Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

Just because it's only a small request I'm putting it in here.

I'd like to ask that it's considered that dandelion coffee gets added in? It would tie in nicely with foraging and be a nice post-apocalyptic drink.

In the same vein, may there please be some consideration for the coffee and tea recipes to make sugar optional?

• 2 weeks later...

1071. Desire paths. Having trails form as a result of one specific path being continuously used by your character, vehicles, zombies (and NPC survivors in the future!) would be a nice touch and add a bit of post-apocalyptic atmosphere to the game, and could also help those holding out in locations in the wilderness only connected by meager dirt roads that are being threatened with becoming overgrown and unable to be used. I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement into the game, but it could solve the problem of "this dirt road I always use is covered in trees, bushes, and grass now."

1072. A way to move vehicles without driving them. Some roads will be randomly blocked with car wrecks, which, in the case of vehicles that are nothing more than burnt out hunks of metal, can be disassembled for scrap, but intact vehicles seem to not have that option. Usually, you can drive around them, but some roads are narrow to the point where you'll have to drive through the grass, which can become a major issue as time goes on when bushes and trees begin to grow. Having a way to move these vehicles would be very useful. Towing them, setting them to neutral and pushing them, or some other method would be very useful, and it would also allow vehicles to even be used as barricades more easily without having to hope the vehicle has gas, working parts, and (if you can't hotwire) a key.

Edited by Stormc12

1073. When able to hotwire a vehicle, let any action that would otherwise start the car count as an attempt to hotwire it. With 4 ways to start a car (clicking on the engine, clicking on the ignition key location, pressing "w", using the radial menu), having only 1 work for hotwiring and the other 3 do nothing is somewhat frustrating. 

1074. When you right-click to open up the vehicle mechanics screen, don't force the character to walk to the engine first, just let us open the window. If I'm replacing the back window of a car, walking to the front to just walk back around it is just silly.

1075. Keep favorited status for a bottle regardless of filled status. I can't remember how many times I've put my water bottle away because it wasn't favorited any more because I'd finished the last of it.

Edited by MrHrulgin

• 2 weeks later...

Small but important gamepad suggestion: it would be nice if holding the trigger was sufficient to keep stomping on a zombie, just like when holding space with a keyboard. Right now I kinda get click crazy when trying to take one out, to the point of minor RSI complaints...

Guess I could try calming down a bit, but the tension gets me every time 😅

20 hours ago, Tybs said:

Small but important gamepad suggestion: it would be nice if holding the trigger was sufficient to keep stomping on a zombie, just like when holding space with a keyboard. Right now I kinda get click crazy when trying to take one out, to the point of minor RSI complaints...

Guess I could try calming down a bit, but the tension gets me every time 😅

Is this with a controller? The word click is throwing me off.

Holding left-click should already do this, just like holding space. 

1078 Toasters, appear on kitchen counters like microwaves, right click to use, only 3 options: "pick up", "disassemble"(for electronics xp and scrap) and "toast bread" slices(or waffles). Toasting bread slices turns it into toast a base recipe ingredient where spreads such as butter can be added(and avocado and maybe cooked eggs)

Edited by buwaro
Added dissemble

1080. The ability for zombies to reach through windows, over fences, or poorly barricaded windows. It would make fences not overpowered as a horde-killing tool, as zombies could simply pull your character over them and devour you while you're on the ground.

On 12/13/2019 at 8:03 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

Is this with a controller? The word click is throwing me off.

Holding left-click should already do this, just like holding space. 

Apologies: yes, I'm talking about the controller here 😁

Edited by Tybs

Could the mouse be permanently hidden when using a controller? When streaming from another device, I don't have the option of moving it. Currently using an autohide tool for it, but for some reason it pops up once in a while. Would make sense to just have an option to disable the mouse when a controller is in use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread