Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

970. Water cooler should be refillable after it's drained.

971. Not only car's doors should be repairable, but trunk and engine doors also. I guess double rear doors of vans should be added to the repairable list also. In general - all the body pannels should. Car heater can be made to be fixeable with electronic parts. Glove box also should be repairable just like the trunk is.

972. Make an entirely dismantled car (only a body remained) dismantleable with a torch (like the car wreck)

973. I guess we can fix a previosly broken car locks and make a key for the "stolen" car, reverting it from "start with wires" state. That's actually pretty simple task with an old cars (not based on electronics) when you have tools and enough time.

Edited by Shamanu

3 hours ago, Tails said:

976. More types of nutrients values in foods like vitamin A to C,  calcium , ect

Values "Just for fun" are not so fun, actually. And useless values are useless. I hope you do understand what I say.

So, I guess, if you suggest some of this, maybe you can also offer a suggestion on the use of those values?

Edited by Shamanu

8 hours ago, Shamanu said:

Values "Just for fun" are not so fun, actually. And useless values are useless. I hope you do understand what I say.

So, I guess, if you suggest some of this, maybe you can also offer a suggestion on the use of those values?

Basic malnutrition, or what I propose when initially pitching the nutrition system.

There's only six nutritional value seated realistically have to track to implement things like scurvy or beriberi.

Wasn't supposed to be limited to weight.

979. Expand "Survivor Vehicles" option in the Sandbox setting to include "None". I like having to work hard to get a car running.

980. Once NPCs inevitably come, please let their presence be toggleable. I enjoy being the last human alive way too much.

981. Ability to clean bandages at watersource, like sinks, instead of requiring to have water in inventory.

Edited by undeadactivist
Spelling

• 3 weeks later...

983. Empty glass bottles should be added to loot tables. As of now, the only way to get them is to drink wine and whiskey.

984. Reverse car lights with cone of light.

maxresdefault.jpg

985. Rear car lights should give red cone of light on the ground.

P9261534.jpg

986. Breaking car lights should give increased cone of light compared to above.

987. Emergency vehicle lights should give cone of light of appropriate colour.

Edited by Geras

989.   Anoted notes/survivor journals.

you can find them randomly on corpses of zombies or just regular corpses of people who committed  suicide. They will state the thoughts and last words of the survivors, some may hint at a possible place for loot to be and some just may be writing up until their final moments. This could work  similar to the anoted maps. I feel it would add yet another layer of immersion onto this  beautifully  crafted immersion cake that is Project Zomboid lol.

990. Spawn partially consumed and prepared food.

It's a bit strange that all the food spawns only raw and untouched. Did the people eat all the food raw? I don't think so. Then we can make some food spawn partially consumed, opened (if it's a canned food) or even fully prepared dishes such as soup, salads etc. :)

991. More alcohol.

Title says it all, basically. Currently all the alcohol drinks we have is Whiskey and two sorts of wine. Would be good to see more drinks such as Beer, Martini, Vodka, Liquor, Rose wine, Absinthe, Bourbon (We're in Kentucky, so why not?) and other drinks.

also ability to make cocktails? Bartender occupation? Eh?

Edited by Burger_Time

992. Car alarm should also be trigger from bumping/ crashing car into parked car like in GTA and also have car alarms go off if you hot wire a car.

993. Rotten food should attract flies.

994. Each vehicle should have a different fuel consumption rate so that certain car will consume more fuel than others.

995. Threats to crops like weeds that can harm crops. But you can be able to treat the weeds threat to your crops by digging out the weeds or raking.

996.  Random chances of getting rotten or stale food items from foraging.

997. Speed loaders for the revolvers to make reloading more faster for that animations update in the future.

998. Farming and First aid should be a survival skill instead of a crafting skill.

Edited by Tails

• 2 weeks later...

999. Moodles explanation.

I've often seen new players getting confused by appearance of some moodles, like "why am I sad?" Or "WTF why am I in pain?!" So I thought it would be cool to have some kind of explanation for certain moodles like Anxiety, Unhappiness and pain.

Like, if you open description of the moodle, it will show you what affects character (Unattended injuries, Smoke withdrawal etc.) Will be very useful. Also that would allow to add new causes of mood changes (Alone, lost and other stuff) without player being confused.

1001. Naturally spawned vehicle gates such as in locations like gated community areas.

1002.   Zombies wearing backpacks,  hiking bags/duffel bags  should have  some rewarding loot

1003.  Guns should spawn with or without a magazine as well as having a chance to spawn loaded or have random amounts of ammo in the chamber.

1004.  Naturally spawned crawler maybe from a crippled person could have been crippled before he/she would turned into a zombie to make it as some random crawling zombies since there none crawlers that spawned naturally.

1005. Naturally spawned sawn off shotguns instead of just the normal shotguns being found.

Edited by Tails

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1008. Being able to listen to music. Walkmans and such were a fever in the 80's and 90's, so it should be common to find them on Kentucky houses. Maybe find a "Music tape" here or there, with free-to-use music such as classic music, or even pointing to a "Music" folder where the player can put their own audio files there. Music of course would reduce the stress and boredom levels while close to them, or using earbuds/headphones to listen to music while killing zombies.

1009. Blood on your hands. After some actions such as grab corpses, your hand would be bloody/dirty and you would need to clean them first before actions like eating or cooking.

1010. If the character uses the same clothes for more than 5 days, it starts to sthinks and shows a new moodlet: "Dirty clothes". The player can wash the clothes to remove the moodlet. If the player ignores it, the character has a chance to become ill, the chance getting higher as days passes. 

Edited by ZonaryQuasar

• 2 weeks later...

1011. More moodlets: Happy (when the character is well fed for three or more days straight), Fear (when the nigh is dark and full of terrors),  Sense of Accomplishment (reach a lvl 10 in a skill), Lonely (could trigger without no reason sometimes just like Anxious)

Edited by ZonaryQuasar

1013. Possibility to use Seat belts in cars to prevent broken ribs in a car crash

1014. Possibility to rest inside cars (at the moment you can only sleep)

1015. New item: Thermal bottle. Instead of making a lot of cups of hot coffee, one could simply make a full bottle of coffee and put in a thermal bottle so it doesn't get cold.

Edited by ZonaryQuasar

• 3 weeks later...

1016. Instead of generators exploding at lower condition why not have generator break down like a car at a lower condition.

1017.  Burned corpses should not turn into a pile of ash instead it should be a charred body so that you can carry the burned to find a way to dispose of since a camp fire would not be hot enough to cremate a corpse unless the corpse was cremated at a crematorium.

1018.  Firearm cleaning kits for maintaining a firearm.

1020. Ticks. The wilderness can be dangerous in so many ways, walking through bushes and such should present a chance of acquiring an "injury" called "Tick" which can be removed with tweezers. Mostly these will just cause an increase in stress and if you just leave them they'll eventually vanish by themselves, but they have a good chance of getting infected and causing a fever, forcing wilderness players to leave their safe zones and find access to antibiotics.

Edit: Can be removed with hands, but changes into a Scratch injury.

1021. Splinters. When certain weapons break while equipped, you fail a Carpentry exercise or maybe randomly sometimes while removing bushes and foraging, the player will get an "injury" to your hands called "Splinter". Like the Tick, it can be removed with tweezers but will eventually vanish by itself. While the splinter is in your hands it will cause minor pain.

1022. Bruises. Simple injury addition. Can be gotten from "Zombie Punches", but no risk of Infection. Can be gotten from pretty much any blunt force trauma.

1023. Wild fruit. Chance to find Plums, Cherries, Pawpaws, Persimmons and Sassafras while foraging. These are all native to Kentucky and you'd be bound to stumble on some, especially at high foraging levels.

Edited by Okamikurainya

The particle system (and other eye candy stuff)

With Zomboid having a particle system in build 42 I'm suggesting some neat small stuff that can be done with it.

(Or without, I have no clue what actually requires a particle system and what not.)

Footprints in the snow. Self-explanatory really. Could provide a PVP advantage. Perhaps the <redacted> could track your base by using the footprints as well! Not sure how performance-intensive this whole mechanic would be though.

Bloody footprints. Same as above; activates when walking over a large pool of blood.

Water dripping down roofs/gutters after & while rain. In winter there could be little icicles hanging down the roofs/gutters. Pointless eye candy, but eye candy nonetheless!

Vehicle tire marks while drifting or taking sharp turns.

Bloody tire marks. Same(ish) as above; activates when driving over a large pool of blood. (Or corpses)

Smoke coming out of vehicle tailpipes.

When driving over dirt/sand/grass, there should be a small effect that shows the tyres kicking up some of the dirt/sand/grass. The effect should be small/non-existent for offroad capable vehicles. Non-offroad capable vehicles produce a bigger effect, as they're struggling to move forward.

Driving right next to a wall and scraping your car at it should show an effect of sorts. Should have a nice annoying sound effect to accommodate it.

Rain droplets banging against house/car windows. Should have a nice sound effect to accommodate it.

When walking/driving over (upcoming) puddles, water should splash under the characters/vehicles feet/tyres. Should have a nice sound effect to accommodate it. 

Other stuff

Windscreen wipers. When raining, you should be able to use your cars windscreen wipers to get rid of the rain on your windshield. Not having any windscreen wipers or forgetting to use them will decrease vision depending on rain intensity. Should have a nice sound effect to accommodate it.

Freezing windshields & windows. In winter, your vehicles windshield & other windows may freeze, blocking your vision inside of the vehicle for a while. This can be prevented by using a anti-frost car cover before leaving the vehicle for a longer period of time; keeping the car in a garage or using a ice scraper to get the frost off your windshields & other windows.

Vehicle reverse lights. For some reason they don't light up in the game yet.

Using the vehicle AC should make a "blow" sound effect.

Dirt/blood accumilating on vehicles. Quite simple, depending on the way you drive dirt/blood starts accumilating on your vehicle. Purely cosmetic, should be cleanable. (Maybe make the car wash in the game usable?)

Fuel-filler caps. The current vehicle models don't have those for some reason, making it difficult to know which side should face the fuel dispensers.

Vehicle indicators. Left, right & hazard. Absolutely no use whatsoever, but still appreciated!

Winter & Summer tyres for vehicles. You'll have to switch between winter & summer tyres once said season(s) start. If you don't have the appropriate tyres for the current season, you should experience handling debuffs.

Transmission difficulty. Similar to reload difficulty, transmission difficulty will determine how easy/hard it is to shift gears in a vehicle.

Easy - Everything's an automatic

Normal - Automatics and Manuals; newer and more expensive vehicles tend to be automatic, cheaper and older ones manual. 
Press <key of choice> to shift gears up and <key of choice> to shift gears down in a manual.

Hard - Same as above, except now you'll have to press down the clutch to shift gears on a manual. On an automatic you'll have to switch between reverse, park & drive. 

Edited by Berries
typos

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread