Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

• 1 month later...

Let us snooze the watch alarm by just clicking on the display, in the top right corner of the screen, instead of having to select the watch from the inventory, right click on it and select "turn off alarm" 

after all, it's a wrist watch, it's right there on my wrist, why should i open my inventory to snooze the alarm? 

edit* : and let it be possible to snooze off the alarm while moving(walking) . my character can eat a whole meal of stir-fry bird's meat and mushrooms from a pan while walking, but cannot snooze the alarm of a wrist-watch? 🤨

Edited by crisius

4 hours ago, crisius said:

Let us snooze the watch alarm by just clicking on the display, in the top right corner of the screen, instead of having to select the watch from the inventory, right click on it and select "turn off alarm" 

after all, it's a wrist watch, it's right there on my wrist, why should i open my inventory to snooze the alarm? 

edit* : and let it be possible to snooze off the alarm while moving(walking) . my character can eat a whole meal of stir-fry bird's meat and mushrooms from a pan while walking, but cannot snooze the alarm of a wrist-watch? 🤨

I'd go a step further and add the alarm UI to to the on-screen clock display as well.

When you scroll over a weapon, Add a few words saying what weapon type it is. Would help new players know that spoons are a small blade, and also help us for when you add more ambiguous weapons in the future like the pickaxe or the machete.  Did not know until I looked on the wiki that a machete is a long blade.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 1:08 AM, Geras said:

I'd go a step further and add the alarm UI to to the on-screen clock display as well.

And make the wristwatch wearable item! I think I suggested it before, too :)

EDIT: Even more with 3D model for animation update, but that may be something for future

Edited by Faalagorn

On 1/19/2018 at 6:14 PM, Spikelord said:

595.More variety To motor vehicle's

1. (Tractor's) Plenty of farms around kentucky 

2. (Golf carts) With the country club and all

3. (Big Semi Trucks) Perfect for Clearing a horde of zombies

4. (Armored Transports) Military and or Bank With Fortknox being in the near vicinity

The List Really could go on And on 

^^^  I second all of these  ^^^

On 8/23/2016 at 2:37 AM, NebNebber said:

i keep suggesting that saws blades should break and you'd need to find new saw blades, just like the fishing rod + paperclip deal, i think its a good idea but maybe its just me.

Building on the saw blade idea, it would be nice to see the saw icon changed from a pipe saw to the type of saw actually used to cut wood.  Or, add a wood saw in addition to the pipe saw.

This has probably been suggested before but I can't remember seeing it..

1097. More environmental sounds: Wind, rain, birds, etc.

If you're indoors during a storm the howling of the wind could become less prominent while the smattering of rain on the roof gets louder. If the game knows what type of building you're inside they could add wood creaking during heavy wind in houses. Birds could go quiet if there's a zombie horde nearby, giving you that eerily quest feeling.

1098. Make reading great

Reading in MP is not the most engrossing experience. More often than not, it involves asking other players to protect you while you go afk to make dinner in real life.

What if we had a little mini-game for nominal reading speed boosts, to keep players "in" the game? Could be as simple (visually) as one of those timed button presses- a little reticle could bounce left to right in the reading progress bar, with little targets appearing occasionally- hit lmb at the right moment, and maybe you can skip a page.

Not a fan of mini games in this game generally, but then again I'm not a fan of an absence of gameplay either 🤔

Edited by trombonaught

8 hours ago, trombonaught said:

Reading in MP is not the most engrossing experience.

I agree about the problem but I think a mini game to represent reading would feel incredibly out of place in PZ.

Anything time consuming is problematic to implement in multiplayer. I think that you don't need to sleep in MP removes a pretty big part of the survival horror feeling (i.e. looking for a safe place to spend the night).

As for reading, what if you could equip a book as "currently reading" and it would automatically progress 50 pages during a day? We pretend the character reads a few pages every now and then when they have time even if you don't see it happening (just like we pretend characters find time to go to the toilet even though we never see it in the game :)). Equipping a non-skill book or comic could give a bit of happiness every day instead of the weird speed reading thing that the game currently does.

On 4/23/2020 at 2:04 PM, sprkng said:

This has probably been suggested before but I can't remember seeing it..

1097. More environmental sounds: Wind, rain, birds, etc.

If you're indoors during a storm the howling of the wind could become less prominent while the smattering of rain on the roof gets louder. If the game knows what type of building you're inside they could add wood creaking during heavy wind in houses. Birds could go quiet if there's a zombie horde nearby, giving you that eerily quest feeling.

Bird sounds already exist, at least when you are out in the woods or foraging.
Rain and thunder is a thing too, but not sure about wind, like only wind. Might be a good addition.

Not sure if this has been suggested earlier, but I've been thinking a lot about the farming/gardening possibilities and variations in the game. I'm into gardening and farming IRL so maybe that is why I think a lot about it.

Farming variety and indoor-possibilities

It would be nice with a larger variety of vegetables to farm. I'm thinking that there are already onions, corn etc in the game, why not make it possible to farm them? Maybe even planting some fruit trees.

Another idea is to introduce green-house farming. Or farming in pots indoors by a window. Tomatoes and cucumbers are among the things I've grown indoors by a sunny window in a cold country IRL.

Gardening  flowers and other plants
Another thing that I thought of was gardening/planting flowers and other plants not for eating but to reduce stress, remove boredom and  depression. When I play I usually go and take nice hedges and plants from other lots to make my base look nice. Gardening IRL does help with stress, boredom and depression.

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread