objects name in inventory (numbers, layout, list)

arkahys

Force to enlarge windows with long name to know how many object there is.

maybe place number on icon, or between icon and name, or starting line.
What do you think about that ?

numbers.png

opinions : 

Solution 1 (after logo) : 3

Solution 2 (on logo) : 2 

Edited by arkahys
update opinions

Great Idea, var. 1 looks nice.

The other improvements I would like to see are:

1) Name soups, sandwiches and salads like "Salad with ..." or "Soup with..." because now you start a "Cabbage salad" then it becomes "Vegetable salad" then "Salad" and it jumps through inventory according to the FIRST letter of it's name. Making a salad never was so annoying :-D

2) Marking NOT EMPTY bags just with icon, sometimes garbage bags need checking for mint candies and pencils before making a watercollector - and according to /r/ and this forum its not that obvious why you can't make a collector, having 4 trashbags in your inventory. 

Edited by GOGOblin

On 10/09/2016 at 3:44 PM, GOGOblin said:

1) Name soups, sandwiches and salads like "Salad with ..." or "Soup with..." because now you start a "Cabbage salad" then it becomes "Vegetable salad" then "Salad" and it jumps through inventory according to the FIRST letter of it's name. Making a salad never was so annoying 

yes, remind me in 35.11 or 35.12, items in fridge pass from "Frais banane" to "banane Frais", so i'am french, it's "more frenchy", but lost advantage to arrange fresh objects. i don't know if occur in english.

Call to mind too how it complex now in a big bookshelf to know wich book left due to their name :
Start name with "object type" and no it's contents :
"Capacity for xx" to All books
"recipes with xx" for all foods

book.png

Edited by arkahys

1 minute ago, arkahys said:

Start name with "object type" and no it's contents

Yep.

In English variant food has (fresh) or (rotten) after it's name, so arranging uses first letter of its name, not freshness.

Books names look odd to me : low grades start with profession name, advanced-expert-master have a grade in the first place. Can be useful sometimes, but I would prefer colour+some paint on the book rather than different naming. Books already have different colours for different professions, now it would be nice to have some signs or plain letters on them to show mastery grades.  (Why not to do it from the start? Like copypasting a dozen of sprites is a big job.)