Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

456. Vision behind buildings is very problematic and annoying.

The default way vision works is that every wall which is facing the opposite side of the camera is black, and when player steps behind it, there is a limited globe around the player in which he can see... why? It makes no sense, it's unrealistic and a poor gameplay choice. It means that the player can only see very little in front of him and only because the camera is set that way.

The character should have a clear vision as if it's supposed to be his POV, not the camera's that matters. Just like everything that's behind the character usually fades darker and you can't see zombies where character isn't facing.

Examples:

sVgOsvJ.jpg

WuitTRE.jpg

SCv8tyc.jpg

In the first image, very little can be seen, all though the character should be able to see down that whole wall.

In the second image, the player is a bit too far away from the walls, so his globe doesn't reach them and thus he is blind for that part of the walls.

The third image is the best example. The player shouldn't be able to see behind him, but he should be able to see all the way in front along those walls. Yet, that isn't the case.

Please, fix it ASAP. I haven't been noticing it that much, but as I began to play better and do riskier stuff, go into town/city more and got better feel of mechanics, this just feels broken.

My solution would be to have this portion of the wall about 75%-85% transparent, and the color either gray, dark blue-gray or the color of the wall itself (other walls that the camera can see).

EDIT: Sorry if this reply is too long and/or if the suggestion is not a "small" one, I just didn't want to make another thread just for this, but I will do it if you feel like I should.

Edited by Snaiper

On 6/28/2017 at 2:00 PM, Snaiper said:

The character should have a clear vision as if it's supposed to be his POV, not the camera's that matters.

Great summary to this problem. The immersion of seeing full buildings is great, but is broken when the player realizes "wait I'm blinded by these walls and rooftops."

I'm imagining this is a midway point in the camera development and that there are no plans to keep it this way.

On 6/28/2017 at 5:00 PM, Snaiper said:

In the first image, very little can be seen, all though the character should be able to see down that whole wall.

In the second image, the player is a bit too far away from the walls, so his globe doesn't reach them and thus he is blind for that part of the walls.

The third image is the best example. The player shouldn't be able to see behind him, but he should be able to see all the way in front along those walls. Yet, that isn't the case.

Please, fix it ASAP. I haven't been noticing it that much, but as I began to play better and do riskier stuff, go into town/city more and got better feel of mechanics, this just feels broken.

My solution would be to have this portion of the wall about 75%-85% transparent, and the color either gray, dark blue-gray or the color of the wall itself (other walls that the camera can see).

EDIT: Sorry if this reply is too long and/or if the suggestion is not a "small" one, I just didn't want to make another thread just for this, but I will do it if you feel like I should.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The update to be able to see the roof was great but there are a few major pen-and-paper problems with not being able to see what's behind them without running up to them.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Because of this problem it is very easy to get a bullet, while not even knowing where it came from.

On 29.06.2017 at 0:00 AM, Snaiper said:

• 1 month later...

ANIMATION OVERHAUL UPDATE RELATED.

1. In previous animation video we can see that corpses near walls and other stuff is looks kinda weird https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiUy7ljuVwc&index=13&list=PLfbBovtF3ArAWLpkayQUqMEG9BJT_LJjg ( 0:43 ). I propose system from Hotline miami, when someon got killed near wall it just appears special sprite. Same with PZ, just add special animation for that ( maybe you already did this, i do not know )

2. Will we see more 90s with this update, like tec-9 ( with possibility to remake it to full - auto ), maybe classic UZI and micro UZI? ( and handmade connected clips to speed up reloading ). 

Edited by DramaSetter

1.dunno if this is is possible but its a little detail that'd be kinda cool. If you smack a zombie in the head while facing a window, and the zombies killed, itd be cool to see it fall back and smash through the window.

2. it'd be kinda cool, although again dunno if it could be done, is if u plow ur car into a wall at high speeds u could fly out the windscreen and get knocked out, and then wake up later. (yeah I know cars aren't in build 38 but I dunno where else to put this so here it goes

Realistic nerf for the shotguns.

Shotguns shouldn't kill more than 1 person at shot.

Shotguns should be a good weapon for character without "firearm aim skill" because it's easy to hit the object with shotgun ammo. 

Yes, i know that this is already ingame ( chance to hit without skill is high ) but need to be a little bit higher, for balance.

Shotgun ammo should hit target at high distance at least with one pellet ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38a7L60SLJs ) 

Also, all firearms in my opinion should have 100 or at least 95 ( hello to the fallout / fallout 2 ) chance to hit when you stay close near your target, not depended on your firearm aim. 

Do not say me that this will make shotguns useless. They too OP in current version and this need to be nerfed. If shotguns will kill max 1 person at once, but don't require high aim, this will just another good update to the good game.

Just a simple (well on paper it's simple at least) suggestion from a somewhat "long" time player (212h so far since Nov last year) :

I know there was a "minimap" suggestion before but... 

459. A little display of the street names or a compass/GPS ?

I mean, something like for the digital watch that you'd have to find to use of course...

Just a display of a street name or cardinal points coordinates so we don't have to describe the surrounding all the times to other players ?

"Where are you ?"
"I'm at Spiffo's on the 212th"

or

"my coordinates are 454N / 554E"

instead of the general

"well, there's a red house where I am and bushes...And Zombies..."

not sure if it was mentioned before but it really annoys me...

460:  add a possibility (like a check box to select etc) that if you are dismanteling an electronic item, the items you get from it don't spam in your inventory but drop on the floor (like when you are destroying a door) 

It's really annoying to remove all the stuff from INV when you are only doing this to get the EXP - if you want to get the items you could select an option to get the items back in your inventory for example or something like this

461: cross-using of skills - like metall 3 AND carpentry 4 are needed to build XY etc...

also for later:   metall + electric could be used for repairing of cars, so no need of mechanic skill

462: better use of the crafting menue UI:  "Wash clothing" is great in theorie but you can't select the item you want to clean, so it would be great to make the item you want to clean selectable at the UI in the crafting menue ame as it is for cooking f.ex. -

this would also make it possible to

463:  clean-up the crafting menue: "Open Packet of XY seeds" could be only 1 entry instead for every seed 1 entry - the same with "Put XY Seeds in Packet"  - also lots of cooking recepts could be cleaned up that way, the 100 "dismanteling entrys..." could be deald with etc... would greatly improve the usability of the crafting UI

Edited by King-Salomon

466. Lack of sleep; side effects or unconsciousness.

On 15/08/2017 at 0:07 AM, DramaSetter said:

Realistic nerf for the shotguns.

Shotguns shouldn't kill more than 1 person at shot.

Shotguns should be a good weapon for character without "firearm aim skill" because it's easy to hit the object with shotgun ammo. 

Yes, i know that this is already ingame ( chance to hit without skill is high ) but need to be a little bit higher, for balance.

Shotgun ammo should hit target at high distance at least with one pellet ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38a7L60SLJs ) 

Also, all firearms in my opinion should have 100 or at least 95 ( hello to the fallout / fallout 2 ) chance to hit when you stay close near your target, not depended on your firearm aim. 

Do not say me that this will make shotguns useless. They too OP in current version and this need to be nerfed. If shotguns will kill max 1 person at once, but don't require high aim, this will just another good update to the good game.

Shotguns have already had quite a lot of work done on them, including a lot of input from a weapons expert.

On 8/18/2017 at 5:28 PM, grammarsalad said:

458. Hot-wire cars with the electricity skill

Sounds like a good idea.

467. Hot Wiring. If you're not good at it or you don't know how (don't have the trait for a mechanic/electricity or not enough skills yet) then the car alarm will have a chance to go off or you'll have to try and do it all over again. Also I think that crowbars should be needed if you want to let's say, pry open a car door or something simmilar. Maybe, something that I've actually tried on a 70's car door and worked. Use a clip and a pen, skill level 2 or 3 for mechanic or thief. Something like that.  It would make searching offices much more fruitful and would give meaning to an object that in game doesn't seem to be used or searched for too much. 

468. Car parts and upgrades. Has it ever happened to you to be in the middle of a zombie horde and your ignition to die out ? Nobody likes that, so here's some tips and tricks. A workshop bench is needed for this one btw (you'll have to also gather some tools in order to interact with it or add to it). You should be able to repair faulty engine parts at first with duck-tape and other items, but those won't last long and your fuel will dry out faster. As your engineer skill progresses you'll be able to repair your car way easier than before, adding to it spikes (at first in form of wood planks placed with wire and with nails stuck in them. Later on you can upgrade your vehicle to have spikes or a front bumper made out of metal sheets, reducing the damage that hitting a corpse would do to your car. You should be able to customize it a bit more with paint if that's to happen (mechanic shops are kind of boring and finding car parts, tape, paint spray and such would really bring some more flavor).

