Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

Character speed depends on surface he/she run/walk

( like the same system with vehicles )

Reduce capacity of school benches. It's 50 kg and that's too many for a small table with little container in it..

Items on the floor will burn, if fire reaches them ( at this moment you can save loot from burning by just dropping it on the floor )

Edited by DramaSetter

You shouldn't be able to one-shot zombie with knife, while second hand is not empty.

Stabbing weapons should have chances to fail jaw-stab attack to make it less OP. 

Kitchen - 45% 

Screwdriver - 25%

Hunter Knife - 1%

UPD: Hunter knife also should have more damage for PVP purposes / not jaw-stabbing attacks.

Edited by DramaSetter

It's weird that books and gazettes disappear after reading. I think they should be treated as canned food - read a bit, or a whole if you like, and then be left with paper block that won't give you fun anymore, so you can throw it in the fire as well.

Any crafted electric device should need a battery to work (and they are kinda too quick to build).

Zombies are better at dismantling doors than a player - they always leave a perfect set of hinges, doorknob and boards. That amazes me.

I totally dont get how I can pass the zombie in the window. It should be a guaranteed bite, or just block ability to go through currently used window.

How does one disinfect internal broken bone and how exactly does it help? Weird.

1. Untreaten bullet wounds/deep wounds should kill you after 2-4 days because of blood lose ( if you only applied bandage, of course )

2. Food shouldn't heal you if you got untreaten damages, deep wounds/bullet wounds with only bandage on them ( no sewing and etc ). Note that, applying bandages will still stop HP lose.

3. Firearm headshot should kill you with 90% chance ( 10% - is for low HP level, like it works now ).

Maybe, after surviving headshot, you should with random chances:

1. Fall into coma ( with high chances of dying without  help ofc )

2.  Just faint ( same as coma, but for few minutes/hours )

3. Losе memory ( deletes random hobbie traits/clears out random skill, like all levels ).

Edited by DramaSetter

1. If you wanna sleep in tent - you should firsly walk into it. This also hides you from zombies and enemies ( clears out your nick. Players will be able to check tent, like "open tent" )

2. Staying in tent also protect you from rain, and a liiiittle bit of cold.

3. Ability to store loot in tents. Will have 50 kg capacity. 

You can fill the tent only with 5 kg of items, after that - ability to walk in would be blocked. 

Edited by DramaSetter

I would like some more cohesiveness to how bags and inventory function. For example, if I have a saw in a bag, I can saw logs without removing it (odd). But if I have nails in a bag and I want to add a sheet rope to a window, I can't use nails in my bag or even a nail lying on the ground. It's a basic QOL thing that would make the game a lot smoother. And I think that's tremendously important in a game with a lot of menu inventory management.

1. Ability to clean bandages by using water sources ( sink, river etc )

2. Harnesses. Would be two types: medical and belt. Would stop bleeding after applying, but can be applied only in 1-3 hours, depending on time of year. ( not sure what they should do after that in PZ. Just kill you? Maybe, amputation would be a thing? Please? )

3. You shouldn't be able to stop health loss from bleeding by eating food, only using harnesses.

4. Ability to bury unfilled graves (  1/5 , 3/5 and etc ) for RP/esthetic reasons.

5. New litter items - stitches, bullet, glasshards. You can collect them if you sick bastard, or not. Your choice.

6. You get scars after healing deep wounds. Only cosmetic effect. ( would make more sense with animation overhaul update btw ).

7. You should die because of wound infection with 95% chance, if this is a deep wound/bullet hole.

8. For now, you can sleep inside car even with panic.. I think you get what i mean.

Edited by DramaSetter

• Ability to collect water from sources like rivers and ponds.
  • Digg able wells, take extremely long time to dig, can stop and resume digging.
  • Food sickness damage heavily reduced, just because I ate frozen peas doesn't mean I should die in agony.
  • Increased axe and crowbar durability. Crowbar, infinite durability.
  • Electric fences.
  • Using gas pumps for generators.
  • Table storage.
  • Usable garage doors.
  • Garage door remotes.
  • Walls should block sound from coming in.
  • Bicycles.
  • More detailed crafting items, different measurement pipes, pvc, metal...etc.
  • Different quality and grade axes, with fake brands.
  • Different batteries, AAA...etc.
  • Sharpening tools, and more durable knives and basic weapons.
  • Use everything as a weapon, book, lamp, radio, chair...etc.
  • Typewriters... why not?
  • Rescue out of Exclusion Zone and watch society crumble.
  • Radio events NPC's in the game later on.
  • 80% chance of the CDC taking you out of the exclusion zone as soon as you go outside in Initial Infection.
  • Ability to fuck with helicopters by crashing them.
  • During the First Week and Initial Infection, Louisville, Riverside, Rosewood, Brandenburg...etc. Will be populated with normal people, and eventually overrun.
  • Ability to draw on notebooks.
  • There is a 90% chance that in the Six Months Later or Survival that you start as infected, because the disease became airbourne.
  • Glue and tape and such are more common to find.
  • Can tape papers and newspapers onto the window.
  • Fire can fuck up your skin.
  • 100+ more gun types.
  • Ability to hunt animals and get murdered by bears.
  • Ability to wear leather clothing as biteproof items. Hands, neck, head, foot, legs, and stuff are prone.
  • Pass out due to pain.
  • Die randomly from heart attacks and seizures.
  • Die from too much pain.
  • Trench bases should be possible.

579.  (Darker nights to be more consistent for the indoors) The light for the new "pitch black nights" mode, and i'm assuming the other modes are inconsistent. In the sense that, even if you have lights on it's still really dark. The darkness outside I love cause it makes flashlights more useful and the general atmosphere is cool, but the darkness has basically made it darker inside even with lights on. I just feel like it's too dark, and inconsistent in that it doesn't make a lot of sense why it's dark inside even with a lot of lights.

580. (Flashlights to light through objects that it should be able to). Flashlights seem to function oddly when something is blocking it's sight. I.E. A counter blocking the flashlight's path will block the rest of the light going through.  *edit* Flashlights seem to work through objects now for me. Not sure what was going on, nevermind I guess :P . *edit* Kinda strange sometimes flash lights work well, sometimes they don't. It's like it doesn't work well at certain angles at times.

581. (Voice Comms should travel through two-way radios). 

Edited by EchelontheEyeless

Loot on the floor looks like tiles, instead of pixeleted versions. This sure require a lot of work, but reduce the unrealistic "RPG" feeling for the game.

( inspired by Deputy thread, where he talked about shops, with products on the floor: https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23218-looking-at-the-1992-los-angeles-riots/ )

Metal weapons ( crowbars and more ) have infinity durability ( just like Kennethdio said ), but become crappy after long using ( less damage and "curve" looking model/sprite. I think same system was in Dead Island, but might be wrong ).

Edited by DramaSetter

584. Can the world be made messier to add to the apocalypse feel? To that end:

I wonder if cars could be made to spawn to an angle of rotation that is within a range of 345°-15° from their center, to make parking lots more lived- and chaotic- looking.

For a looted look to shops, maybe more of those clutter textures could be overlayed on tiles in public spaces.

On that note, maybe clutter could add to unhappiness to make you clean out a space if you plan to settle down there. Not sure if clutter can be cleaned atm... if not, that's suggested as well :P

Edited by trombonaught
Alcohol

1. Increase the lenght of character sight a bit. We can only see like 20-30 tiles ( might be less ), why? 

2. x2, x4 and etc sights on guns should increase this even more, so we can snipe out players, loonely walking zombies ( without any reasons ).

3. Players shouldn't die after reaching 0 HP, maybe with a little chance, but even pass out.  

( and die after that because of wounds. ) Chance of initial dying depends on type of wound and place of wound ( head bullet wound - 99% and etc ).

Edited by DramaSetter

586. (Option to bury one person only.)

587. I can't really explain this one quite well..but others who are experiencing it will know what i'm talking about. For example, if you go to the dentist rooms in West Point on the right side..I think it's as if the second story walls block your sight, so you can't really see where you're going. I experience it other places too..I believe it was near the big office building I also experienced it where I just couldn't see where my character was, and where zombies were. I don't know the proper term, field of view? All I know this one is pretty important.. I think it relates to an update done about the walls, but basically sometimes you can't see where you're going at all, or what is there in certain areas cause the walls/roof are blocking the view.

14 hours ago, EchelontheEyeless said:

587. I can't really explain this one quite well..but others who are experiencing it will know what i'm talking about. For example, if you go to the dentist rooms in West Point on the right side..I think it's as if the second story walls block your sight, so you can't really see where you're going. I experience it other places too..I believe it was near the big office building I also experienced it where I just couldn't see where my character was, and where zombies were. I don't know the proper term, field of view? All I know this one is pretty important.. I think it relates to an update done about the walls, but basically sometimes you can't see where you're going at all, or what is there in certain areas cause the walls/roof are blocking the view.

According to EG this has been fixed in vehicle and internal builds. Haven't checked the vehicle build myself.

6 hours ago, DramaSetter said:

1. Increase the weight of bodies. They weight 40kg at this time.. 

It's not kg, the game doesn't use conventional units for weight. My understanding is that "40" value is an abstract unit that considers both weight and size. 

Regarding bodies not filling tiles, I think corpses (and generators, and all objects) are a necessary exception to the rule. If they filled tile space, what would happen to the bodies there was no space for?

I do wish all objects used the move rules of generators and corpses though; not sure how I fit a bookshelf in my hiking bag.

589. Food Prep

Taken from the Vehicles build 26 thread:

1 hour ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

Honestly, if you want to make a stew, you should be given a checkbox (like the foraging menu) or have to build/use a prep table where all the ingredients are laying out on it. There'd be nuances with this, obviously, because you can add items repeatedly and that impacts the final quality.

I also find that cooking could be a little more elegant in design. I understand there were some changes made in the build 26 (main game, not vehicles) but I wasn't around to know what those changes were. I liked Shin's idea above and might expand on it like this:

1. Similar to the present method, right-click on a food item to see your food prep options (prepare salad, stir-fry, etc).

2. After choosing an option, a "grocery/recipe list" comes up. This is a list of all food in range that can be used in the dish you selected (eg. chicken stir-fry also brings up butter, noodles, condiments, etc).

3. You click checkboxes beside the food items to select the ingredients you wish to use. If you have enough of an item to use it multiple times, perhaps after selecting it once it can spawn an additional checkbox to allow you to add more of it (repeating the process until you have no more portions remaining).

3.5 As you click to add more food, the recipe stats (hunger, happiness, etc) update to reflect your current selection.

4. You click a button at the bottom of the recipe list, something like "prepare." This triggers a progress bar with timing scaled to be proportional to the number of ingredients you are preparing.

5. Once you have a prepared dish, you can still right-click on it to reopen the recipe list and add more food to it.

This process isn't radically different from what we have now, but it cuts the number of food-prep clicks in half (no more reopening the context menu for each item). It also gets rid of the start-and-stop progress bars invoked by the multiple item adds we have now.

I don't know how hard it would be to code in that recipe list, but if done it would save the cooks of Knox County plenty of tediousness!

Edited by trombonaught

1. Delete possibility to place log walls on the hard surface ( only on dirt ). Why? Because to place them, you need to dig the small hole first, but how  do you manage to do that with concrete? And same system for usual walls with one exeption: if you wanna place them on hard surface, you will do that, but it will consume +2 planks and few nails, because you need to craft support near it.

Edited by DramaSetter

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread