Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

15 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Already in. Just need a can of paint and a brush.

But there's only a skull & arrows for walls, right? It's really limited.

I'm suggesting letters so we can write the name of a base on it, or write stuff like "KEEP OUT" or "ALIVE INSIDE". And more symbols, too.

Edited by ZombiesLoveBrainiacs

Temperature inside buildings could be reworked.

Yes. Like that.

1. houses should be able to save some temperature. Like if you will heat up house, temperature will stay for some days depending on how much doors/windows are in the building, size and condition of them and material of walls made of (I.e wooden house will keep warm better than the metal one). Same with the cold temperatures.

2. Drafts.

If you've opened two windows in one house and there is no any barriers between them (all doors are closed/destroyed e.t.c) and the weather outside is windy, then draft will happen and cool down your house.

Also opened doors and windows should affect temperature anyway. :)

QOL: When foraging, stuff you find should be put into active inventory slot of your choice (main inventory, backpack on back, backpack 1, backpack 2), and not to be limited only to main inventory. Same goes for digging for worms, disassembling electronics and picking up world items.

Edited by Geras

If roof tile is burnt, it should have a pretty big chance to collapse when player/zombie steps on it.

Gunshot sound should spread a lot farther. For like 3 km, but zombies shouldn't react to the gunshots if the source of sound is farther than 1,5 km. Just to make it a bit balanced. :)

Also The state of environment should affect how long can sound spread.

Edited by Burger_Time

935. More variety of defenses. We should be using concertina wire, wooden spikes, plywood sheets, junk walls, makeshift barricades. We should be able to knock over a wardrobe and shove it up against a door. I know we sort of have a system like that in place but it's not implemented well. The vanilla defenses (like log walls) are bland. We should also be able to barricade low fences to prevent zombies from climbing over.

936. If a player has low construction skill when boarding up windows, the planks should be nailed in a haphazard and messy style instead of the neat, one-on-top-of-the-other style that's currently in place. 

937. Big trucks, like tankers and eighteen wheelers. Even if you can't implement their cargo, they should still be in the game. 

938. Better smoke and fire effects. If possible, fire should have more varied sprites and smoke should rise up in the air and flow with the wind. Fire currently looks dull and boring. 

939. Car fires. Cars should be able to catch fire and burn depending on their integrity. 

940. Zombies should be able to be dismembered (such as decapitations with an axe or blowing off limbs with a shotgun). 

941. Building physics. Buildings that burn down or are otherwise destroyed should be able to collapse and lose walls, floors, and roofs. For example, if you knock out the walls of a house with a sledgehammer, the house should collapse on top of you.

942. More variety of tents and sleeping bags. You've seen them in Hydrocraft, but really they should be a vanilla item since they're such vital survival items. 

943. House fires should be able to spread from house to house depending on weather, the surrounding area, etc. It should be feasible to burn down the entire neighborhood with a single fire that's left unchecked.

944. Occupation-specific spawn items. Depending on your occupation, you should spawn with at least one or two corresponding items. For example, if you play as a construction worker, you should start with a hammer. If you play as a cop, you should start with a pistol and maybe a key to the police station.

945. Lockpicks. No more having to bust down a door or break a window if you've got the tools and the skill.

If I think of more I'll add them. 

2 hours ago, Brex said:

House fires should be able to spread from house to house depending on weather, the surrounding area, etc. It should be feasible to burn down the entire neighborhood with a single fire that's left unchecked.

This is already a thing tho. I once started a fire in the house and the entire neighborhood burned down. The only thing about that every house burned only partly (I.e one room was destroyed but the other ones was fine).

Probably it would also be good if brick walls didn't catch up fire if there's no wallpaper or something else on it. 

946. Vehicle QOL: Vehicles retain speed for greater distances. IRL your car can travel quite a ways at roughly the same speed before bothering to use the accelerator. PZ, and most games, make you have to use the accelerator much more than the break when that just isn't reality.

947. South and East facing stairs? a bit limiting with only north and west.

948. Make the ladders seen climbable like sheet ropes, or make them clearly unclimbable.

949. Guns are way too inaccurate. I can understand not getting a headshot in the first few shots, but not even hitting? Especially for the danger of the gun's noise they should be more effective.

Edit: Remembered a few more

950. Rarely spawning 'survivor' cars that start with their engines running and lights randomly on or off. Perhaps a little bit of fuel in the tank and some loot caches too, but honestly just rarely spawning running cars would be ideal. They'd most likely spawn at the traffic jams and in poor condition.

951. Tying into my last idea, corpses should randomly spawn in any seat of a car (and possibly an option to remove body from the car so you can get in it if all the seats are filled)

Edited by spyjack

3 hours ago, spyjack said:

948. Make the ladders seen climbable like sheet ropes, or make them clearly unclimbable.

Potential to be added after the new animation system, although it'd create the problem sheet ropes initially had: 100% zombie proof bases.

949. Guns are way too inaccurate. I can understand not getting a headshot in the first few shots, but not even hitting? Especially for the danger of the gun's noise they should be more effective.

Combat will be seeing some changes with the new animations system, the extent will likely include firearms and accuracy.

950. Rarely spawning 'survivor' cars that start with their engines running and lights randomly on or off. Perhaps a little bit of fuel in the tank and some loot caches too, but honestly just rarely spawning running cars would be ideal. They'd most likely spawn at the traffic jams and in poor condition.

There are already survivor caches in cars, along with profession caches. Coming across a vehicle that's running would certainly be a bit spooky. 

951. Tying into my last idea, corpses should randomly spawn in any seat of a car (and possibly an option to remove body from the car so you can get in it if all the seats are filled)

Corpses can already spawn in any seat, along with the trunk. Although they can be fairly rare.

10 hours ago, Burger_Time said:

We have a scissors and razor in game, but they don't have any use right now. So umm...

Maybe hair and beard should grow and you need to shave it over time? That could make your character less sad and decrease chance that zombie will grab your hair.

As an alternative, even being able to use them for changing hair/beard style would be great too (as per the mod that does this). The fewer useless items the better.

953.  Starting off in March Ridge , Valley Station , unnamed town locations and Dixie locations

954.  Rose hips used in tea and fruit salad recipes.

955.  Wearable wedding rings, necklaces, lockets ect. 

956.  Zombie corpses with random food found and other useful items from  in the backpacks and bags that survivors had before they turned into a zombie.

957. Different way to heal faster — rest. 

Maybe instead of eating lots of food, we should rest more in order to make our health restore faster?

958. Make overeating a bad thing.

IRL, overeating is bad thing. So why is it good here?

Maybe it should make your character, ahem, puke if you run, make healing a bit slower due to organism spending more time digesting food rather than healing wounds and some other things, however, it will make your character happier especially if he was hungry before.

959. Analog/mechanic watches.

A much more common type of watch than a digital one. Should be a bit heavier, not show temperature and maybe even have their own interface.

960. Customizable careers.

i think being able to add your own careers would be really cool so it can basically be an endless list of occupations for the character to create. Although I am happy with the careers we have in the game now I still think there could be many more you should be able to choose from. The devs May be plannng on adding more at some point I’m not sure but I believe being able to put in your own careers would add to the personalization of your very own zombie apocalypse and make your character feel more like you if that’s what your going for. You can assign skills and what the pros are of that career but points must be balenced like everything else to keep it from being to overpowered.

Edited by Dragoncody98

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Burger_Time said:

That's probably have been suggested before, but...

Guns should be cleaned over time. If you won't do that, your gun will start jamming, be less accurate and maybe even break if your gun won't be cleaned for a very long time.

There is a gun cleaning kit, though I've no idea what it does.

969. I know build 41 isn’t here yet but the sucicide animation where your survivor puts a gun to his head and blows his brains out should kill your survivor out right when the everyone is infected sandbox option is turned on. There she be no turning into a zombie after that. Just wanted to suggest this just in case it won’t be a thing.

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread