Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

This might come more relevant by the time electricity will get revamped, since they are largely related to then-introduced system of TV and radio that will need polish down the line, but I'll post them here publicly anyway instead of keeping them iny my own list of things to note in PZ (there's more, but I'll start with the "simple" ones; they should give more variety to different TV sets we have)

1206. Turning volume off the TVs should still show captions (and give skill points) when you are facing it, unless it's Antique Television (closed captioning chip was only included in TVs after 1990s, so antique televisions should not be have closed captions to be read)

1207. Not sure if implemented or not for hearing range, but bad hearing should lower the range you can hear TVs. Deaf players should only see text when facing the TV.

1208. Antique TVs should not show captions for deaf players for the reason above

1209. Better TVs should give better skill gains (sharper/bigger/more colorful screen, so you get to know more; or rather antique/valuetech gains could be lowered since they are already big enough)

On 10/31/2020 at 3:09 PM, Faalagorn said:

1173. Hot sauces and hot pepper food that cause pain but can be eaten just like regular food or added to dishes.

Pain when eaten in too much quantity, but it adds negative unhappiness modifiers to dishes cooked caliente. Makes it a balancing act like adding poison berries to meals. Would also be cool to have a Spice Hound trait that makes you immune to the pain.

1212. Metal Barrels should have a few purposes, since they are pretty useful IRL. Here are 4 I thought of off the top of my head:

- Rainwater Collector made with Garbage Bags

- Homemade Grill made with Metalworking

- Heat Source and Safe Indoor Campfire for Urban Survival

- Charcoal Maker

Edited by TrailerParkThor
added a 4th

1214. Propane refueling station.

While less common, at least one of the gas stations on the map should be able to refuel propane as well. If balance is a worry then perhaps put it in a station in the middle of a high pop area. This would turn propane tanks into another type of fuel can. This makes sense in that propane tanks are good scrap materials for DIY tasks or at least provide some decent scrap metal.

1215. Self care mood modifiers.

Being able to stop and shave, to wash-up or getting a new haircut could provide an option to mitigate the effects of depression. It would only work when used sparingly of course, but cleaning oneself up is a known mood lifter. Conversely, leaving the PC in ripped, worn, dirty and bloody clothes for extended periods of time could inflict slow mood debuffs.

• 3 weeks later...

1217. Loot or craft to alternate locations

Being able to craft or loot items straight into a container or onto the ground would help with inventory and weight management. Especially when dealing with heavy products that will injure the character simply by being in inventory.

Edited by BentNose

1218. Wearing dirty bandages over prolonged time should cause illness - currently once would heals you can wear bandages indefinitely (you also can't clean them when worn).

Add this to a long list of issues with bandages, such as mentioned elsewhere lack of ability to wear them for RP/visuals without wounds, them having no weight so you carry extra free one and they don't contributing to temperature at all).

1219. What about rolling up your sleeves? I think that would look especially nice with some of the shirts. It also adds character to your characters but I don't think it would be too hard to implement and would be another thoughtful, small feature like the rest which give me my love for PZ.

Edited by ubehr
added number which seems consistent in posts

1224. A lot of people commented on tapping sound being annoyance; why not turn it into feature? If you use a tap and wait patiently for action to finish, tapping sound would cease – if not, i.e. you will cancel the action too soon, tapping sound would appear. It would also relate with amount of water left in tap after water was shut off.

Edited by Faalagorn

1225: A replace bandage option in the health menu, that combines the actions of remove bandage and selecting a new bandage
(I suppose it would default to the same type of bandage if you have one, or the best that you do have if you don't have the same kind)

Also adding on to this, perhaps let us wear bandages, even without injuries (for fashion purposes)?

Again I died while trying to open the door of my car. I think it's a little too difficult to perfectly position the character so that the green outline shows enabling you to open the car door. 

Ideally, we would leave car doors open, so retreating inside would be easier. But I think it might be much easier for the devs to simply increase the size of the area you need to be in before you can open the door. 

1128. Might be a little unrealistic, but since we can see amount of water left in sinks and fuel left in campfires as well as gas left in gas tanks and amount of stuff left in items (water, gas and all drainables), how about letting us know how much fuel is left in fuel distributors?

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread