Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

primero muy buenas tardes a todos esta es mi primer comentario en esto así que iré directo al grano este juego tiene  de todo un poco y es bueno en si lo mejor que etsa en mejoramiento y eso esta bien para los amantes de estos juegos me incluyo yo.

bueno lo que se podría poner a este juego seria como nose le falta unas animaciones que puedan pasar  con el tiempo  por ejemplo que durante el tiempo que estemos  en el juego pues  pase cosas como por ejemplo :

- Que el personaje escucha  y vea como estrella  un helicóptero  (se puede estrella en lugares randon  , iglesias, casa, gasolineras, o en pistas  y crear una explocion o  un incendio 

seria cualquiera bien salado quien haga  su casa cerca  xd?)

-Que se metan  coches estrellados dentro de centros comerciales 

_ Que también haya nuevos  zombies o mejor dicho nuevos trajes  ejemplo:

un zombi con traje antidisturvios  con escudo y casco blindado que sea difícil matar  o algunos vehículos por ejemplo tanques peor que efectivamente estén fuera de servicio  :)

- y pues que también haya algunos supervivientes sin necesidad de mods o lugares secretos esta  es mi humilde idea

• 2 weeks later...

I think there should be a way to level up tailoring that is more than just adding and removing patches from clothing in the same way that there's more than one way to level up carpentry and metalworking without nails and welding rods. Currently the advancement of tailoring is limited by the amount of thread you can find (which is in opinoin not sufficient to reach any level beyond 6-7 let alone level 10) I suggest that cutting clothes with scissors give a small amount of tailoring xp in the same way that sawing logs gives a small amount carpentry xp. Just normally ripping sheets I don't think should give tailoring xp, but because you need a tool  to cut denim and leather clothes, i think it should have some small xp reward. 

15 hours ago, Witchstone3 said:

I think there should be a way to level up tailoring that is more than just adding and removing patches from clothing in the same way that there's more than one way to level up carpentry and metalworking without nails and welding rods. Currently the advancement of tailoring is limited by the amount of thread you can find (which is in opinoin not sufficient to reach any level beyond 6-7 let alone level 10) I suggest that cutting clothes with scissors give a small amount of tailoring xp in the same way that sawing logs gives a small amount carpentry xp. Just normally ripping sheets I don't think should give tailoring xp, but because you need a tool  to cut denim and leather clothes, i think it should have some small xp reward. 

It was said somewhere in forums that some improvements for this are planned in a short time, so I'm sure TIS is aware, but good point :)

1100. Different types of makeup allowing different patterns: Theater face paint (for clown, warrior, etc. Found in toy stores), camo face paint (found in army base and hunting stores) and makeup (smoky eyes, rosy cheeks etc.)

1101. New equipment: clown wig and clown clothes. Found in toy stores. And a rare clown zombie of course.

On 5/20/2020 at 11:29 PM, Planet Algol said:

Not that answer that you want, but that is absolutely mod-able..

True dat. But it is an feature I'd like to see in the base game. For my understanding it could be a basic feature - because, why not? This idea came to my mind, after hauling a load of logs back to my base. There was a mess on the lawn all around my base with cluttered stacks of logs. Maybe this scenery was just tickling my OCD, but a high capacity storage would be nice.

You can mod this, but with this argument, developers could stop development right now. Because the community could finish the game - simply by creating mods. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Killom

17 minutes ago, Mumbler said:

I'm not entirely sure I'm leaving this in the right place, but since the animation update I find myself unable to begin opening a window while holding RMB.  Though a small gripe, having to let go of RMB to open a window breaks the "flow" of sneaking around, in my opinion.

Boosting this. I think I saw it written elsewhere once but bears repeating. Been a while but I still can't seem to get used to it.

On 5/19/2020 at 1:47 PM, ohgodspidersno said:

Clothes that you find on zombies should always be 100% dirty

Maybe not 100% dirty, as I like some randomness but I agree they should be less clean, especially later down the apocalypse, especially how easily we can wash them now :)

1110?. Add regular makeups patterns without a limit for genders – it would be nice to mimick someone else's appeareance (no matter the gender) which may come useful for RPs, and to fool someone when multiplayer and NPCs comes down the road.

On 5/24/2020 at 12:57 PM, Faalagorn said:

Maybe not 100% dirty, as I like some randomness but I agree they should be less clean, especially later down the apocalypse, especially how easily we can wash them now :)

I just think that if you were making a list of ways to make a tshirt dirty, the first item on that list would be "leave it on a shambling, diseased, rotting corpse for several days or weeks".

There's no amount of dirt, grease, grime, sweat, vomit, or shit you could possibly cake onto my clothes that would make them less desirable to wear than letting a zombie wear them for even a minute.

Edited by ohgodspidersno

31 minutes ago, ohgodspidersno said:

I just think that if you were making a list of ways to make a tshirt dirty, the first item on that list would be "leave it on a shambling, diseased, rotting corpse for several days or weeks".

There's no amount of dirt, grease, grime, sweat, vomit, or shit you could possibly cake onto my clothes that would make them less desirable to wear than letting a zombie wear them for even a minute.

haha. Truth said. 

Can we have recipes added for the furniture already in the game?

It can be added over time, but there is no reason that I as a carpenter can't make a good looking dining chair at level 6 that I see in a house, or copy a door. Having these would also drastically flesh out carpentry and metalworking. Having sheets, bars for metal would allow metalworking to build shelving units or metal shelves on the wall. It allows us to have an alternative to running to a house, grabbing a chair and running out.

You got the sprites already, you got materials already, you have a crafting system already, just casually link the two up with ways to build them. No adding extra sprites, just use what you have. Electrical can craft different lights and lamps once they get higher in skill. 

When you craft them, just give the item you use when we do the pick-up/place option. Then we can Place from our inventory. 

Like I said, over time. Add a chunk of chairs or whatever whenever, but this would really allow us to customize our bases. You can add lootable mags if you'd like.

Edited by Damien Darkside

9 hours ago, Damien Darkside said:

It can be added over time, but there is no reason that I as a carpenter can't make a good looking dining chair at level 6 that I see in a house, or copy a door. Having these would also drastically flesh out carpentry and metalworking. Having sheets, bars for metal would allow metalworking to build shelving units or metal shelves on the wall. It allows us to have an alternative to running to a house, grabbing a chair and running out.

You got the sprites already, you got materials already, you have a crafting system already, just casually link the two up with ways to build them. No adding extra sprites, just use what you have. Electrical can craft different lights and lamps once they get higher in skill. 

When you craft them, just give the item you use when we do the pick-up/place option. Then we can Place from our inventory. 

Like I said, over time. Add a chunk of chairs or whatever whenever, but this would really allow us to customize our bases. You can add lootable mags if you'd like.

Maybe have to examine (timed action) an object you find first, then you can make it later?

That’s a neat idea.

Two options for the sandbox menu I'd love to see

Water Shutoff: Never
Electricity Shutoff: Never

It doesn't have to be "never" in the code, just 99999 days. I always play with the 0-5 years setting for sandbox, but now I have this thing were it's still "it going to shut off tomorrow or three years from now".

I hate playing this game without electricity or water. At that point its just "drink bleach start new character this file is ruined", since it doesn't allow me to live in my customized house that I spent hours in. Nights for me become very boring. Gameplay becomes way more limited. The game isn't fun anymore past the lights going out. I get that you guys want a realistic game, but if you can give me 0-5 years range on Sandbox Options, we should have a "never" option for shutoffs. I can already turn off zombie infections, this is the one last thing preventing me from fully enjoying and investing in Zomboid, the lingering fear of "instead of a zombie horde overwhelming you on a supply run, the light and water turns off and you don't want to play anymore".

Two options for the sandbox menu I'd love to see

Water Shutoff: Never
Electricity Shutoff: Never

It doesn't have to be "never" in the code, just 99999 days. I always play with the 0-5 years setting for sandbox, but now I have this thing were it's still "it going to shut off tomorrow or three years from now".

I hate playing this game without electricity or water. At that point its just "drink bleach start new character this file is ruined", since it doesn't allow me to live in my customized house that I spent hours in. Nights for me become very boring. Gameplay becomes way more limited. The game isn't fun anymore past the lights going out. I get that you guys want a realistic game, but if you can give me 0-5 years range on Sandbox Options, we should have a "never" option for shutoffs. I can already turn off zombie infections, this is the one last thing preventing me from fully enjoying and investing in Zomboid, the lingering fear of "instead of a zombie horde overwhelming you on a supply run, the light and water turns off and you don't want to play anymore".

I fully agree that there ought to be a "never" option.  The more customization, the better, says I!

That being said, you CAN set up a generator with a fairly small amount of effort, and if you dont mind tweaking the sandbox settings (which it sounds like you don't) you can turn down noise and gas consumption to a point that both become negligible factors.  Just an idea in the interim until they (hopefully) expand the sandbox options even more.

Sorry, small item large post because I think it will genuinely make the game better.

I've noticed zombies have items stuck in them, and that items are being rendered in hands (I haven't played since 2017) a lot better. I have my infections turned off in Sandbox. This has allowed me to play with the medical system a lot, which has been great because with Infection Enabled, I rarely used it at all because I rarely got hurt. Now I take more risks and get into combat, requiring me to stop bleeding and lacerations, and to make sure those aren't infected (like, septic) or I die.

So my question is this: Can zombies attack with items, and throw punches? I mean in the Romero sense of Zombies holding onto objects reflexively, and throw punch being "I got hit but it wasn't a scratch". With a Police Zombie for instance holding a nightstick, and when he attacks I get hit with the nightstick instead of a scratch. A repairman zombie might be holding a screwdriver, or a Spiffo Zombie might be holding a knife, and now I have to deal with a laceration. Bum Zombie hits me with a broken glass bottle, now I finally have a reason to use tweezers to get glass out of my shoulder.

The reason why I suggest this is because you've CLEARLY put a lot of time into the medical system, and it is very in-depth. I just have nothing to... heal. You have already made good steps in fleshing out the system, I noticed running through the forest without a proper shirt causes arm injuries, and walking without shoes can cause bleeding as well. I realize with NPCs that they will be able to attack you, however realistically the chances of me using those tweezers to extract bullets is going to be pretty low isn't it? I'm sure we won't be going MGS3 with bullet damage to the player, and more Zomboid.

Also I am suggesting a only a small part of the population have an item equipped. Out of a crowd of zombies, one or two has an item and it is relatable to their profession. We clearly have sets for businessmen, police, chefs etc, so some of them holding a hammer, knife or baseball bat would be fine. Clearly there are loot chances as well, so just have any weapon that spawns in a zombie's inventory have a small chance to be equipped. Any zombie holding something that isn't their profession is either a zombified survivor, a layman using the tool (normal people hold hammers) or is plainclothes/day off. 

Now people might say "that isn't zombies, they can't use items" to which I say "they aren't using a screwdriver, they're attacking with an object in their hands and they're hitting you with it, even toddlers do this and hundreds of animals". There are sandbox options for "navigate" and "navigate use doors" and I think it would be between the two (so if people want to turn it off you can have "item use" or something). I fully believe zombies would be capable of smacking you with something if they had it in their hands. Also popular media has shown hundreds of times of zombies at least HOLDING an item, so it won't be jarring to players. Games like Dead Island, Dying Light, and Dead Rising also have the "zombie holds something and flails at you with it to do other damage than "bite/rawr" type of attack that players are also used to.

I feel like a zombie with a knife will provide the same threat as a zombie alone, but with a different angle. Also you can use the scratch/bite resistances for blade/blunt, since biting is like tearing and scratching is like hitting.

As a side note: does having bloody clothes increase the chances of "normal" need-antibiotics-infection? With a zombie hitting you with a knife, that would also increase need for sterilization and looting bottles of disinfectant.

I am....forgainst this idea.  On one hand, it could add variety to both the visual side of mobs of zombies and the combat aspect of approaching said mobs.

On the other hand, every time I've ever seen a Z in media pick up a rock or tool and use it, even in the most rudimentary way, my brain immediately goes "that's f'ing stupid.".  So, forgainst it.

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread