Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

1130. I have tossed this in other places, but I'm going to put it here.

Tackling Zombies. Runners who are too uncoordinated to actually stop. If the player dodges the Zombie, it trips as it tries to stop. If the player doesn't dodge the Zombie, they and the Zombie are both knocked to the ground.

Perhaps this would be a very rare zombie type, perhaps it would be an adjustable sandbox option. It would certainly put a new fear of zombies into veteran players if they knew a runner could take them out like this. New players are already scared of runners.

Farming is dull and currently more resembles how I take care of my house plants.

Revamp with existing mechanics for more depth

1131. Farm tiles should create farm cells, such as forest and water cells and will have natures abundance. It is the players objective to forage the farm cell of pests keeping natural abundance less than a threshold to avoid existing diseases. This removes random chance and provides resource opportunities potentially not otherwise presented to the player.

• 3 weeks later...

Posted this on my thread but worth the shot, i guess:

1) I assume there will be a party system, correct me if i'm wrong. If not this is a suggestion.

2) Afaik, professions have some unique traits that benefit the player, i suggest for multiplayer mode a revamp of professions in a collective sense, providing passive buffs for the group, for example:

2.1) A Doctor would have the unique trait of providing the hability for players around him, in his group, to identify how long will it take to heal wounds, showing a timer in the health menu. Also, maybe, he could indentify if a infection is a zombification or not. 

2.2) A Police officer would have the passive hability of lowering the panic rate of people around him

2.3) A fitness instructor would raise the xp gained of fitness training of people around him. Making strength and fitness gains when working out faster.

2.4)  A veteran would buff by a set percentage the speed everyone improves with ranged weapons

2.5)  Making nurses threat wounds of everyone, better, and with a faster healing rate. (I work as a heathcare provider and making nurses threat wounds better than doctors is a realistic thing to do, doctors identify and prescribe, nurses changing bandages is everyday life.)

Just a few examples

Extra: please make us able to sit on couches and chairs, would love to roleplay with the boys. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 3:28 AM, CaptKaspar said:

1136. Use broken spears for fuel in fires. 

Allow us to throw broken spears into a fire as a source of fuel. They are crafted from planks and tree branches which can be used as fuel. Why wouldn't a spear be able to be used as fuel?

I'd love that as well, would make less clutter as the only way to get rid of them is deleting through bin. Same applies to broken Stone Axes which I use a lot and similar tools (Stone Hammer, Stone Knife but also broken Planks, Pool cues, Spiked Planks and Baseball bats, though these at least can be repaired).

1137. The boarded up survivor homes should have extra loot in every container in the house, not just the kitchen counters.

I always found it very strange to have just the kitchen stocked up, but rest of the house was like i.e. a book, a comb, and a t-shirt.

1143. More foraging zones.

I find it strange we can't forage i.e. on farmland, or in green areas in towns. I'd be cool if foraging in these places was possible for stones, branches, earth worms, insects, etc.

1144. This one isn't probably a small suggestion, but the fitness system should be reworked. Every exercise, however small, should be beneficial for the player, increasing the damage/carry weight and endurance pool by tiny increments. This way we'd know that however small our workouts are, we get some bonus out of it.

As it is now, there's no point in using the fitness system if you have 6 or more points in strength or endurance - gaining the 7th point would take ingame months to get afaik by mostly exercising and doing little else.

1145. Removing grass should give us grass to use as kindling or to use in composter.

1146. Painting picket fences using different paints and colours.

image.png.6696f4d38374f08c6ea117f826677437.png

1147. Cigarettes should spawn in random amounts from 1 to 20 in a pack, not always 20 in a pack.

1148. Traps with bait should have bait visible in the world to know at a glance which traps have bait, and which don't.

Edited by Geras

• 3 months later...
On 3/8/2021 at 12:59 AM, BentNose said:

1130. I have tossed this in other places, but I'm going to put it here.

Tackling Zombies. Runners who are too uncoordinated to actually stop. If the player dodges the Zombie, it trips as it tries to stop. If the player doesn't dodge the Zombie, they and the Zombie are both knocked to the ground.

Perhaps this would be a very rare zombie type, perhaps it would be an adjustable sandbox option. It would certainly put a new fear of zombies into veteran players if they knew a runner could take them out like this. New players are already scared of runners.

I like the idea of having to grapple with a zombie on the ground. Are you strong enough and not tired enough to push them off? Do you have a weapon easily accessible (on your belt or in your hand) that could be used to kill the zombie? A baseball bat or axe isn't going to be of much use in this situation unless they can be used as a bar to keep the zombie off of you. 

• 2 weeks later...

1152. Fire should be harder to start in the rain. Or maybe items would get wet in the rain and you can only start a fire with dry items. Burn time of a fire could decrease in the firepit is in the rain. 

1153. Zombie corpses should be an obstacle. An exhausted player would have a chance of tripping over them. Zombies should occasionally trip over the corpses. Right now cars recognize corpses as a object/harzard. You get a thump and some car damage when you drive over them. But corpses are not an obstacle for players/zombies on foot. 

1154. When dropping stacks of items they arrange themselves in a circular pattern. It leaves an odd visual display on the ground IMO. Maybe stagger, but don't rotate dropped item stacks.

1155. Hot wiring vehicles only when the battery in the vehicle has enough energy. You are able to hot wire any vehicle with a 2 Mechanics & 1 Electronics. However, in a *realistic* world, the battery would need enough juice to have two wires spark together in order for the vehicle to work. (right now you can hotwire any vehicle even when the battery is dead.) 

• 1 month later...
  • Sheet rope should be used similar to regular rope, I wasn't able to build log bundles with sheet rope.
  • Sinks, tubs, and potentially toilets, should be used as large water containers, something very common in survival situations.
  • Breaking bottles should create glass shards under you.
  • All pieces of clothing should have some sort of protection, everyone should be deterred from going shirtless and so on.
  • Death penalty customization.
  • Search servers by mod names.
Edited by Trenix
added two more

• 2 weeks later...
  • nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread