Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

On 4/6/2018 at 12:05 PM, DramaSetter said:

It's a cruel world, where corpses can reanimate.. Why not swearing? 

Because they are working on a profanity filter. It is easier to become aware of the profanities as they are added so they can be filtered with a special option. If you make a game and then go back and try to remove profanities it makes it much more difficult. Also as to the reanimated corpses it is not an issue because you can't reanimate corpses but you can type/speak profanity. Also even though it is a cruel world the game can still teach teamwork among other survivors.

10 hours ago, Zomboid said:

Because they are working on a profanity filter. It is easier to become aware of the profanities as they are added so they can be filtered with a special option. If you make a game and then go back and try to remove profanities it makes it much more difficult. Also as to the reanimated corpses it is not an issue because you can't reanimate corpses but you can type/speak profanity. Also even though it is a cruel world the game can still teach teamwork among other survivors.

I didn't notice any prof.filter ingame. Only saw files, where most of the swearing writted. Is it works in MP?

722. The ability to lock windows. I don’t know if this will be a thing or not but I believe this would be a great thing to add for multiplayer/ Npcs, as it stands now if you don’t have the supplies to board up windows your basically screwed if someone were to walk up and just pull the window up and hop in. When you lock the windows it will just make the perma lock sound and you won’t be able to open it without a crowbar or some other object you can pry it open with.

23 hours ago, trombonaught said:

I know it's been said before, but foraging. Please. Make it cause fatigue, not tiredness.

If all other forms of exertion cause fatigue (running, fighting, tree chopping) there is no reason for foraging to be different.

Thank you!

Looking at the code, it already does cause fatigue and not tiredness, so not sure what you mean.

On 4/16/2018 at 8:32 AM, Connall said:

Looking at the code, it already does cause fatigue and not tiredness, so not sure what you mean.

That's really interesting. In practice, I've never gained a fatigue moodle during foraging. I consistently gain a tiredness moodle after (I believe) 2 bars of foraging. Please give it a try yourself, I don't believe I'm the only one experiencing this!

Edit: 4 runs of foraging makes my character tired, even after a long sleep.

Edited by trombonaught

9 hours ago, trombonaught said:

That's really interesting. In practice, I've never gained a fatigue moodle during foraging. I consistently gain a tiredness moodle after (I believe) 2 bars of foraging. Please give it a try yourself, I don't believe I'm the only one experiencing this!

Ive never expierienced fatigue during foraging, since it's release.

Edited by DramaSetter

13 hours ago, DramaSetter said:

Ive never expierienced fatigue during foraging, since it's release.

You just have to do it enough. Fatigue increases much faster (the perform() function) than endurance (the scavenge() function) in the scavenging action.

3 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

You just have to do it enough. Fatigue increases much faster (the perform() function) than endurance (the scavenge() function) in the scavenging action.

So is there anything to account for the phenomenon of gaining the tiredness moodle while foraging? Is it the desired state of the game that foraging yields the tiredness moodle before reaching a fatigued state?

1. Ability to have a bind option for "go to" wherever the cursor is placed od the screen. It gets tiresome to right-cliok (which doesn't work 75% of the time in this game in wilderness) and then clicking "go to").

Simply placing a cursor and pushing a specified button would be much better and user friendly. Using "go to" is just a faster option for walking when speeding up time.

2. Now that barricading and cooking (never tried this one) is smart enough to take some of your stuff from backpacks and surroundings, can we have the same for disassembling furniture and other things?

It's quite silly that I have i.e. a saw on me and a hammer in my bag and my character just stands there like an idiot next to a bed I want to disassemble, not knowing what to do. No, I need to show him the hammer and put it in his main inventory.

3. ALL of the speeding up time options should end and return to normal time flow at the very moment current action gets finished (i.e. reading a book, chopping down a tree etc).

Edited by Geras

Ability to change wallpapers. For that, you need new item - wallpaper, might be any kind of it ( depending on existing ingame wall ) and glue. 

Click on wall - change wallpaper -??? - profit. Consumes 1 unit of wallpaper, and few units of glue. 

1. There should be a "Kentucky Road Directory" mega-map item with all the buildings, farms, sheds, roads, and dirt roads shown on it from all the named cities and countrysides that have no names.

2. There should be a sound recorded for zombies jumping through windows and small fences. It's completely silent now.

Edited by Geras

2 hours ago, DramaSetter said:

All melee weapons should have option to "2 hand grip".

Or maybe like... "more" melee weapons should have 2 hand grip. Knives, not sure that's practical. 

But things like crowbar and frying pan visually use 2 hands when aiming- these should definitely have a 2 hand option. And hopefully animations can reflect the single-handed reality when aiming.

//Health System 
//===================

734. I wrote a post about to do some changes in the health system, because at least for me it's totally ridiculous the possibility of dying for a scratch, as it happened to me in my last game (even healing the ******* scratch). 

Minor injuries should annoy and prevent you to run, take objects, etc, like when you have a wound in your hands. I think thats great. But defenitely, not to kill you. It's nonsense! Even if you have a terrible scratch, bleeding during a while, it shouldn't kill you at all!. It could make you feel so weak, in pain, etc.  if human beings could die for a minor scratch in the reality, we shouldn't be here since several million of years.

Unless you have a penetrating wound due some kind of accident or strong bite, any minor wound shoudn't threat your life!

I propose to implement different types of wounds and reduce the damage from the minor ones.

A) Non-penetrating wounds: The result of blunt trauma or friction, scraping of the outer skin layer, like:

• Abrasions
  • Scratches or lacerations from zombies, remember, their nails are not swords.
  • Contusions (swollen bruises due to accumulation of blood and dead cells under skin)
  • Concussions (damage to the underlying organs and tissue on head with no significant external wound)

B) Penetrating wounds: The result from trauma that breaks through the full thickness of skin; reaching down to the underlying tissue and organs. (That kind of wounds could kill you)

• Stab wounds (trauma from really sharp objects, fall over an iron bar, etc).
  • Severe and deep skin cuts (maybe a bite from a zombie) -> If you have many of them, you could die.
  • Surgical wounds (intentional from other players or for a bad perform surgical procedures)
  • Gunshot wounds on limbs.

C) Deadly injuries:

• Several contusions from a zombie horde (Could break your limbs)
  • Falling deaths (more than 1 floor).
  • Serious infections (Caused by not treating a wound for several days)
  • Food poisoning.
  • Many open wounds (due the loss of blood).
  • Gunshot wounds in important organs or head.

D) Other kind of injuries:

• Thermal wounds: Extreme temperatures, taking hot objects from a cooker or a fire, operating generators etc.
  • Chemical wounds: These result from contact with or inhalation of chemical materials from cars or industrial buildings.
  • Bites from animals: Should cause infections.
  • Electrical wounds: Maybe for manipulating electronic devices.

That's all. I hope it could help to improve the game, or at leats give you new ideas.

Edited by Elorh

735. Highlight light switches. Maybe need to suspend disbelief here a little bit, but sometimes light switches in this game can be really hard to find in the light, let alone at night in the dark.

As long as the power is on they could be 'highlighted'? Like light switches where the actual switch is lit up. Maybe glow in the dark?

The idea here is to make it a bit easier for gameplay reasons to find the light switch in the dark. I know for real that in a dark unfamiliar house the light switches could be hard to find. But in this game where often the wall is obscured/hidden it can be really difficult to click in the exactly the right spot even if you know the light switch is there.

info-locator-switches-lit-up.jpg

4fedac047bae9ca3e479e7892448cdf1.jpg

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread