Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

It would be cool to be able to craft those secret hideaway containers in the floorboards like you find in annotated map locations. I know you can claim safe-houses and whatnot, but in multiplayer, the one thing that stops me from playing this game on public servers versus my own private one, is loot being stolen. In games like Ark and Conan Exiles it doesn't matter because it's much easier to build containers, buildings, defenses, etc., but in PZ loot is rare and hard to come by. I feel like secret containers that you could put rugs over, for example, would be a great addition to the game. 

• 2 weeks later...

898. recipe magazines for crafting pipe bombs, flame trap, and aerosol bomb without choosing the engineer occupation.

899. flower pots to grow your crops and make it portable to travel with when you need to move your crops.

900. zombie corpses loot tables should have shotgun shells, 308 rounds and 223 rounds.

901: Glasses, for traits like short-sighted. You could expand it to let the glasses break on hit to the head and farsighted and sunglasses (perhaps with new weather system, for sunny weather? - then a cappy would also make sense)
902: Traits like alcoholic, kinda like smoker but for alcohol. To make it easier you could add things like beer, vodka etc.
903: Asthma needing an inhaler on a regular base. Could be found on zombies.
904: Brushing teeth (should be optional)
905: Some other illnesses than the zombie virus. At the moment you're nearly dead, when a zombie hits you and you can't do anything about it. But if you don't get scratched or bitten, you don't need much medics, except for accidents with the car or with broken windows. Perhaps having headaches or something like this.
906: More clutter :D
907: Give rubber bands a use, like slinging it on a zombie or building a slingshot like i suggested before :)
908: Use cologne/deodorant to distract zombies smell instinct. You don't smell like flesh if you use it.
909: Chalk to draw on roads, rain should wash it away however.
910: razor blades as a weapon(not sure though)
911: using clothes for storing small things (trousers/hoodies/cargo pants with 1 or 2 capacity)
912: mirrors to look around corners (could be difficult tho)

913: Weather/storm/fog controls options in Sandbox.

I would love to see some options under the Nature tab in sandbox to allow people more control over the weather. I really enjoy the atmosphere of the special scenario "A Storm is Coming." I'd like to  recreate something like that for multiplayer or just a personalized sandbox game. I like to create personally tweaked sandbox game depending on my mood. Having options in sandbox would let me capture the weather/storms that I loved in "A Storm is Coming" while also allowing me to further customize my game.

9 minutes ago, SlightlyOff said:

913: Weather/storm/fog controls options in Sandbox.

I would love to see some options under the Nature tab in sandbox to allow people more control over the weather. I really enjoy the atmosphere of the special scenario "A Storm is Coming." I'd like to  recreate something like that for multiplayer or just a personalized sandbox game. I like to create personally tweaked sandbox game depending on my mood. Having options in sandbox would let me capture the weather/storms that I loved in "A Storm is Coming" while also allowing me to further customize my game.

Turbo's added (and improved on) this in the shift + backspace menu that'll likely be released on Thursday.

918-ish.

I think this has been added already, but I wanted to add some detail to it. I'm just going to copy and paste what i wrote in the official TIS Discord server.

It would be nice if the washing machines in the game became usable items soon. Worked like containers as well. Like stoves and microwaves, but for clothing.

Also a chance to find clothing inside. Either all clean or all dirty depending on whether they'd been cleaned or not before being abandoned.

Throw food in and turn the machine on and you destroy the food. It would also dirty any clothes you have in the machine at the time.

They would be usable only when both the power and water are running. With generators you could keep the power going, but I'm not sure what you could do about the water to keep them working after the water is shut off. My guess is you'd have to revert to washing clothing with soap and water again.

Anyway, just tossing another idea out there. :-D

Car seats should be accessible from outside the car. You know, by opening the door, without the need of getting inside the vehicle to get/store your stuff on the seats.

It would be very convenient if we could set desired pressure on car tire pump

OR

Make it that way that pumping stops after reaching recommended tire pressure.

Edited by Geras

1 hour ago, Geras said:

Car seats should be accessible from outside the car. You know, by opening the door, without the need of getting inside the vehicle to get/store your stuff on the seats.

This reminded me of an issue I had yesterday where I removed all my vehicle doors to do repairs/replace, and discovered I could not get into the car!!!  if anything entering/exiting should be *Faster* without doors. But as it stands no doors means no access !??

I think it's looking for a door to *open* before going on to the next thing..... but since there's no door, it just sort of does nothing.

923.   Enable entry into vehicles that have doors removed

4 hours ago, Geras said:

You can already do this by opening the door using the vehicle wheel menu.

Edited by Kaleidozombie
Formatting.

3 hours ago, Kaleidozombie said:

You can already do this by opening the door using the vehicle wheel menu.

Neat, I didn't know that.

It should be set as default then, without the need to open every single door to every car you encounter as long as door's lock isn't locked.

• 2 weeks later...

More situations that affects character's mood.

Character should become anxious when watching news, unhappy when infected, panicked when being shot or activating an alarm, etc.

Also player should become very anxious at the start because it's god damn apocalypse going on outside!

Umm... Let's leave it untitled.

If ability to kill your self will be added, there should be a goal to reach if you want to do it. I.e you have to reach "Desperation" sadness level to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Add "Dig for worms" context menu action for gardening trowel and shovel. It's a bit annoying to constantly dig a gardening patch like a maniac on 2x time speed to get worms. You could make the action as long as foraging action and make an area deplete of worms after some digging similarly as foraging works.

Add the ability to disable "Dig with hands" context menu option. It's redundant after finding a trowel/shovel and only adds a risk of misclicking.

Add a crafting option to increase generator fuel tank capacity. There is little need for it being so tiny and it would be rather easy to upgrade it in a real situation.

i.e.

Use:

- vehicle fuel tank or 5x empty gas cans

- 2x metal junk 

- metal pipe

- 1x full duct tape or 3x full sticky tape

Keep:

- screwdriver

- wrench

- blow torch

Skill requirement:

- metalworking lvl 2

7 hours ago, josko_91 said:

I know there is a mod for this, but I thought it would be nice if the devs added energy drinks, official energy drinks ^_^

I Always thought the lack of energy drinks was a little wierd and for so long! Cant believe they havnt added that yet :P

I don't remember these being so prevalent at the time.

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread