Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

5 hours ago, sodogewow said:

826. Pushing the furniture without picking it up on the nearby tile.

This is cool. Instead of picking up fridges and sofas and such, pushing after a brief progress bar would be great. And maybe strength and inventory (such as a hand truck or wagon) could speed up the progress bar.

827. Eating yogurt/cereal/soup/etc. with a spoon.

I was eating yogurt today,  and it struck me that it would be a lot more difficult to do without a spoon.  So, I was thinking, what about this: eating most foods is slower and you don't get the full nutrition value from the food-- spillage and whatnot--if you don't have a spoon equipped. If you have a spoon available, you will equip it when eating the appropriate food items

831- Longer TV and radio broadcasts sandbox setting.

832- Pop up headlights on the Chevalier Cossette

833-  Different firearm category skills pistol, shotgun, long rifle ect category

834-  dismantling alarm clocks for parts.

835- Allow male survivor to wear a skirt  to make male survivors look silly lol.

836- Axe should be found in the fire department vehicles and Mccoy logging trucks loot tables as well as fire station.

Fog should hinder out ability to spot zombies instantly. They should appear at least a bit slower on our screen when in our field of view if zombies are further away than 15 or 20 meters or so. They should not even spawn in on our screen when further away than 20 meters.

Same should go for heavy snowfall and heavy snowfall + fog.

Edited by Geras

840. Chance of spilling water – a % chance of water spillage depending on different containers. Currently you can store water in pots and bowls and it never spills even when running with, but the chance should be there even when stored on containers (I can't imagine a box with 20+ bowls full of water not spilling at all.

Some suggestions from the Spanish community! ;) 

Drying around a campfire.

If we get wet from the rain, being able to dry ourselves off near a campfire.

842 (by Blacksmith)

Allow to remove the snow with a shovel.

843 (by matetekali)

Reinforcing certain parts of vehicles with metalwork.

i.e. metal sheets on doors and windows.

844 (by Snake)

Secret stashes on the ground with a shovel (very useful in MP!).

New skill: driving.

On 25/05/2018 at 2:26 AM, Tails said:

Toasters in more houses

You mean there are already toasters in some houses? I have yet to find one!

But yes, I love this. Can I add:

747a: ability to cook jam (from wild berries, Strawberries, found Apples, Peaches etc.) using Empty Jar & Lid, Sugar, water and Lemon. Make Lemons spawn a bit more... (You need a lemon in jam for the pectin to make it set.)

747b: new recipes: Toast and Jam, Toast and Honey, Toast and Eggs, Jam Sandwich. Jam could also be used on cakes!

6 hours ago, bpdlr said:

You mean there are already toasters in some houses? I have yet to find one!

I have never found a toaster in any houses. only that appliance store in Muldraugh

Edited by Tails

846: Add a (Stale) tag to perishable foods that have gone stale. OR, add 'Perishable' tag to perishable foods in their mouseover tooltips.

Reasoning being that it would allow the player to directly tell whether a food is perishable or not without having to find a fresh or rotten version of the same item, having to interpret unhappiness and boredom maluses, or resort to the wiki.

848: visible cues of zombie strength/wasting

When animations come out, I assume there will be some sort of underweight/overweight visual cue on the models.

With that assumption in mind, I think enabling zombie decay should do things like overlay zombie textures over time to make them lose even more colour, and/or visibly reduce their mass to show which ones have been weakened by time.

My spin off this great post:

849:

Zed combat behaviour

Combat in the game is presently one-dimensional due to limited combat tactics as well as limited zed behaviour. Adding a zed ability wherein zed groans can attract other zeds would make it more difficult to single out zombies from hordes, thus mitigating the presently OP "lure them off and kill them one at a time" strategy.

(I imagine combat tactics are changing when anims drop, but zed behaviour adds another needed dimension)

850:

Zeds vs. Structures. 

Presently one zed with enough time on it's hands can trash any structure in the game. Sorry, I know I have seen this before, but need to amplify it when I see it said elsewhere: a zed-quantity damage "gate" would add so much to the dame. If too few zeds are around a structure, damage does not go through to it, despite their attacks. Only if too many zeds are present does ALL of their damage go through, meaning enough zeds can quickly tear down a fortress.

This would add SO MUCH to the game and help diversify playthroughs.

(I find that I kill all zeds all the time, as each is a threat; given the option, I know I would be lazy and let them build up, forcing me to fight larger groups more frequently. This would also add value to proposition 849.)

Edited by trombonaught

On 09/07/2018 at 11:42 AM, Dubster said:

846: Add a (Stale) tag to perishable foods that have gone stale. OR, add 'Perishable' tag to perishable foods in their mouseover tooltips.

Reasoning being that it would allow the player to directly tell whether a food is perishable or not without having to find a fresh or rotten version of the same item, having to interpret unhappiness and boredom maluses, or resort to the wiki.

On 22/03/2017 at 4:08 PM, Faalagorn said:

394. Add a "Stale" suffix to food that is in between fresh and rotten, as I suggested before - that way it will be obvious at a first glance that this item should be eaten quick or put in a fridge, especially for newcomers who might not realize which foods can rot.

Great minds think alike ;)

On 10/07/2018 at 4:02 AM, sodogewow said:

847: DVD players and discs which can help you learn different skills when tv broadcasts ain't working anymore.

DVD weren't there back in 1993 but I think there was mention of VHS players somewhere.

Edited by Faalagorn

On 7/10/2018 at 2:15 PM, trombonaught said:

848: visible cues of zombie strength/wasting

When animations come out, I assume there will be some sort of underweight/overweight visual cue on the models.

With that assumption in mind, I think enabling zombie decay should do things like overlay zombie textures over time to make them lose even more colour, and/or visibly reduce their mass to show which ones have been weakened by time.

848.  Also, to add to this, it would be nice to have a sandbox option to have some zombies actually get stronger/faster over time.  (maybe they're particularly well fed...)  

849.  You should occasionally spawn with a digital watch.  I know that I had a digital watch in the 90's.  

Edited by grammarsalad
I had another suggestion

851. Time controls (fast-forward, pause, etc.) should return to normal game speed if the button (or hotkey) is pressed again, essentially turning off fast-forward/pause. For example, if the game is in 2x speed then clicking the 2x button (or F5) should return it to 1x speed.  It should be the same with the other speed options, including Pause/F3. This is very minor but would improve fluidity, especially when using hotkeys and accidentally fast-forwarding to the next day instead of returning to normal game speed (which I've done more times than I'd like to admit).

TimeDisplay.jpg 

Image for reference

Hello

• I think it would be cool to find more clues during the game about how the zombie apocalypse started. the clues that are in this moment is good but it would be much better that our character will find notes of other people where they will talk about the city where the first infected appeared.

PD:  sorry for my bad english  :oops:

852. Allow canned Mushroom soup to be used to cook a soup in the pot.

853. Berries as a valid food item bait to catch Squirrels. (maybe Poison Berries will have some good use.)

854. Any fruit and vegetables to catch Rabbits.

855. Raw Fish should be labeled dangerous uncooked since its a meat item.

856. Overdosing on Antidepressants, Beta blockers and Pain killers.

857. Fruit ingredients for the pie recipe.

858. Maps as a fuel for the fires.

Edited by Tails

On 17/07/2018 at 6:22 PM, Dubster said:

Should I be worried that this was suggested a whole 500 suggestions, or 4 months, ago, yet still has not been implemented?

Not really, it was being mentioned in one of the latest thurstoid that they will be nailing bugs down and implementing easy suggestions from this thread in preparation for the animation build. It was also acknowledge that they are being red and possibly noted on the internal tracker, though sadly there's no public list to see what's being considered and what not until we actually see it in-game :(

Edited by Faalagorn
typo

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread