Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

On Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 6:03 PM, TurtleShroom said:

Good evening.

This suggestion concerns a pet peeve of mine that I discovered the hard way. No other man seems to have suggested it, so I will do it myself.

Right now, you can place things on the wall WITH the cabinet, but not UNDER the cabinet. You should be able to place things (toilets, sinks, etc.) under a medicine cabinet and place a medicine cabinet OVER a toilet or sink (the same should go for any hanging wall items).

It makes no sense that a sink or toilet can naturally spawn under a medicine cabinet in the game, but the player cannot replicate this in their base.

Thank you for your consideration of this suggestion.

-TURTLESHROOM

I was told to relocate this here.

On 7/20/2018 at 11:53 PM, TurtleShroom said:

I was told to relocate this here.

I believe we fixed this in a recent internal build - and it actually may already be fixed in the weather build :)

Many thanks for the continued ideas that are going into this thread by the way guys. Please keep them coming.

I posted some of them in threads, but I think I never posted them here:

862. When in the room with the clock, show the actual time.

863. Car mirrors. When you have them undamaged, you can see things behind better, especially when on reverse. They should be attached to doors.

864. Ability to refuel directly from the gas stations to a gas tank, without gas cans (I think it's not there yet). Confirmed it's there, thanks @Vaileasys!

865. Opened hood in car should reduce visibility.

866. Keybinding to open car radio panel, open siren panel, open/close window, un/lock all doors and open trunk.

867. Add Lock/Unlock Open/Close doors/hood/trunk to the right click vehicle menu, similar to how the door works.

868. I'm not sure if it was being mentioned and/or waits for the animation update, but visual indication for opened or missing parts (other than windows).

869. Fence gates can not be opened from inside and you can't jump through them (should they be even locked? You can often open gates IRL literally by just reaching your hand out).

870. Ability to physically turn (not click) ignition icon to start vehicle, similar how knobs in heater/oven works.

871. Ability to bind separate controls for vehicle (forward, break, steer left, steer right).

872. Now that all movables have name, how about showing the actual name next to the Loot All button? Would be easier to name containers. Heck, maybe even let us rename them!

873. Since you can pick up curtains now, right clicking and choosing"Remove Curtains" should pick up curtains instead of giving Sheets.

Edited by Faalagorn

3 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

864. Ability to refuel directly from the gas stations to a gas tank, without gas cans (I think it's not there yet).

If you're talking about into the vehicle directly, that's already in. You have to make sure the "fuel cap" is on the side with the pump... but I'm not sure which side that is...

3 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

870. Ability to physically turn (not click) ignition icon to start vehicle, similar how knobs in heater/oven works.

I like this. Would be useful for switching between "off", "accessories" and "on".

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 4:56 AM, Batsphinx said:

I believe we fixed this in a recent internal build - and it actually may already be fixed in the weather build :)

Many thanks for the continued ideas that are going into this thread by the way guys. Please keep them coming.

Fantastic! I can finally put my Medicine Cabinets where they would actually belong! Thank you for fixing that!

9 minutes ago, sodogewow said:

874. I think someone already suggest it before, but what about blocking doors with the furniture so no one can open them from the other side? IIRC doors are always open in one direction.

I think doors in Zomboid also one in one side, but indeed, you can open them even if something is standing behind them.

880. Give us the ability to clean bloodstains with more than just mops. I fail to see why sponges or even rags wouldn't work just as well.

881. Ice Cream Sundaes! We've got ice cream. We've got bowls. We've got nuts and cherries. Let us throw them all together and create an ice cream sundae to chase the post-apocalypse blues away! Some syrups (chocolate, caramel, and strawberry) and whipped cream (EDIT: and sprinkles!) wouldn't go amiss either.

Edited by Octopus
Sprinkles!

5 hours ago, Octopus said:

880. Give us the ability to clean bloodstains with more than just mops. I fail to see why sponges or even rags wouldn't work just as well.

You can also use a bath towel and dish towel to clean bloodstains. I agree with the sponge and rags though.

882 - Can we modify vehicles so they can burn and take damage when they aren't occupied?  Right now my go to for clearing out an area is to drive a car with sirens around, collecting a hoard, park it in large open area somewhere, run off and hide, let the zombies mass around it in their thousands, and throw in a Molotov.  Works great for killing a few thousand zombies with-out needing to risk too much but the first time I did this I was more than happy for the car to go, instead it's in perfect condition, no damage from a thousand zombies clawing it, no damage from the fire.  While I love the mechanic it is a little bit over powered that you don't even lose the vehicle (either through the fire or the zombies crushing it, they don't even break the windows like they do when you're inside it).

I did a search to see if this was suggested elsewhere but couldn't find anything, sorry if it's already been suggested.

Also, just in case no one has seen this before (although this was done with admin on as the server was lagging hard due to, we think, a path finding issues with zombies stuck in the mall near by):

Edited by Chained_Phoenix
Added a number

883 - When choppers come and hover above you they drop supplies.  That way, sure you have a massive horde of zombies to deal with but if you can take them out, supplies!  Maybe even have them announce over the radio where they are going to be and when then you have to try to get there before the supplies are taken by other survivors (don't have to see them, just if you get there late it will empty supply containers).   If you get there before the choppers arrive you can wait at the spot and when they arrive the sound can be centralised around a spotlight from the sky (so just a very bright circle of light) where the supplies are going to be dropped after a few minutes.  Obviously this would pull in zombies like the normal choppers do when they hover over you but at least you can get some sort of reward out of all the chaos.

884. Scars after injury heals up.

885. when getting cut on broken glass it should be called "Cut" instead of "scratched" since it can confuse you into thinking you got scratched by a zombie.

886.  Gauze as another medical item to help hold the pressure of a wound injury you get.

887. Grasshopper as a valid bait item to catch birds since I have seen American Robins feed grasshoppers to its nest of baby birds.

888. Cold medicine item to cure colds if you cant find any medical plants when foraging.

889. Nutritionist magazine a way to identify nutrition values on a food item without getting the the nutritionist trait.

8 hours ago, Burger_Time said:

It's a good idea, but only for singleplayer. In MP this will be just another reason to kill someone.

Certainly if it's added it should be a multiplayer server option (as in choppers give supplies on/off).  Some multiplayer servers are all co-op or they may want the competition.  You could even use it as a way to even it out if you could pick the choppers target.

7 hours ago, Tails said:

889. Nutritionist magazine a way to identify nutrition values on a food item without getting the the nutritionist trait.

Maybe even include it as part of the Cooking skill. Say, level X you learn the nutrition values of foods that aren't considered as "packaged". Or if having it as a magazine, I'd recommend adding it as a cooking magazine, such as: Good Cooking Magazine Vol. 3

7 hours ago, Tails said:

888. Cold medicine item to cure colds if you cant find any medical plants when foraging.

Since cold medicine isn't particularly "unique" in curing just a cold. Consider cough medicine, to reduce the player coughing. Or include pain as part of having a cold, giving another purpose for painkillers.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently with the darkness "fog", you can turn and look when the windows are rolled down from a vehicle to reveal visually thru the fog... This should be enabled whether or not the windows are open or not...  I understand it's for aiming purposes and you cannot shoot while the window is closed, but this "looking" feature is useful for looking down alleyways, etc...

Perhaps enable the "look" feature, and if you start shooting without rolling down the window, it just gets broken out ???

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread