Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

Have weight differences between characters matter when the player runs into a zombie. If the character is overweight and strong, they should have a decent chance of just trucking that zombie over, while if the character is underweight and frail, or weakened by being tired and hungry, have them have a chance to bounce off the Zombie and fall over more often.

3 hours ago, knightshousegames said:

Have weight differences between characters matter when the player runs into a zombie. If the character is overweight and strong, they should have a decent chance of just trucking that zombie over, while if the character is underweight and frail, or weakened by being tired and hungry, have them have a chance to bounce off the Zombie and fall over more often.

yes, and a light weight character could move and turn around faster and be sneakier than an heavy weight character, for really strong character I would also add the ability to push several zombies at once and have a higher chance to make them fall down.

The idea would be to choose between a more agile character or a more strong one, instead of everyone going for a strong one.

23 minutes ago, Axezombie said:

yes, and a light weight character could move and turn around faster and be sneakier than an heavy weight character, for really strong character I would also add the ability to push several zombies at once and have a higher chance to make them fall down.

The idea would be to choose between a more agile character or a more strong one, instead of everyone going for a strong one.

I wouldn't want to go THAT far with it, small can be strong, big can be wimpy, I've seen both

It's just a matter of collisions. strength stats should mostly remain the same, the slowdown from being overweight comes from the loss of fitness and such. I just imagine no matter who you are, you get body checked full speed by someone who is significantly bigger, no matter how strong you are, you are falling, so all the moreso for Zombies who fall over just about everything anyway. It's just a matter of physics really

Have an option in the Sandbox menu, which makes it so when an item is worn out, it is automatically dropped on the spot from the player's inventory.

Most of the weapons make a falling on the ground sound when they break anyway, might as well give an option for that to actually be the case, especially since I've never done anything with the broken weapons or worn out clothes when they are destroyed and I just end up dropping them anyway

1195. Automatically use the eating with fork or spoon animation when spoon or fork is nearby.

1196. Add extra unhapiness and/or speed when eating with fork or spoon.

1197. Allow eating on plates for extra bonus

1198. Allow eating on tables for another extra bonus.

1199. Show Bullet protection on Protection screen

1200. Add option to show numerical (not bar) for things like insulation on clothing (and other bars as well, preferably as an option to be toggled).

1201. Allow to cut leash for leather straps.

12 hours ago, knightshousegames said:

The ability to leap over counters in places like restaurants and banks similar to low fence jump

I think I suggested it way back, or maybe I didn't but yeah, it would be nice :)

1203. Ability to add maps as a fuel (actually, it would be nice if whole fuel system was overhauled, every item should have a melting point and some energy which I hope will come down the road with blacksmith)

1204. Ability to add paddings and rip fingerless gloves.

1205. Ability to wear oven mittens.

1206. Visible 3D items when held in hands (should be doable now that almost everything has a model)

1207. Obtaining worms and some forage materials from harvesting grass (some mods add it already)

1208. Boxing gloves should havefer protection but slow characters fighting speed (or transferring items, if possible).

1209. Differently colored scarves should have different names – I assume they are made out of various materials, since they have varying insulation.

1210. TV shows watched should could as VHS watched for training materials and vice versa.

1211. Add missing icons and spawns to Antler Boopers, GoldStar Boopers, Furry Ears, Hat Arrow and Hat Knife, they already have models and spawn with foraging.

1212. Add missing icons to bunny suits.

1213. Add unique icon for garter.

1214. Further lower weight of jewellery.

1215. Differentiate clothing weight more.

1216. Add more spawn locations for Leather Trousers and Skinny Leather Trousers

1217. Nerf the Long Denim Shorts a little (they offer the same protection as Denim Jeans or Jeans)

Edited by Faalagorn

1219. Allowing maggots to be used as a therapy for treating infected wounds.

1220. Mushrooms should  be able to grow in the compost bins.

1221. Lemon grass should be able to deter slugs for build 42 farming improvements.

1222. Maggots in compost bin should have a good role for breaking down organic material to help rotten food decompose more faster.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 4:10 AM, knightshousegames said:

There should be an option to automatically dump all the contents of a container onto the floor rather than loot it, in situations where you want to quickly deconstruct containers, like in schools with lockers and desks

Can't you already do this? When you're in the loot menu, just select all the stuff in the crate and drag it over to the floor icon below the crate icon on the right side of the loot menu. It dumps everything onto the floor. Like this: image.png.c3f3435efbbfe07cccb42ff4e7948ec1.png

EDIT: Or wait, I think you can also just select everything in the crate and then drag it off to the side without bothering to hover over the floor icon. I just shut my game down but I'm sure you can check yourself.

Edited by AlisterSinclair

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1224. "Temporary" campfires. rather than carrying around campfire supplies with you, there could be an option to make a small fire out of just sticks and twigs on the ground. unable to be moved and after it finishes burning the campfire could change into just ashes/charcoal (would be useful for the crafting update when said materials are eventually needed). obviously would create less heat and light, sort of an emergency fire for a freezing nomad/starving hunter away from home.  

• 1 month later...

1228.? (dont know the layout, this idea has just been bouncing around my head)
Fun Fact: In real life, Civil Defense Sirens go off on the first Wednesday of every month, at noon, to make sure they still work.
I think that it would fit as an ingame addition, while the power grid is still active, maybe as a Helicopter Event style Metagame Event?

Edited by RHS0
Formatting?

Alternatives to the standard belt with additional slots that provide a decent encumbrance reduction, but are limited to specific items and utility. Some examples might be:

A tool belt for carpentry, mechanic and metalworking tools (perhaps a nerf to equip times when using tools as weapons). Edit: I have just noticed this is in the workshop mod

Survival/Farmers belt for knives, small axes, trowls, seed bag and those new belt equipable canteens and firestarting equipment (mentioned in one of the recent thursdoids).

And perhaps a police belt with a slot for a baton, a gun and perhaps a slot for a magazine or two (Might want to make it belt and holster replacement)

Edited by El Barto
Shortened a little + Addendum

• 2 weeks later...

.agree! but i want to change the vanilla map. it's a bit odd that the character has a card from the start. that's why I propose the idea of "remembering places", the character will be able to remember places for himself and then can return to them after a while, it's like a map, only it will be affected by the new "memory" skill, which affects the amount of memorizing places

Edited by Kre4KerPZ

IRL, towards the final stages of Hypothermia, you can start to think you're overheating, causing people to take off clothes, and freezing to death faster. It's called Paradoxical Undressing. I know the devs want the survival mechanics as realistic as possible, and think that might be a neat addition! (Note, you aren't actually overheating, it's a mental trick. But it could fool people who don't know.)
The wording of "Tropical Storm" just, at least to me, doesn't seem to fit? And, in game, the weather for Tropical Storm, IIRC, is Fog, High Winds, and Severe Thunderstorm. Which also describes a Derecho really well. Yes, it's arguing Semantics, but I think it's worth noting.
If possible, I think that the Wall Clocks should be made functional? Battery and/or Building power. I just think it would be neat :)
I personally believe zombies should be able to attack and destroy ANY fence, I know there's a mod that does that, but tbh I just wish that mod was part of Base Game. It just would make more sense for the zombies, who can bash down playerbuilt fences, Wood and Metal, to be able to do the same to generated ones. Plus, that would mean more opportunities for taller fences, since it wouldn't be unbalanced, as zombies could still get through!

Edited by RHS0
Added new ideas, didn't wanna make new post

• 2 weeks later...

A small idea for when NPC's are done would be to allow the ability to create another character while your old one is still alive. Your old player would become an NPC and you can convince them to join you or you joining them. Allowing for the ability to create a community based on your old characters. As an NPC they'd still need to scavenge for supplies and what not and could run the risk of getting bitten or killed by the zombies if you don't get to them before hand or you could find them already infected. Could also allow switching between your old characters as well. Or maybe your old survivor doesn't like your new one and may be hostile on site.