Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

Suggestions

1. Be able to climb ladders.

2. Introduce the ability to lockipick doors or windows with maybe paper clips or screwdrivers and also have it as a skill.

3. Visible animations when picking up dead bodies with the dead model being visible on your characters shoulder.

4. Read the time on wall clocks or other furniture.

1179. Making poultices should give small amount of first aid XP.

1180. There should be animation for producing poultices.

1181. This might be controversial, but I think mortar and pestle should not be craftable, there's currently no reward for finding one since you can craft it so easily.

Edited by Faalagorn

On 11/7/2020 at 1:35 AM, Tails said:

1183. Stones should be required to make a campfire circle.

So in the middle of the city i'am not able to make a campfire because stones must be required to build up a simple pile of woods ?
BS

Better to make 2 types of fireplaces -

safe one with stones and planks required (does not cause house fire),

unsafe one with treebranches required  (dungerous indoor)

Edited by Caturday

Just now, Caturday said:

So in the middle of the city i'am not able to make a campfire because stones must be required to build up a simple pile of woods ?
BS

If you're in the middle of the city, you have stoves + electricity or fuel for generator or alternatively one of BBQ + wood or charcoal. Plus with how common foraging zones are and how small the cities currently are it shouldn't be too hard to find some stones.

Though for those occasions I'd love this as alternative:

1185. Dumpster fire.

47 minutes ago, Faalagorn said:

If you're in the middle of the city, you have stoves + electricity or fuel for generator or alternatively one of BBQ + wood or charcoal. Plus with how common foraging zones are and how small the cities currently are it shouldn't be too hard to find some stones.

I'am talking about heat source, not cooking toolkit. Not everyone starts during the summer wrapped with goods.

This game tends to be realistic, do you really need STONES to build a campfire irl ? I have no clue why these absurd suggestions even come.
"No you are not able to cut few planks of the wardrobe and burn them, u need STONES to set a fire".  smh

1 hour ago, Caturday said:

I'am talking about heat source, not cooking toolkit. Not everyone starts during the summer wrapped with goods.

This game tends to be realistic, do you really need STONES to build a campfire irl ? I have no clue why these absurd suggestions even come.
"No you are not able to cut few planks of the wardrobe and burn them, u need STONES to set a fire".  smh

I think it stemmed from the suggestion that the campfire we have in-game is surrounded by stones, which makes sense. They could add a simpler way to start a fire, without any protection, but then the fire spreading risk should be higher IMO.

Either way, the next build or so after 41 is probably going to add Yuri's fire, so we'll see, maybe both issues will get addressed :)

On 10/26/2020 at 9:47 PM, Faalagorn said:

1167. Ability to place sheets outside the window.

Since you can barricade both sides too, you should be able to place sheet to outside as well, as long as you have access to the window from outside – it also shouldn't be possible to uncover outside sheets from inside (which may be reason why you want them there in the first place, to prevent accidental uncover and being seen by zombies)

Make these come off in rain / snow  storms

On 4/24/2020 at 6:18 PM, trombonaught said:

1098. Make reading great

Reading in MP is not the most engrossing experience. More often than not, it involves asking other players to protect you while you go afk to make dinner in real life.

What if we had a little mini-game for nominal reading speed boosts, to keep players "in" the game? Could be as simple (visually) as one of those timed button presses- a little reticle could bounce left to right in the reading progress bar, with little targets appearing occasionally- hit lmb at the right moment, and maybe you can skip a page.

Not a fan of mini games in this game generally, but then again I'm not a fan of an absence of gameplay either 🤔

I think reading in general could use some love, that said I would rather see a deeper selection into what we need to read.

Magazines are short but give us recepies.

Books could have indexes that we look through to decide what benefits we want from them. Make the multiplyer something that is in the background rather than something we read the books for..

My problem is how reading a book is kind of all or nothing at this point from what I can tell.

Either I read the whole thing for the three times multiplier or I feel like I messed up.

Again my solution would be for TIS to create more in depth chapters that give recepies, and have the boost be something more concrete, relating to the crafting of that item lets say.

Even if they added a "general" section that gives us that multiplier, It should be much shorter 30 - 50 pages, and give a much smaller multiplier.

That would allow us to gain a quick easy buff for a much smaller time sink, and have a whole book of recipe's to read about.

On 8/1/2019 at 12:59 AM, Bejasc said:

1034: New 'Rope Ladder' item (crafted from 2x rope and 6x Sturdy Stick) - Used the same as a sheet rope (Requires 2x nails to the window). Is faster to climb, and less prone to being ripped down.

1035: Ability to use normal Rope on windows, instead of just sheet rope. Is slightly faster to climb, and less prone to being ripped down

1036: Ability to fall from rope climbing (injuring the player). Using the rope/rope ladder suggestions above, the chance is relatively high on Sheet Rope, and pretty minor on Rope Ladder.

make part 3 tie into exhaustion in some way and ill be happy

On 11/17/2018 at 6:18 AM, Burger_Time said:

Temperature inside buildings could be reworked.

Yes. Like that.

1. houses should be able to save some temperature. Like if you will heat up house, temperature will stay for some days depending on how much doors/windows are in the building, size and condition of them and material of walls made of (I.e wooden house will keep warm better than the metal one). Same with the cold temperatures.

2. Drafts.

If you've opened two windows in one house and there is no any barriers between them (all doors are closed/destroyed e.t.c) and the weather outside is windy, then draft will happen and cool down your house.

Also opened doors and windows should affect temperature anyway. :)

I love the idea of drafts. hopefully they plan to add new idle animations for actor states, like cold. That way If i leave the door open and forget i can see my character start to get chilly

1202 a) Rope or similar is needed to tow vehicles.
1202 b) Variety of different Ropes, Towing Items and reciepes. I.e, "Tow Rope" + "Towing Hook" = "Hooked Tow Rope"

(Add the hooks to apply tow ropes on vehicles faster)
1202 c) Rope Condition reflects upon quality/strength 
1202 d) Weight of towed vehicle + Rope Condition = X% chance for Rope to snap. 
1202 e) Craftable T frame Towing Bar (Metalworking/Engineering Level 1 or 2 & Mechanics Level 1)

1202 f) Craftable A frame Towing Bar (Metalworking/Engineering Level 2 or 3 & Mechanics Level 1)
                             (The A frame would be more durable and stable at speed but make turning slow slightly more difficult)
1202 g) Craftable Towbar (Metalworking/Engineering Level 2 or 3 & Mechanics Level 1)

(Less durable then Standard Towbars, Requires a Standard Towbar from a vehicle to craft)

Edited by MrCouper

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread