Causes of Death - The Statistical Study

ShylokVakarian

3 hours ago, Rocco36 said:

When (where?) are we going to see the results?

When: When I feel I have enough data points.  I'll probably release updated results on milestones.  First milestone, while not very accurate, should be at 100 responses.  At that point in time, I will temporarily close the responses, crunch the data, and then turn on the form again and give out the results.

Where: Right in this very thread.  Likely an edit to the main post.

I have died more times than I can count but I can give an estimate for each kinds of deaths. Hope it helps.

All the deaths below have happened in singleplayer. In multiplayer, I don't really tend to survive as long as I can.

Death by being eaten by zombies : approximately 10-12 times.

Death by zombie infections : 2-3 times.

Death by bleeding out : 4-5 times.

Death by falling : 6-7 times.

I have never been starved to death or burned to death. I guess it depends on the play style. I tend to keep food as a priority while scavenging and never liked fire enough to be in risk of getting burnt alive.

16 hours ago, PZ Mania said:

I have died more times than I can count but I can give an estimate for each kinds of deaths. Hope it helps.

All the deaths below have happened in singleplayer. In multiplayer, I don't really tend to survive as long as I can.

Death by being eaten by zombies : approximately 10-12 times.

Death by zombie infections : 2-3 times.

Death by bleeding out : 4-5 times.

Death by falling : 6-7 times.

I have never been starved to death or burned to death. I guess it depends on the play style. I tend to keep food as a priority while scavenging and never liked fire enough to be in risk of getting burnt alive.

You need to fill out the Google Form for each death. You should probably only do it for the ones you can recall the best.

Ladies and gentlezombies, we now have our first death by falling.

And apparently, the second story is way more dangerous than you'd like to believe.

Holy shit, Indie Stone, what are you thinking?  Practically anyone could survive a fall from the second story, with minimal injuries.  Please reconsider.

Edited by ShylokVakarian

41 minutes ago, ShylokVakarian said:

And apparently, the second story is way more dangerous than you'd like to believe.

Holy shit, Indie Stone, what are you thinking?  Practically anyone could survive a fall from the second story, with minimal injuries.  Please reconsider.

Was this in IWBUMS or normal?

49 minutes ago, ShylokVakarian said:

If this was in IWBUSMS you could tell us if you had a heavy load or something like that, since it now affects fall damage.

5 hours ago, Blasted_Taco said:

If this was in IWBUSMS you could tell us if you had a heavy load or something like that, since it now affects fall damage.

Hm, news to me...

I will now update the main page to tell volunteers to not submit data points gathered in Eww-Bums.

Thankfully, I had to update the form, so I had to delete that response, because Google Forms is not being nice.  Will add an option in anyways to help weed out responses that were in Eww-Bums.

In other news, we now have our first two deaths by injury or malady.

Edited by ShylokVakarian

15 hours ago, ShylokVakarian said:

I will now update the main page to tell volunteers to not submit data points gathered in Eww-Bums.

Current I♥BUMS sure changed a lot of things, but some still stayed untouched. I don't think, that you can't count mauled by zombs or burned alive. Maybe just put a tag for falling, starvation and malady? 

Falling to my death has been how the majority of my deaths have taken place.

So much so that I booby trap the shit out of my house. Its a PVE server, so I can't kill offenders, but nobody really goes near my condo of death. Unlike creating a safehouse in the city, you can't "Claim" a safehouse you build in the woods to keep people out. So I creatively hide my loot in locked crates behind false walls and build a single safe path to navigate through the house, while leaving enough regular loot around to convince people they found my stuff. Aside from that safe path, uninvited people walking around corners in my housewill drop 3 stories to their death more often than not. I even have built doors on the 4th floor in the center of the house that lead to a deathdrop right in the middle of my building.

I lol every time I find a corpse with a set of keys at the bottom. I even cleared a plot on the side to leave their bodies.

12 hours ago, ShylokVakarian said:

Ladies and gentlezombies, we have reached 100 responses.  *Sniff* They grow up so fast.

The main post has been updated with the latest info.  Let's see if we can get to 250 responses.

See what I did? My ruining your fun payed off in the long run. Got your forum pinned, and now you have over 100 responses. :3 I planned this all along, obviously. :P

• nasKo unpinned this topic