Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

We should be able to make wine into vinegar for purposes of food preservation/canning. Perhaps the wine becomes vinegar after about a week of being exposed to open air? I read a thing from a chef who explained how you could make good wine vinegar by adding 3 parts wine to 1 part unfiltered vinegar and leaving it for a month. The new liquid mixing mechanics would be great for something like this (though maybe reduce the length of time it takes)

Add concentrated squash/juice that we can add to water to get happiness buffs like soda does. Drinking the concentrated squash should give unhappiness while drinking it diluted in water should provide happiness buffs. This would be useful for nomads or people who travel who don't want to carry very heavy soda bottles around, as they can carry 1 bottle of the diluted squash and add it to water they have for the buffs, saving on weight. Negative buffs for undiluted squash should counter the positive of having it be a more concentrated version of soda (though maybe the buff shouldn't be as good as soda either) 

• 2 weeks later...

I think of possible traits sometimes. I don’t see a thread for trait suggestions. Would it be a good idea to have one here?

I noticed there’s a trait for being picky or having a preference for high quality foods but what about the opposite? Being indifferent or having low standards. I would imagine you get less positive effects from high quality food but get no negatives or even a little bit of positive effects from plain or shabbier foods such as microwave dinners. 

Preferences and weakness to temperatures. Not handling/liking the cold or the heat and liking warmth. 

1238.  I think the vehicle system designers are leaving some things on the table when it comes to differing sounds for cars with their engines, mufflers, or suspensions in a low condition state.  Take for example this messed up MFP pursuit vehicle:

This would be a great audible cue to let the player know why his / her vehicle is attracting so many zombies.

Also, I'd love to see squealing, smoking tires from cars and trucks with high enough horsepower.

Edited by Wren

• 3 weeks later...

1239. sorry if this has already been suggested. small change in weapon repair

UPD. of course, you can remove / install parts from other similar weapons

and install gadgets in the same window

ProjectZomboid64 2023-06-24 13-16-21-98.jpg

Edited by CKyHC

1240. The time a watch or clock's alarm is set to should show up when the watch is hovered over with the mouse even when the alarm is not set to go off, with a separate piece of text showing if the alarm is active or not

Edited by AlisterSinclair
formating

Heres a slightly devious one: Smoke Detectors in buildings.

If your base lights on fire for some reason, smoke detectors go off, and call all the zombies to you to make sure you remember next time not to let your base light on fire

You could have a chance of setting them off if your character smokes indoors as well.

On 6/28/2023 at 7:43 PM, CKyHC said:

1239. sorry if this has already been suggested. small change in weapon repair

UPD. of course, you can remove / install parts from other similar weapons

and install gadgets in the same window

ProjectZomboid64 2023-06-24 13-16-21-98.jpg

Is this from a mod? It looks kinda sweet

1243. Wound infections should have much more of a serious effect if left untreated. Right now (unless I am mistaken) they have a barely noticeable impact on pain and healing, but they should at least cause sickness/nausea.

1244. No more safely drinking from contaminated sources (rivers/puddles) just fine but being unable to safely drink the same water out of a bottle. Water directly from a contaminated source should be contaminated no matter how you drink it.

1247. On Apocalypse mode house alarms cannot be set off by zombies, but this results in situations where the player can set off an alarm by simply entering a house that has already had extreme amounts of damage done to it, which doesn't make sense. Just now I entered a building which had had all its windows and doors smashed down by zombies, and the alarm went off the moment I walked through the empty doorway, despite the fact 25+ undead monsters had just ravaged and destroyed all of the entrances. This is inconsistent with the rules the game sets out for house alarms.
Rather than add a feature to Apocalypse mode that was intentionally left out (zombies setting off house alarms), houses that have had significant damage done to them by zombies should have their alarms neutralised so that they don't go off when the player enters.

On 7/9/2023 at 6:48 AM, knightshousegames said:

Heres a slightly devious one: Smoke Detectors in buildings.

If your base lights on fire for some reason, smoke detectors go off, and call all the zombies to you to make sure you remember next time not to let your base light on fire

You could have a chance of setting them off if your character smokes indoors as well.

Dying smoke detectors could be a thing, too. They start making beeps when the battery is low. Not sure if this was common in 93, though

• 4 weeks later...

Put recipes to their respective categories in the right click context menu

In the crafting menu all the recipes are devided into categories. But in the inventory context menu if you click on a item which is in many recipes the context menu becomes cluttered and sometimes a  mouse wheel stress tester. Sometimes it becomes irritating because the reason for opening the context menu wasn't the recipes in the first place.... So it would be great if the recipes were to get their own submenus according to their categories.

And it could be implemented in b41 as a qol update

Edited by PrimeDew

Literally a single item:

victorinox-jumpmaster-02.jpg

Have it be capable of being used in tasks like crafts that require a knife, screwdriver, or saw, and of course for opening cans, perhaps at the cost of the tasks taking twice as long.

Have it spawn in survivor caches, in army backpacks, and maybe at hunting locations like the hunting lodge

1248. Clothing on zombies should also protect them from damage from player for example if zombie wears a helmet or hardhat they would be more resistant to blunt melee  and stomp damage.

1249. Zombies wearing masks  that cover the mouth such as gas mask , welding mask and hockey mask cant bite the player.

1250. Zombies with wearing bullet proof vests be resistant to getting shot.

1251. Zombies wearing gloves prevent them from scratch or laceration injuries to the player.