Sassa87

[CLOSED UPON REQUEST. NEW THREAD HERE:]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

New Dawn - Powered by AGN

New Dawn is the longest running role play server here for Project Zomboid. 
We aim to bring an atmosphere of quality role play and push heavily for in depth character creation as well as heavy immersion in the server. 
With the admins, players of Project Zomboid, and our development team we have created tons of features that you will be taken care of as a player on our server.

Server info:

Server status: ONLINE

Server location: North America (Works globally)

Player slots: 64

New Dawn Team
Admins: Pann, Scriblerias, GrayFox, MindGate, ModdedTibby

Developers - jianmingyong

We'll see you at:

http://newdawn.aggressivegaming.org/

^ Apply your character for whitelisting on the website - Don't forget to read the rules ^

____________________________________________________________________________________

Server Lore

As an addition to our server, we've got a server lore to enhance the role play experience.
Ever want to know what it would feel like to experience the apocalypse before and after it started?

Here's a run down of how it works.

We will start this lore in Cloverport, Kentucky; 2010. Players will live their lives as normal people do, there is no apocalypse when we start.
The story line will slowly guide us in the outbreak stages eventually.
This means players can apply for any occupation the real world has too. This ranges from teachers, carpenters, veterinarians, call center employees and others.

Applications are open!

At this time we have opened up our application process for the new lore and admins will be prepping them and getting people to the point of a new standard of approval on the server.
The applications have gotten tougher. We are also changing the whole group application system a bit, there is now a separate application form for this.
There will be no purely evil people accepted. More on that is on the New Dawn website.

Stay Tuned for a Launch Date and more information!
Link to the "New Lore" forum post - http://newdawn.aggressivegaming.org/threads/new-lore-details.6163/
Link to New Rules - http://newdawn.aggressivegaming.org/forums/rules.217/
Link to Applications - http://newdawn.aggressivegaming.org/applicationform/types

• nasKo pinned this topic

I do not think I can vouch for this server. I tried to join during the last lore but was met with restrictions with everything I do. The players all seem to be amateur psychologists dictating what a person would or wouldn't do, and were more interested in simply talking. I have been roleplaying for over three decades and do not feel this server offered what I look for in a roleplay experience.

I was also appalled to hear the moderators belittle people on the teamspeak and talk behind players backs when they went offline. This would also continue on the public chatbox for the forums, with the owner being the main culprit. Perhaps I will give this server another chance but I sincerely hope this behavior is not present anymore. Some people were nice and helpful though!

On 26/08/2016 at 6:02 PM, Kilt_Spilt_Milk said:

I do not think I can vouch for this server. I tried to join during the last lore but was met with restrictions with everything I do. The players all seem to be amateur psychologists dictating what a person would or wouldn't do, and were more interested in simply talking. I have been roleplaying for over three decades and do not feel this server offered what I look for in a roleplay experience.

I was also appalled to hear the moderators belittle people on the teamspeak and talk behind players backs when they went offline. This would also continue on the public chatbox for the forums, with the owner being the main culprit. Perhaps I will give this server another chance but I sincerely hope this behavior is not present anymore. Some people were nice and helpful though!

I am sorry you had that experience.
Teamspeak hasn't been used in quite a while. In fact, I hadn't been on it for months either until only last week when it started picking up again. There's also been quite a few changes, including in the admin team. I encourage you to come join us for a bit. I mean, shit talking is going to be in any community where there are loads of people, but if you feel the need to address something, you can always hit me up with a private message on the AGN forums, or elsewhere.
We had a support ticket system specifically for complaints towards staffmembers too and this still needs to be implemented again, I will make sure to get on that asap.

- Nara

EDIT: Made a department for Staff Complaints.

Edited by Sassa87

On August 26, 2016 at 0:02 PM, Kilt_Spilt_Milk said:

I was also appalled to hear the moderators belittle people on the teamspeak and talk behind players backs when they went offline. This would also continue on the public chatbox for the forums, with the owner being the main culprit. Perhaps I will give this server another chance but I sincerely hope this behavior is not present anymore. Some people were nice and helpful though

I cant necessarily disagree with you but they are working towards fixing all the problems.

Edited by Shoobalou

On 8/26/2016 at 0:02 PM, Kilt_Spilt_Milk said:

This is pretty much the nail right on the head,  The admins are mostly interested in punishing rulebreakers or people they don't like over minor infractions despite the fact most of the time the server is empty and needs more people online.  If you are looking to sit around and type, write a huge backstory and not really meddle in the mechanics of the game this server is excellent. But if you are looking to run around and play Project Zomboid I would not really recommend this server anymore.

There once was a time when all these rules existed to stop players from randomly having kilms and smelting nails and bullets with Hydrocraft all day but somewhere along the way we started outlawing basic things anyone could do unless they were specified, leading to heavily detailed backstories so you knew who could do what leading to needing a backstory in oceanography to have a gold fish. Or much stupider things like, "You can't grow plants because no farming backstory." Or "You can't forage because no foraging backstory." 

I used to give this server my seal of approval, but I play Project Zomboid to play a video game on the computer and it doesn't feel like I am actually playing much of anything I am just emoting alone in a corner afraid I'll get banned for hanging a painting on my wall without an emote despite the fact I was the only person online. Maybe one day New Dawn will be a server people can just sign on enjoy Project Zomboid and just roleplay the apocalypse realistically.

lol @Jack Bower

Though, in defense of New Dawn, people (admins) that made it a great and famous server are no longer present there for different reasons. All that is left from "New Dawn" is its name. Sad really as the 'original' New Dawn was the best Zomboid RP server. Maybe they'll pick it up though (go to its roots), can't tell, but if not, another one will surely sprout and take its place.

Cheers!

Edited by Rocco36

IT does sadden me to read some of these reviews of the server after its current launch.  Yeah i have been away and yes the server has been in good hands prepping nad setting things up and making sure rules are followed with the admins running it. 

@Jack Bower  Cmon now dude.  We all know at Indiestone and New Dawn your attitude and reputation for not caring and doing whatever you want to do.  This doesnt work in a RP setting so when you are busting down 30 trees without any RP, nothing different than last lore we are going to well....take care of the issue at hand there. I am sorry you have not found the experience this time around as pleasant or rewarding as times before.  Things do change and one of those things was our lax attitude towards rule breaking. IF you would like to talk further since I am available hit me up on skype.

Now with that being said I am back and im here watching the server and whats going on.  IF people dont feel the server is where it needs to be ill see that and we will explore options. 

Edited by ModdedTibby

I'm sorry, I have to agree with our boys Rocco and Jack, here. This was once a great RP server that let people enjoy the game and RP without imposing an overbearing and, quite frankly, strangling oversight upon their players and what they can or can't do, write or can't write. People have been complaining about these problems for awhile, as I understand, and the situation has only become more authoritarian. It's entirely antithetical to the idea of community story telling or promoting a healthy player base.

I hope all the best for your staff, I'm sure you're all great people with the best intentions, but I don't understand how there are any players who are willing to deal with the sort of restrictions you impose upon them.

Edited by Lawlmonster
Grammatic

• 4 weeks later...

Have a lot of faith in New Dawn with some of the new admins running it, I can say it will probably be drastically different in the coming months.

I urge people who didn't like it originally to give it another shot if they're willing.

With the new admins, things have changed. To anyone who played New Dawn before and was disgusted by some of the problems of it: things have changed. And I tell you this because I hated all of that too.

Keep up with the good work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • nasKo locked this topic