Infected Cooking Utensils

Okamikurainya

So, kind of gross, but I've been stabbing zombie brains with the same knife I use to butcher my meat, I should be dead.

I think that weapons like knives should become tainted once you use them on a zombie and so cause anything you chop with them to become tainted. Washing the knife with some water, bleach and a dishtowel will clean the knife and make it safe for chopping again.

What y'all think?

Edit: Arrrrrgh! I thought I was in Suggestions! :cry:

Edit of an edit: Thank you Mr/Ms Moderator. :P

Edited by Okamikurainya

Boiling seems like the best way to go about it. Just placing it in a fire should sterilize it but it would still be dirty...

How about adding an Infected icon like the skull showing it's poisoned? To remove the virus from the knife you have to put it in a fire and heat it up until the icon is gone, after that you clean it with water and a dish towel and it's all clean and good again.

While infected, the knife acts as a really bad poison.

While dirty it just taints the food and might give you food poisoning.

While clean, all is good! :D

Sounds like a great idea to me! Makes sense for realism.

Some might argue that it'd just add more inventory management to the game and not really add anything beneficial to game play other than realism for the sake of realism.

I like the realism though, so I'm for it!

12 hours ago, CaptKaspar said:

Sounds like a great idea to me! Makes sense for realism.

Some might argue that it'd just add more inventory management to the game and not really add anything beneficial to game play other than realism for the sake of realism.

I like the realism though, so I'm for it!

I would agrue that.

Its a sound idea but if implemented youd have to keep putting the knife in the oven before cooking and it wouldnt take long to find a 2nd knife, then youd just keep the cooking knife separate an then it just isnt a problem.

Kinda like tainted water and uncooked dead rat. Most players know or learn not to consume it so noone does.

We need splinters, scrapes, and scratches to be easier and more common... I cut my hand all the time reaching into a backpack or a tree branch! Any instance of blood should be able to infect you. Blood on the ground, blood on your shirt, blood on your knife. Better yet, let's make a blood muffin to secretly infect our our ex-friends. This will make hazmat suites actually useful and bandaging yourself even more critical.

Edited by Zomboid

On 9/1/2016 at 0:10 AM, Crazy ManMan said:

I think that is a good idea as far as realizm goes, but as for gameplay it would make survival near impossible with RNG constantly screwing you. I do not get cuts that often even when doing hard work, so I think it is a matter of skin strength, how nimble on is, and how clumsy/careful they are. Random cuts and things I do not think would improve gameplay though, especially if fatal.

You will want to clean your utensils and it will make you think twice about eating just any random thing. Also it will make you want to cover your skin, so your shirt can be ripped and you can be cut. However wearing a new long sleeve shirt should protect you from casual exposure. Running around naked must be punished!