469. Armour. Bites, scratches, one of it and your chances of survival fall to almost nothing. It's hard, ain't it ? Bugs, too many zombies, or a zombie that likes to scare you out of a scary corner ? We've got you covered now.

First of all, newspaper/magazine + tape armor= reduces the speed of the player but the chances of bites go down significantly. Scratches can still be achieved but fall just a tiny bit lower. 

Secondly, leather or thick clothing armor= defends the player from bite wounds and scratches and thus the chance for both is lowered. 

Firefighter/Kevlar/Army clothing= defends the player from most bites and scratches, speed is lowered a bit.

Makeshift metal armor= version 1 -speed and weight take it's tools but you've got less chances to be infected.

version 2 -speed and weight barely suffer changes, the player can move much more easier, resistant to most bites and scratches.

(For armors when in mp or vs npc players bullet resistance increases depending on the armor (bleeding, minor and medium damage can be discussed by the Devs and added depending on the armor and skills of shooter.)

470. Crashed vehicle spawns on streets, not only on the highways. The apocalypse was there, someone must of drove and succumbed to the virus, right ? Car crashes from time to time, burnt cars, you name it. Make it as if panic ensued soon after. Might also present a challenge for players when driving. 

471. Driving skills. Easier to take turns depending on your driving skills. Driving skill books should be able to be found in certain areas as in: sometimes in homes, libraries, bookstores, mechanic shops, police offices. 

472. More paintings, posters and things that can be used as a decoration in the level editor. (This is just something minor, update the TileZed with the new Riverside Sprites (store signs).

473. M16, silencer, machete, weapon animations that don't use the bat animation but use their own animation. I saw a video of the M16 a few months ago being used to head-butt a zombie in the head, along with a spear. Also, please add the ability to see backpacks on the character and the issue of sometimes when walking to see different parts of clothing showing the body when walking. (do they mean to represent that you are dirty ? I saw it even in build 36 before).

474. The ability to built over 7 story buildings. Can we fix this or find an engine that can let us build more than that please ? I think you thought about it in regards to the Louisville map.

475. The ability to use stair-like structures to make ramps for bridges, car parks etc ( They could be 9x tiles in 3x3 parts or such and maybe act as a roof/road). This would mean the ability to build bridges that go above, or trams that go above a street, not to mention bridges on which the player can run on and see the city and explore it. Different ramps, and such, parking lots could become a possibility also and it would give way to more creativity from both the Dev's and the community.

Thank you for all of your hard work and I hope that an idea from here might get the lucky card and be picked! Keep rocking and never give up :3

18 minutes ago, jinoz said:

476: Ropes

Allow us to use Ropes on windows to climb just like the Sheet Rope does.

(and add a degradation "on use" so they don't last forever).

But usual ropes already works like sheet ropes. Am i wrong?

More variety of poisons. Some kind would decrease character statistic ( strentgh, stamina etc ), some kind would give you "poor vision" ( like that trait ), some kind would apply schizoid effect on your screen ( mushrooms and other drugs. )

On 8/24/2016 at 4:43 PM, NebNebber said:

I gots another one.

So, your only weapon is close to breaking, the zombie goes down, wouldnt you rather stomp on it instead of using the last few hits of your precious nail bat. 

Prehaps you could press 'E' to stomp as a kind of secondary attack on a downed zombie.

You can already do this using spacebar...

Fruit and vegetables are not exclusive from each other in salads! You can have both!

Or in many other things we can make, for that matter. Ever had pineapple in your rice? Goes great! 

Also, ain't nothing as American as... meat pie? Yes, I understand, European. And yes, I have been using the current recipe to make the best Shepard's pie known to man. However we need some classic fruit pies to bake.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

7 hours ago, jinoz said:

Wait, they do? :o

Last time I checked I didn't see the option, my bad if they already work that way :D

They do. Game don't offer a specific option for standards rope, it's exactly the same sentence as for sheet rope (could be confusing). Game use them preferably to sheet rope if you get them in main inventory.

8 hours ago, trombonaught said:

You can already do this using spacebar...

Yeah, i learned this from posting that suggestion. However for me its not spacebar as i have that set to 'ready weapon'/sneak as i find it more comfortable.

I also recently learned about the 1,2,3 hot keys for equipping weapons.

Funny to still learn after 300+ hours.

Small but important suggestion :  is there no in game maps/annotated maps avaliable for the Mall area? There should be altho iv never found one, is this considered part of West Point or does it have another name?

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread