Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

Multiplayer specific:

- Admin: Log players spawn coordinates upon fully connecting.

- Admin: Log players death coordinates.

- Admin: Log incidences of the game removing "duped" items when a player tries to have both of them in inventory.

- Adjust high and low green hedges, and TV's so that they cannot be used as indestructible barricade solutions. TV's should be able to be climbed over when on the floor by players and zeds. The hedge mechanic (being able to dig up and replant) is a little odd and perhaps needs removing or adjusting so that they are able to be "broken down" like a log wall.

Edited by Hicks

Lots of good stuff. I'll upvote and add (in the spoiler):

Spoiler

+ 11. Consolidating gas *AND* water containers to fill one and empty the other. (credit: Geras)
+ 21. Choosing the fill graphic for shelves, etc. to know what they're for. Even if you just do a work around like "Build Bookcase" = books, "Build Gun Rack" = guns, "Build Open Dresser" = clothes, etc. (credit: Geras)
+ 25. Yes, generators fueling gas stations is in a mod and would be great in game. Generator noise attracts zombies and fuel is not unlimited so it's kind of fun to fight for fuel. (Credit: Delta-Chan for the mod; Credit: Geras for suggestion)
+ 43. Yes on useable ladders. I'd also add the ability for players to make them with carpentry. (Credit: Geras)
+ 49 To have a different take than Geras, maybe have negative traits like "Not into reading" and "Pickey Eater" to make eating dogfood negative and reading not give a mood boost. (Credit: Geras)
+ 49a. Conversely, some people are not picky eaters and love books. I can scarf tasteless leftovers (Garbage Disposal) and read novels (Book Worm) for fun.
+ 50. Yes on the sleeping bags. (Credit: Geras)
+ ~1. Yes, creepy noises in the woods to throw me off and make me more jumpy would help the mood. (Credit: Strats)
+ ~. Yes on editing recipes for modders as well as more fluid recipes in-game. I like how flexible soups, stews, and stir fries are. More of that please! (Credit: ShuiYin)
+ 74. Yes, more noise types (ambient) should draw zombies... if not by default, then as a Sandbox option. (Credit: CaptKaspar)
+ 75. Yes to weather indications: for balance though, maybe make them as a survivalist trait or something as some of us can't really read the weather that well. XD (Credit: CaptKaspar)
+ ~. Yes on needing flashlights to read and to see in-doors with drawn curtains. I've been through power-outages. You can't see SQUAT in a house at night. (Credit: Blasted_Taco)
+ 89. And to piggyback, yes, darker nights in general when there is no bright moon (Credit: Geras)
+ 92. Yeah, a choice to climb-up, stop, and climb-down would help on the sheetropes. (Credit: CaptKaspar)
+ 94. I agree that zombies could destroy sheetropes (and ladders; see #43) *IF* and only *IF* they can open doors. Otherwise they don't have the hand dexterity to do that. (credit: CaptKaspar)
+ 94a. Besides, the REAL risk with sheetropes is when NPCs are added. You'll come home one day finding an NPC pointing that shotgun you looted right at you... Or even pulling the sheetrope up and claiming your safehouse!
+ 95. A show/hidelevel function would be great. (credit: ZombiesLoveBrainiacs)
+ 98. Just like alcohol a set of positive and negative smoker traits (that you start with or earn) to affect the effect of cigarettes. (Credit: ZombiesLoveBrainiacs and Blake81)
+ 100. YES YES YES! Some generic "+1 to Skill" traits would be great. (credit: morninam)
+ 100a. Maybe make it so that on lower difficulty levels you get more trait points. Make the +X to all skills a positive trait you can take or not but make it default selected for newer players. (credit: morninam)
+ 103. I *REALLY* disagree with reducing the canned food but I AGREE with the need for more jars. Some stores should even have plastic-wrapped cases of 12 canning jars ready to go. (Credit to Zorak)
+ 106. Yes, more buff foods. Svarog's Energy drink mod is a good example: It wakes you up and removes fatigue but with only minor calories and thirst quench. (Credit: Svarog for the mod; Credit: Zorak for the suggestion)
+ 107. Microwaves start fires way too easily. IRL microwaves can't start fires that easily--I know, I've tried. Their capacitors usually burn out before starting a fire. And their Faraday-cage insides usually keep the fire from combusting with any force. (Credit: GOGOblin)
+ 113. Add a "Sit and Read" option to read AND reduce fatigue. (Credit: GOGOblin)
+ 116. Boring could use some tweaks based on traits. A player with an "Introvert" trait may be perfectly happy to sit in an abandoned warehouse and daydream. A player with an "Adrenaline Junkie" trait may remove boredom and unhappiness by killing zombies. A player with a "DIY" trait may channel an inner Bob Villa and remove boredom by building stuff in or out of a safehouse. (Credit: GOGOblin)
+ 119. Campfires should be trampled out like crops are when zombies walk over them. Maybe caught the first couple on fire before being trampled out. (Credit: Rickyroughneck)
+ 121. YES YES YES! Jar of food + Pot of Water + Boiling = Canned. Wham. Glass Jar canning makes food good for 100 years (people have opened food canned in glass jars like this and the corn was as firm as corn from a can from today!), as opposed to jarring. Fruit, vegetables, and even MEAT (like chicken and fish) can be preserved this way IRL. This is a recipe LONG overdue! (Credit: Rickyroughneck)
+ 122. I have to agree that some sort of weight limit should be applied to climbing sheet ropes. Something along the lines of "if you're too heavy to run you should be too heavy to climb" sort of deal. (Credit: Rickyroughneck)
+ 125. Digging with a trowel should cause exertion just like swinging an axe, NOT sleepiness. (Credit: CaptKaspar)
+ 127. Yes, a compost bin for rotten plant-matter food (fruit and veggies) would be GREAT! Make your own fertilizer. (Credit: CaptKaspar)
+ 129. Burning zombie corpses WITHOUT starting a forest fire would be great. Moses' Cremation mod allows people to add corpses to a campfire as fuel, for example. (Credit: to Moses for his Cremation Mod; Credit: CaptKaspar for the suggestion)
+ 134. Microwave timer is just common sense! Electric stoves have this too. (Credit: CaptKaspar)
+ 138. To piggyback on #74, if ambient noises attract zombies then thunderstorm noises could distract them too. (Credit: Trojan_Turps)
+ 146. OPTIONS = GOOD. More Z options to mix things up. (Credit: GOGOblin)
+ 152. Add suture needle to tailoring recipes as an option is a good idea, but maybe make it take longer. (per ©Cromulent Archer; Credit: Keshash)
+ 155. Add a function to generators showing how much power it generates as well as an indicator for total power consumption. Up the power with more generators or disconnect power-hungry items. (Credit: Geras)
+ 149a. TOTALLY should be able to fill bathtubs and/or sinks with water. When there are water issues the city where I live even advises us to do that. (Credit: TheWraithPlayer)
+ ~. Storing gas into fuel barrels would be great! Store the barrels by a generator and siphon when needed! (Credit: Kyel Logen)
+ ~. A hungover moodle would be great. (Credit: kirrus)

(we skipped some numbering, so bear with me)

156. Difficulty percentage system: Allow your sandbox options to have a PLUS or MINUS difficulty range (like with traits):

• Zombies would have a percentage of difficulty based on mixed and matched lore.
  • Power and water shutoffs affect difficulty with shorter times adding difficulty % and longer times reducing it.
  • etc., etc., et. al., ad infinitum.

Then your death notice would say something like: You lasted 12 Days 11 Hours at 112% Difficulty. You could even set difficulty ranges: i.e. <100% = Easy, whereas 300%+ would be Extra Hard.

157. To piggyback off #100, maybe allow difficulty modifiers in sandbox to act like a negative trait that allowed you to pick up more positive traits. You could pick the generic X1.5xp boost from standard difficulty settings or use them on other traits.

158. More types of canned foods (Canned pasta for carbohydrates, etc.). Even add catfood. Seriously, those cat foods have real meat chicken, tuna, and some of them have shrimp and lobster! [ The felines eat better than I do! Don't tell me cats don't rule the world. >:( ] With the calorie system in place more sources of varied nutrients matter more than ever.

Edited by virindi_Screenwriter
Used quote instead of spoiler

25 minutes ago, virindi_Screenwriter said:

Microwaves start fires way too easily. IRL microwaves can't start fires that easily--I know, I've tried. Their capacitors usually burn out before starting a fire. And their Faraday-cage insides usually keep the fire from combusting with any force.

Don't tell anyone! Electricity is magic!

159. Blood on characters with hemophobia go into a panic. (No really, if you panic when perform stitching and stuff why not make them panic when they have blood all over them?)

160. Characters with hypochondria have a chance of believing they are infected if they get blood on them.

Edited by sharkstertheshark

1 minute ago, sharkstertheshark said:

159. Blood on characters with hemophobia go into a panic. (No really, if you panic when preform stitching and stuff why not make them panic when they have blood all over them?)

160. Characters with hypochondria have a chance of believing they are infected if they get blood on them.

I like 159 which i have no doubt would be EZ PZ (see what i did there?) to add blood on characters with hemophobia makes you panic. but im not sure about 160 because that would be A LOT.

1 hour ago, Queen Glory said:

I like 159 which i have no doubt would be EZ PZ (see what i did there?) to add blood on characters with hemophobia makes you panic. but im not sure about 160 because that would be A LOT.

I am somewhat of a hypochondriac and I can vouch that it does need to be extreme. If I was smashing dead peoples heads in with a bat and I had blood hitting my face id be afraid of it getting into my mouth and eyes i'd definitely be a little concerned about catching something. Atleast 159, at this point in time hemophobia is free points and in reality anyone with that fear caked in blood is absolutely going to lose it.

Edited by sharkstertheshark

6 hours ago, Hicks said:

Multiplayer specific:

- Admin: Log players spawn coordinates upon fully connecting.

- Admin: Log players death coordinates.

- Admin: Log incidences of the game removing "duped" items when a player tries to have both of them in inventory.

- Adjust high and low green hedges, and TV's so that they cannot be used as indestructible barricade solutions. TV's should be able to be climbed over when on the floor by players and zeds. The hedge mechanic (being able to dig up and replant) is a little odd and perhaps needs removing or adjusting so that they are able to be "broken down" like a log wall.

Further to this; logging players locations when logging off would also assist us catching reloaders/dupers.

161. Add proper welding with an electrical welding machine. The machine could use generator art (just recolor or something) and transport mechanic. Welding machine could be powered by a generator after power shut-off. Existing welding rods could be re-used for use with the new machine. You could fix the machine with electronic parts as we repair generators now. You could weld in a radius of 15-20 tiles away from the machine (or more, or less). I'd then disable propane welding but, maybe, leave the propane torch for melting lead when making and casting bullets will arrive?

This is a map related one, but one that's bugged me for awhile. One of my favorite places to hold up in the city of West Point actually has a bed room with no window :P Something that of course does not exist, as all real bedrooms have windows due to building codes requiring them.

This room used to be completely unfurnished too (before the last map tweaks), making it an empty bedroom with no window :P Was kinda one of my favorite "easter eggs" back then lol

Here's the room for reference. On the second floor (Level 1): http://map.projectzomboid.com/?#0.6722408743980972,0.11553829874550642,2116.4710578754816

Anyway, my "little" suggestion is to add a window to this now furnished room. Would love to see it feel completed with an egress window :) Just to keep it up to code of course :P lol

167.  Please fix Item distribution for frugal setting: make some items not so rare.  There is no damn carbage bags at all! Very few nails.  I guess those things IRL are not #1 items to be salvaged from abandoned houses. Some trash like pipes, metal, planks, clothes, garbage bags - noone cares about them, why make them rare?   (I know the difference petween PZ and real life, but lack of garbage bags is spoiling the game).  

I tried the game on settings kinda 6months, Items(all) - poor, low Z count, tough Zs., smart Z navigation, Zs senses normal, female character with weak+pacifist..  - THATS the game I like.  Maximus surviving, every fight is an event, need to barricade doors - because "they are coming for you Barbara :?". The only thing that really uosets me is absolutely 0 carbage bags (with 3 sledgehammers on background - lucky trait).

Edited by GOGOblin

14 minutes ago, GOGOblin said:

167.  Please fix Item distribution for frugal setting: make some items not so rare.  There is no damn carbage bags at all! Very few nails.  I guess those things IRL are not #1 items to be salvaged from abandoned houses. Some trash like pipes, metal, planks, clothes, garbage bags - noone cares about them, why make them rare?   (I know the difference petween PZ and real life, but lack of garbage bags is spoiling the game).  

I tried the game on settings kinda 6months, Items(all) - poor, low Z count, tough Zs., smart Z navigation, Zs senses normal, female character with weak+pacifist..  - THATS the game I like.  Maximus surviving, every fight is an event, need to barricade doors - because "they are coming for you Barbara :?". The only thing that really uosets me is absolutely 0 carbage bags (with 3 sledgehammers on background - lucky trait).

I assume you mean garbage bags? That's not going to change. It's that way for game balance, to make long term survival harder with standard zombies. The game is balanced to it's standard zombie settings, anything but the "proper zombies" tickbox is not the game the devs are balancing for. If you wish to balance for this, a mod should be able to increase garbage bag spawn rate.

46 minutes ago, kirrus said:

The game is balanced to it's standard zombie settings, anything but the "proper zombies" tickbox is not the game the devs are balancing for.

I mean not Z-setting, but setting of loot: food-items-weapons. If they decrease the probability of all items some rare ones (like garbage bags) become extremely rare. I don't care about hammers or medicines, but garbage bags are themselves balancing things: they make living in Muldraugh possible. Rare loot already has big impact: no nails to train carpentry or to build a fortress, no shells to practice shooting and a others "second step" effects; lack of necessary (and not that rare and valuable IRL) garbage bags rises difficulty a lot, in fact it changes gameplay, making it less various.

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread
  • nasKo pinned this topic