setting skill levels before starting a new game

morninam

This has probably been suggested already, but i searched and couldn't find anything on the subject. Anyway, I think it would be cool if there was an option in sandbox to choose what level you want your characters skills to be at at the start of the game. You can set the EXP multiplier really high but it affects all skills. I usually just set it to max because I hate the idea of grinding just to get certain skills up. however this makes the game too easy and id like it if i could just set my skill levels prior to start and have the rest go up as they would normally. for example I like to run around the entire map a lot, including player made maps, so I want to have a high sprinting level. Also I like ortmans gun mod so i like to have my aiming level high because you cant shoot anything unless you use a shotgun when you are at low levels. So really I just want to be able to set these 2 skill levels high and keep the rest normal to keep the game a bit more challenging. 

tl;dr in sandbox give the option to set skill levels before starting a new game

I actually really like this idea for not only a sandbox option but as a server option too :)

I know my friends that I'll convince to play this every year or so would really like the idea as well. If you could set all players to start with certain skills at certain levels it would have made them more open to the grinding of other skills and the reset of skills when killed.

I think I would have given them all a decent bit of carpentry skill as they complained about grinding that up after death the most and then if we could have an option to add recipes that must be learned from a magazine or possessed through a trait I would have given them the fix line recipe for the fishing rod and the how to start a generator one, as they also complained about those two locked recipes the most lol

Edited by Kuren