Placeable Candles and torches

ShuiYin

i think we already have a candle item in game but they cannot be put in a stationary position (can only be used when held) i made a mod to make them placeable but they do not emitt light at the moment. candles really sets atmosphere so if you can make it so that candles can be placed and be used like a table lamp it will really make survival after electricity shutoff a richer experience. While on this line maybe can you add torches as well (i know there are in mods everywhere including in mine PZ Vanilla Patch) because torches really sets an apocalyptic mood in my opinion.

1 minute ago, ShuiYin said:

i think we already have a candle item in game but they cannot be put in a stationary position (can only be used when held) i made a mod to make them placeable but they do not emitt light at the moment. candles really sets atmosphere so if you can make it so that candles can be placed and be used like a table lamp it will really make survival after electricity shutoff a richer experience. While on this line maybe can you add torches as well (i know there are in mods everywhere including in mine PZ Vanilla Patch) because torches really sets an apocalyptic mood in my opinion.

Yup, i was about to post this too.

I mean whats the point of candles if you cant place them?

In the meanwhile i still would like to push my idea of needing a light source to read books at night, seriously since the Long Dark introduced that you needed X amount of light source to do something, it has been bugging me that there is no reason to use flashlights or candles in the dark, hell i dont think i ever seen a lit candle before.

20 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

Yup, i was about to post this too.

I mean whats the point of candles if you cant place them?

In the meanwhile i still would like to push my idea of needing a light source to read books at night, seriously since the Long Dark introduced that you needed X amount of light source to do something, it has been bugging me that there is no reason to use flashlights or candles in the dark, hell i dont think i ever seen a lit candle before.

Makes a lot of sense that you should be needing light to do some activities like reading or crafting complex stuff like maybe making bombs. The adverse effect of the night can really impact gameplay and make people really plan their day and night time activities.

2 hours ago, ShuiYin said:

i think we already have a candle item in game but they cannot be put in a stationary position

Yep, also candlesticks and plates (yes, there must be plates in this world.. some day maybe) to mount candles. Can be coded as fireplace/bbq with option "add candle". instead of fuel.

Plate of Candles from Vital-energy on tumblr .gif

The other nice thing is a (self-made)  oil/paraffin lamp - its pretty handy and relatively safe.

i-23286.jpg

19 hours ago, GOGOblin said:

Yep, also candlesticks and plates (yes, there must be plates in this world.. some day maybe) to mount candles. Can be coded as fireplace/bbq with option "add candle". instead of fuel.

Plate of Candles from Vital-energy on tumblr .gif

The other nice thing is a (self-made)  oil/paraffin lamp - its pretty handy and relatively safe.

i-23286.jpg

i totally forgot about plates Lol. and these lamps are very common in my country and is always shown in my country horror movies Lol

On 24/08/2016 at 4:17 AM, GOGOblin said:

i-23286.jpg

I think we should have two kins of theese, one that runs with batteries and one that runs with petrol, make one in some color and the other in a different color.