Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

119. Make the campfire extinguish after being excessively trampled by zombies

120. Adjust food poisoning so that a single event is not fatal (missclicked and drank a sip of small animal meat soup before it was cooked, and lost health until gaining the well fed health boost. I then died in the space of 1 hour of sleep during which time I gained full health, and then died after the very well fed moodle disappeared)

121. Make it possible to preserve food without the use of sugar/ vinegar by heating it in a sealed container.

122. Introduce a weight limit for climbing sheet ropes (affected by strength/ fatigue)

123. Make two handed weapons like the axe equippable only in the primary hand and automatically wielded in two hands if the other hand is free.

124) There is no place to sleep or rest in shops like here -  until one cannot simply sleep on the floor maybe make counters sleepable? Or toilet thrones - use them as chairs? Or add chairs to the map? Or make a kinda matress using clothes?

121.1)  Drying is also fine: steak->beef jerky, fish, apple chips, bread ofc, grapes->reisins, etc.   This will also utilise thread, its pretty useless for now.

Edited by GOGOblin

125. Digging with a trowel should cause physical exertion, not sleep tiredness at a very high rate.

126. A way to combat 'Devil Water Fungi' other than removing that crop. I am fine with it being a difficult process since farming is already pretty easy. (BTW what actually causes the DWF? Is there a way to be proactive to reduce the chances of it occurring?)

127. Composting rotten food - surprised no one brought this one up yet :)

128. Burn unwanted items/trash into ash.

129. Burn zombie corpses by putting them in the inventory of a camp fire.

• Right now we have to carefully stack them on top of the camp fire, which can be difficult to drop them in the right place.
  • We can burn them with precious gasoline, but it never seems to completely burn the pile and we often have to repeat the process using a lot of a precious resource.
  • Maybe we could build burning pyres or something if putting them in a camp fire isn't realistic enough for some.

15 hours ago, Renonymous said:

'Sup all, I've been playing Zomboid since the days of NPCs and 2D sprites, and I hope you're all enjoying the changes and progress as much as I've been since then. I only have two suggestions that I can think of, and both would be fairly easy to implement, I'd think.

1. The chest pictured below is able to be picked up, but its name is "SMall chest" which is a small little error I figured I'd mention. Not even sure if it even belonged here, but it's my favorite chest and I'd love to see it fixed :3

http://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.42697959066696817,0.1642391713897111,4089.343991943971

2. Please, for the love of God, implement the ability to change from a 24 hour clock to a 12 hour clock, I suck ass at reading 24 hour clocks so 90% of the time I have no idea what actual time it is without looking outside my beautiful safe house.

Regards and godspeed.

You can already do number 2, just go into the options, and somewhere (Don't remember where right off) you can switch between 12 hour and 24 hours.

4 hours ago, GOGOblin said:

One doesn't siply burn a body in a campfire.

Google pictures of funereal "campfires" in India - they are huge and not really effective.

Thousands of years of history seems to differ with your opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyre

http://www.us-funerals.com/funeral-articles/outdoor-cremations.html#.V8gTzXurNE4

https://www.theguardian.com/g2/story/0,,1820024,00.html

Right now the game allows us to burn bodies with a campfire and I suggested a larger pyre. I just want to put the bodies in the inventory for simplicity instead of having to place them on top which can be difficult to place the corpse exactly where you want it.

3 minutes ago, CaptKaspar said:

and I suggested a larger pyre.

Very, very large. Once again: google India pictures, the remains are still there after a "barbecue". The modern crematoriums use natural gas and special ovens, otherwise it would be shittons of wood.

I've found this, it says 25 m3 of natural gas per body, approx 35 MJ per meter, so 875 MJ per one body that gives aaprox 50 kg of wood (15 MJ/kg). And this is in a special oven, not just bodies lying above a heap of logs while heat is "gone with the wind".  PZ is just a game, but both intuitive approach and kinda scientific one say: you'll need A LOT of wood.

1 minute ago, GOGOblin said:

Very, very large. Once again: google India pictures, the remains are still there after a "barbecue". The modern crematoriums use natural gas and special ovens, otherwise it would be shittons of wood.

PZ is just a game, but both intuitive approach and kinda scientific one say: you'll need A LOT of wood.

Ok, I'm fine with that. Its the one resource that I have an endless supply of :)

23 minutes ago, GOGOblin said:

Unlimited axes? where?

Well, you may forage for stone axes.. But it really requires determination.. and time..

Axes are a renewable resource thanks to foraging (and loot drops from zombies) :)

At some point it will be a bad idea in PZ to leave decomposing corpses laying around. I have read this is the intent of the devs at some point.

For thousands of years humanity has been dealing with our corpses in three ways: burying, burning, setting adrift in the ocean or floating them downstream for the next community to deal with.

In PZ we can only burn them. Being able to bury them or send them down the river aren't options without major changes to the game.

I'm just suggesting an easier way to do this in game that falls more in line with the current mechanics of the game. Maybe have it as a context menu option to 'burn corpse' when clicking on a campfire, but will remain red until there is enough fuel in the fire? This would be similar to how burning them with gasoline works (or sometimes works :) )  

Try to imagine you are a new player again; If you wanted to get rid of a corpse what would you try to do?

I don't care what method ends up in game, they are all going to take a lot of determination and time. Burying them should take a ton of time and determination to manually dig the graves. Manually moving them one by one to the river in WP to send them adrift would be even more time consuming.

1 minute ago, CaptKaspar said:

I don't care what method ends up in game, they are all going to take a lot of determination and time. Burying them should take a ton of time and determination to manually dig the graves. Manually moving them one by one to the river in WP to send them adrift would be even more time consuming.

Well, you are right but anyway.. one doesn't simply bury 30 corpses per day.  I think rotting food and Z's corpses should not be left close to your home because smell and deseases - if this ever be implemented, I do not really care - but burying every Z's who ever visited your base is a bit too much work.

131:

Highlighting the zeds which are hidden behind a wall, but seen by the character.

The game's all about "being the character", so we should be able to see what the character sees despite the isometric view. For now, if a zed is hidden behind a wall but in the character's FOV, the player can't see the zed until it's really close and gets into the "wall fadeout area". Highlighting them "L4D style" would be great!

50 minutes ago, Teesee said:

131:

Highlighting the zeds which are hidden behind a wall, but seen by the character.

The game's all about "being the character", so we should be able to see what the character sees despite the isometric view. For now, if a zed is hidden behind a wall but in the character's FOV, the player can't see the zed until it's really close and gets into the "wall fadeout area". Highlighting them "L4D style" would be great!

This would go a long way to solving the apparent stairway problem. Please TIS, give us stairs in four directions!  :cry:

It's the only thing keeping me and my OCPD back from making buildings and towns.

11 minutes ago, Okamikurainya said:

This would go a long way to solving the apparent stairway problem. Please TIS, give us stairs in four directions!  :cry:

It's the only thing keeping me and my OCPD back from making buildings and towns.

It's a confirmed "no" due to the perspective.

5 hours ago, Teesee said:

131:

131.1  And make transparent walls HALF-transparent, or leave some lines instdead of half-tranparent walls (like windows). It is sometimes anoying: cant go down don't know why - oh the fence!  Or cant see my wooden fence on my not finished skybridge, or cant aim wall frames to upgrade them.

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread
  • nasKo pinned this topic