Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

319. Mooving big stuff like chair\tables\armchairs\BBQ in to hands like generator

320. For very large\heavy stuff - use cart:

Nope_speech_bubble_zps32b7790.png

321. Durability for bags - in PZ almost everyday bags are full of loot, so in a bag the hole can appear, and loot will drop out, but we able to repair it with a needle and a thread.
322. Durability for clothes.

323. Weaver/ tailor profession - they will able to craft/repair (better then other) bags/clothes.

Edited by Unghin

324.  Move 2+ tiled objects like you do for rugs. This would allow us to move couches, beds, tables, armoires, etc. Rugs are multi-tiled objects that we hack up into 1 tile pieces and pile them up in our inventory and reassembled elsewhere. Obviously, this isn't how you would move a rug/carpet in real life. So, for the sake of game-play and not realism; let us break couches, tables, beds, etc into single tile items and move them to be rebuilt elsewhere as well.

- Or remove the ability to move rugs to be fair :-P

24 minutes ago, CaptKaspar said:

This would allow us to move couches, beds, tables, armoires, etc.

In my opinion this stuff is too heavy for moving. At least you unable to move bed and couch through door hole without disassembling, but may be we can disassembling (not only into planks and nails) and assembling later some furniture. 

325. Opportunity to put a mattress on floor (like we can find in some houses) and sleep on.

326. Opportunity to move this type of bed. (may be with assembling like tent kit)

Edited by Unghin

327. Someway of highlighting which books we already have in our safehouse. I have no idea how this could be done (perhaps you could use  a function similar to the yellow star when you favourite items, and this would show up on all of the same books in any location on the map), but I usually have to take a picture on my phone to remember which books I have and scan through it so I don't waste inventory space carrying back ones I already have.

2 hours ago, Ocelot said:

327. Someway of highlighting which books we already have in our safehouse. I have no idea how this could be done (perhaps you could use  a function similar to the yellow star when you favourite items, and this would show up on all of the same books in any location on the map), but I usually have to take a picture on my phone to remember which books I have and scan through it so I don't waste inventory space carrying back ones I already have.

I write it down on an in game notebook. This way other players can reference what's needed when playing MP. 

2 hours ago, Ocelot said:

Someway of highlighting which books we already have in our safehouse. I have no idea how this could be done (perhaps you could use  a function similar to the yellow star when you favourite items, and this would show up on all of the same books in any location on the map), but I usually have to take a picture on my phone to remember which books I have and scan through it so I don't waste inventory space carrying back ones I already have.

If you read 1 page per book in your house, when you find the book again, i believe it will say you read 1/200 pages (or however long it is). 

5 hours ago, Ocelot said:

I can't agree - because zomboid deals with realism, so you should use your brain :)

2 hours ago, Chris0135 said:

If you read 1 page per book in your house, when you find the book again, i believe it will say you read 1/200 pages (or however long it is). 

And what about high level books? We able to read 1 page in every level? :huh:

33 minutes ago, Unghin said:

I can't agree - because zomboid deals with realism, so you should use your brain :)

And what about high level books? We able to read 1 page in every level? :huh:

This would be more of a Quality Of Life thing i think, more like having a (Read) besides the name of a book you already read before, so you can quickly look at what books you havent read before and need to take back, a bit pointless but is a QoL thing.

329. Make the slopes/hills at the rail yard work like stairs.

Seen here: https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.459148668857033,0.19965390024942611,117.0763219469284

I actually tried to build stars in their place but the last set/level of them wouldn't build because it was being blocked by something at the top. Would be cool to have a nice grassy hill top base though :)

330. Make it so that players/characters can walk between player built stairs that are right next to each other.

Noticed when building the stairs mentioned above that you can't move to the other set right next to you and are forced to go strait up or down until you reach the top or bottom.

2 hours ago, Blasted_Taco said:

This would be more of a Quality Of Life thing i think, more like having a (Read) besides the name of a book you already read before, so you can quickly look at what books you havent read before and need to take back, a bit pointless but is a QoL thing.

You can look at your skills and see if you have read that level by seeing if you have the multiplier or not.

Problem is when you don't know of future books you might need. ex I am currently level 4 carpentry, do I need this Master Carpentry or do I have a copy at home?

331. Make it so if an existing floor is blocking the top floor part of the stairs that a player is trying to build (the top wooden floor tile) it will still place/build.

This is what was stopping my hill recreation mentioned in my last post, the floor part of the stairs was blocked by the existing roof/floor. Since that's simply a safety feature (the floor at the top, that is) if a floor is there you should be able to build stairs still and leave the existing floor.

332. [MP] If you kill someone by accident, you can right click on them to revive them.

333. Add different types of jackets/pants. eg cargo pants, military fatigues. Increases storage amount. 

334. Add lockpicks that can be used to lock/unlock doors.

335. Add some random map elements like a helo crash site with supplies.

336. As health fades towards from injuries.. wash out the screen color to simulate blood loss to give a better indicator of potential death.

337. Allow the walkie talkie to be active whilst in the inventory so that hands are free.

Edited by Hicks

Last time I built stairs (it has been awhile) I could only build facing 2 directions could we get the other 2 directions added?

Left/ Up right directions were all there was I think.

But what about Right facing and down left facing stairs...

Also an ITEMS DEGRADE feature for servers and singleplayer to turn on for items left on the GROUND.

An a list where they can set the time of specific items if desirable to degrade faster or slower or not at all.

This is reallllly a needed feature! The poor mp servers where we all just toss our crap on the ground!

Oh tree sapling planting too! Maybe I want an area to have nicely set trees to make it look pretty!

Edited by wsensor
Typed something up wrong...

338. Lock the ability to start a fire with a notched plank and sturdy stick behind professions and traits like Park Ranger and Hiker.

339. Allow a wooden spear to be used in place of a sturdy stick to start a fire in combination with a notched plank.

340. Add the need for for some kind of kindling when starting a fire with a notched plank and stick/spear (twigs, newspaper, ripped sheets, etc).

-

338 is something I've thought needed to be done for a while but while watching an old episode of The Amazing Race today where teams had to start a fire or make a trap, I quickly remembered why, as none of the teams could start the fire using this method (as was required) and all ended up switching to the trap challenge. It's an extremely hard skill to master in real life and I personally think that for that reason it should be locked behind traits and professions (maybe add a recipe magazine as well to help balance things but that could be debatable, as many people in real life know how to do this without being able to actually do it still).

339 would allow this method of starting a fire to truly be a "live off the land" skill (as it should be in my opinion). Right now you can make a notched plank with a log and a knife or chipped stone, so I think it would make sense if the wooden spear (made from a branch and knife/chipped stone) could be it's counterpart as well. Ultimately eliminating the need to find a saw (like what's been done to the notched plank recipe, being able to use a log now).

340 is something that I thought was already in/required (at least at one point in time) but upon looking into the exact recipes today I realized it isn't and it really should be, as this method would certainly not work without some kindling.

Edited by Kuren

The ability on MP servers to restrict the ability to build certain items to certain professions. You could also expand it for medical skills too. Like you could splint a broken leg, but without a doc doing it, it would never heal correctly.  So you would have a max sprint of 2 or 3. Something like that.  It would force players to team up and protect valuable players.

On 9/4/2016 at 4:52 AM, Kuren said:

I hate to say it but I sleep on the floor almost every night. I don't wake up poorly rested or in pain. (I also don't even use a pillow, just a rolled up winter jacket as one [yes I know, I'm poor]).

Edit: I should note that this is on a carpeted floor. I would and have honestly felt awful after sleeping on tile or hardwood lol

This.

I sleep on the floor all the time, I'd say sleeping on floor should be a thing, with carpeted floors being pretty much as good as a bed, and others not being as good.

345. Customizable action bars - something like Blindcoders mod or things like MMOs have.

The hotkeys (1,2,3) we have are too simple.

Let us set primary and secondary hand manualy and then save that under 1,2,3 buttons.

Perhapse I want to set up baseball bat not an axe under 1 and hunting rifle not pistol under 2. Or make settings like pipebomb + lighter on 3 or knife and flashlight on 4.

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread