Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

47 minutes ago, blindcoder said:

Have you checked the trashcans and kitchens? I usually find between 5-10 there within the first week

On NORMAL settings there are pretty many of them (It seems this was changed some time ago, they became less rare).  I will try to test this more; I checked both kitchens and trashcans, maybe it was bad luck.. But I've found a lot of other stuff: shotguns, bats, tools, 3 s.hammers, food, everything but garbage bags.

Edit: my wrong, NORMAl - I mean default survival setting, it is RARE in game afair

Edit2:  Made a testing run from here to here(checked all walled houses), 35-40 houses and all trashcans on my way: only 2 garbage bags. Lots of vinnegar, hammers, wine and other stuff in kitchens, planks and pens in trashcans. "Extremely rare" loot + "lucky" trait.  

Edited by GOGOblin

11 minutes ago, blindcoder said:

Yes, Survival is Rare.

yes yes, sorry,     my settings were extremely rare, I mean more rare than defaults

I've edited above, my character was unlucky (but had lucky trait : ) ), during a testing run I gathered 2 bags from about 40 houses, I still think this is very insufficient. Carpentry=4 (no nails to rise skill except dismantling - haha, I love it! ), rare bags an Zs just come and eat your watercollector - its too cruel :-D

Edited by GOGOblin

13 minutes ago, blindcoder said:

Well, on extremely rare, that's to be expected.  Also, place the collectors higher up, it has some advantages in addition to zombie-proofing them a bit.

I use balconies myself, thanks )     

I still think that this setting together with carp=4 actually turns off the ability to build w-collectors and this is sad. I hope some enlightment will happen to RJ or whoever cares and there will be other ways to get water in Muldraugh.

I don't know what you mean by "enlightenment", really. It's always a trade-off between fun and realism, and while I concur that you could easily drop pots and buckets out in the rain IRL, both the actual rain collected would be very little (even the longer showers here barely see more than a few liters per square meter, and most pots have a base much smaller than that) and implementing it would be very ressource intensive. I've tried realising this in a mod and it took a ton of computing and moddata storage for a very small change in gameplay, so I dropped it.

So, if  you have another idea instead of "drop pots on the ground", feel free to PM me and we can discuss it!

2 hours ago, blindcoder said:

Have you checked the trashcans and kitchens? I usually find between 5-10 there within the first week of gametime, giving me more than enough storage for rainwater.
 Filling up bottles, pots, kettles, etc. with that water then gives me more than enough water to last weeks.

Even better to hit the commercial / school districts. Most buildings have a multitude of trash cans. Though one can't discount the trashcans available outdoors, as well.

167. Increase chance for plants disease.

168. Add "take care"(or ask Will how to name it) action for farmer. you can use it on any plant. its takes some time and depending on your farming skill it can:

-decrease chance for plant diesease.

-you harvest more vegs from plant

-the vegs are bigger (more hunger reduction)

1 hour ago, Zorak said:

167. Increase chance for plants disease.

168. Add "take care"(or ask Will how to name it) action for farmer. you can use it on any plant. its takes some time and depending on your farming skill it can:

-decrease chance for plant diesease.

-you harvest more vegs from plant

-the vegs are bigger (more hunger reduction)

I don't like the increased desease bit but it would be cool to prune and weed your plants for a better

harvest.

13 minutes ago, Trojan_Turps said:

I don't like the increased desease bit but it would be cool to prune and weed your plants for a better

harvest.

Its to make farmer occupation better. Right now only farmer (excluding mags) can make cure for plants, but dieseases are so rare that we dont care anyway.

Picking farmer dont give you any real buff in farming.

2 minutes ago, Zorak said:

Its to make farmer occupation better. Right now only farmer (excluding mags) can make cure for plants, but dieseases are so rare that we dont care anyway.

Picking farmer dont give you any real buff in farming.

Maybe if the standard harvest amount was lower and

farms/gardeners had the skill of 'prune/weed' (or whatever you want to call it?) then they would get a good production boost. 

15 hours ago, blindcoder said:

I don't know what you mean by "enlightenment", really. It's always a trade-off between fun and realism, and while I concur that you could easily drop pots and buckets out in the rain IRL, both the actual rain collected would be very little (even the longer showers here barely see more than a few liters per square meter, and most pots have a base much smaller than that) and implementing it would be very ressource intensive. I've tried realising this in a mod and it took a ton of computing and moddata storage for a very small change in gameplay, so I dropped it.

So, if  you have another idea instead of "drop pots on the ground", feel free to PM me and we can discuss it!

what about utilizing the metal barrels found in the warehouses? if you have a blowtorch, mask etc and some trash bags in your inventory you could create a rain barrel out of that. I realize that might sound too easy/unbalanced or whatever so instead of basing it off of skill level maybe it could be a recipe you have to get from a magazine?

Or allow us to get water from tarps. a few sturdy sticks supporting a tarp would provide adequate surface area for water collection. it could function like the campfire i.e it has a container capacity, you put buckets or pots in it and they fill up as it rains. I'd like it if you could only fill one bucket or pot at a time. it would be too easy otherwise

Edited by morninam

169. add another cooking magazine recipe that lets you dehydrate or cure certain foods, tomatoes would be a great example, and meat obviously. I know theres a mod for curing meat, which i use, but it would be a good thing to have in the vanilla version. And it should be the case that it has to be learned either through a magazine, or by reaching a certain skill level.

Just a general request - but I'm going through this thread several times a week to harvest suggestions, and it gets a bit tricky when there's a bunch of discussion and back and forth in here. As there is above.

If we could keep it to numbered suggestions, and discussions in separate threads, it'd be a lot more helpful, if at all possible. It's getting a bit unwieldy currently. Thank you!  x

173. Add an option to scroll through context menu (You know, right-click thingie) with arrow keys and Enter to select them.

174. Rename low brown wooden fences from "Scrapable object" (In dismantling menu) to something like "low brown wooden fences"

175. Maybe, somehow turn off dissapearing of "low brown wooden fences" and other low fences? (See pic)

If this picture is too big or not allowed in this thread, I can move it somewhere else.

FwWsDRp.jpg

Edited by Keshash
Reason for edit: Not enough of low brown wooden fences

177. skill magazines where you'd expect them. it seems strange that every other house has the farming magazine but you can loot 1/2 of the map and not find a single herbalist. on the other hand just split what you learn from the herbalist into multiple magazines and make them more common 

178. toothbrush + toothpaste = Happiness. 

179. towel + bar of soap = happiness

Spoiler

then we could actually use these items

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread
  • nasKo pinned this topic