Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

398. Give some explanation (tooltip?) to "Music Library" option item

399. Allow to add secondary binding in key configuration option menu

400. Add a weight to digital watch, but make it equipable such as clothing. Arguably only having a wristband clock should show the hour, while having to check it on other, making it kinda mandatory to find at one point

401. (realistic reloading) List magazine in a gun as an attachment, so you can see if it's inside a gun upon hover

402. (realistic reloading) Give reloading experience also for chambering a round and loading a magazine (pistol)

403. This one might be controversial, but move reloading option to world creation menu, hardcore being default in survival.

404 Not Found :P. it would be nice if pistols could spawn without a magazine, with chambered round or with different amount of ammo in them randomly

P.S. Sorry for triple posting, but seeing as time has passed and people read my first suggestion, the latter one might get missed, as it won't get marked as separate post. If EDIT method is preferred, let me know!

405. Annotated map should also include region name, for example "Muldraugh Map - annotated" or similar

406. Allow us to rename the maps

407. Take Fuel action should use empty gas cans first. Also, why not to use the same menu as filling water from taps?

408. Ability to use matches/lighter from bag to smoke cigarettes (I thought I saw that idea somewhere too, but I couldn't find it, so maybe not?)

409. It's really hard for me to use the radial temperature dial in ovens properly. How about clicking instead of turning?

410. Ability to unlock (but not open) doors from the inside. It seems that it is currently possible only if you have keys. It would be nice to not having to open the door potentially risking getting seen by zombies, only if you want to unlock the doors for future.

411. Restructurize Skill menu a little bit - move Firearms skills above crafting skills and merge Survival and Crafting (they are very similar anyway, for example Farming is in Crafting while Trapping in survival, and they are arguably very similar skills - that way all the skills that can be improved with books will be grouped together separately from weapon skills

412. Open Canned Beans should be used in evolved recipe

413. Use the same highlight color for highlighting doors (when hovering a key) as the one chosen for highlightng containers

414. Meat shouldn't be found on "ICE" freezers at the gas station. I think it should only spawn with cold pack and maybe some icecreams

In no particular order, as I'm basically dumping most of my suggestions from my loose google keep note (though the formatting is better here):

415. Remember the uncovered fog of war in game saves. Currently when loading a save, you have to do a full 360-degree turn to not be surrounded by complete darkness (even if you only go back to menu for a short time).

416. Allow to open (and close) open-able windows with broken glass - after all, all you have to do is to put your hand inside carefully. It should be quieter than removing broken glass and don't require to have a weapon, but the broken glass should still be there in the event someone close the window again.

417. Show more detailed weight in item tooltips. Currently a lot of item have less than 0.1 weight are shown as 0.0 weight and for the ones that have something in between the weight is rounded. Since we have a vastly improved weight system at least in some aspects (dynamic consumables weight and more and more items with weight less than 0.1) it would be nice to have the weight show the two trailing numbers everywhere 

418. Ability to remove auto-drinking. It is annoying when you want to fill containers with water and your character drinks from it at random intervals. It's also annoying to be low on water, when you need it for making a coffee/soup/stew that would satiate your thirst afterwards, or you prefer to use the water for watering crops, first.

419. Something to allow "for Beginners" and "for Intermediates" books to sort better. Renaming them would work, but a universal name have to be made. It's a little annoying to search through books where "Advanced", "Expert" and "Master" books are mixed with all the names.

420. At least some of the partially eaten food should spoil quicker - after all, you opened the package (for example Milk) and/or a half eaten fruits/vegetables tend to spoil quicker

421. Put items marked as favorite on top of your inventory.

422. Recipes should use items from inventory first. If you have any Sheets in your inventory but you want to use (zombie) clothing for sheet ropes, you have to totally remove Sheets from your inventory.

423. Add Sunflower Seeds to recipes

424. Light bulbs should have a chance to break (be drainable?) - that would give more use to found lightbulbs as well as the ones "stolen" (removed) ones from other light sources ;)

425. Socks weight is too low - especially when compared to underwear.

426. Add money as a fire starter - that would give wallets some new use (that require a new item for money, though)

427. Open Canned Soup is currently the only soup that have no thirst values.

428. When we are on cans, the cans should be renamed to "Opened whatever", as I loosely suggested back in nutrition test.

429. Ability to put another piece of sheet to doors with two windows (or doors with one big window), as well as long windows.

430. Packaged versions of fruits, vegetables and meat available sometimes in addition to non-packaged ones. Packaged version would have longer experiation time and visible nutrition values

431. Non-packaged fruits, vegetables meats and food found through farming/scavenging/trapping etc. to have somewhat-random weight, hunger and calories. I think fish work that way already, though I've never fished yet. It would make taking nutrition trait more useful, as you would have hard time figuring the correct nutrition for them. Ideally it'd not be 1:1 ratio with weight, as some food are just more nutritious, even if they weight more else or vice versa.

432. Ability to equip a weapon from a backpack via a keybind shortcut. It should take longer to do so (unpacking + equipping).

433. Falling more than three storeys is always fatal -  if it's indeed 100%, make it around 95-99%, similar how bite works - with a small chance, players can take a risk jumping over a certain death in otherwise certain death situations

434. That may be controversial as well, but make it so characters forget recipes learnt from magazines. That way profession will have more incentive to be taken instead and slow/fast reader have more penalty/usefulness in the end game. Also you have incentive to take magazines with you, not read and throw on sight in single player

434. Change "BBQ Info" to "Settings" - same string as is used for ovens

435. The possible items dropped by zombies are sometimes unrealistic currently. Someone mention that containers dropped by them should have some loot inside and I think it's great idea (such as shopping bags with rotten food, purses with cosmetics, schoolbags with pencil, papers and maybe books, dufflebags with semi-random items). Currently zombies always drop 20 cigarettes, but the items should be random (it's not always have to be a full pack). Currently it is weird that the zombies have walkie talkies, pencils and papers directly in their pockets, but you never find any food (even rotten) or self-defense items other than pistols and axes in them.

436. Remove the "passing out" and "back injury" tooltips from moodles until they are really implemented, as these may confuse people. Only list whatever is currently implemented.

437. Someone mentioned it before, but I'll repost and improve to make it clear - ability to remove batteries (and headphones) connected to radios and walkie talkies via right clicking them. The current way of removing batteries isn't bad and should stay in addition to right click context menu, but is hard to acccess for new players.

438. I'm not sure about this, but how about visual indication to emitted sound? IIRC Commandos games had it implemented. That may be unrealistic, but on the other hand it would be a nice indicator to how much noise each action is making for troubleshooting

EDIT:

439. You can have bandages on your healed wound that weight nothing, but on the other hand you can't bandage without having a wound (extra "Storage")

EDIT2: Mostly my unimplemented last year name changes - dunno if these are small suggestions or bugs, but for now I'll post them here, as they are vastly lost from my year old build 34 post + there's a few more:

440. Stir fry -> Stir Fry - Reported it before, but for some reason it was missed when the changes were implemented

441. Crappie Fish -> Crappie, to match all other fishes. Also reported, it back there

442. Tuna -> Canned Tuna; Open Tin of Tuna -> Open Canned Tuna - unless it wants to be kept that way, to match all other cans (tinned tuna is an older item in game, that's why it's called as such I think). Can is more of American spelling, while Tin is British, so Can could fit the game more - it's also from my old post

443. Candycane, Icecream, Melted Icecream -> Candy Cane, Ice Cream and Melted Ice Cream - I think these are the more common spelled - also an old post

444. LightBulb -> Light Bulb (full list of variants in my old post), or at least "Lightbulb" if you'll decide to stick to no space

445. Tooth Brush -> Toothbrush, Tooth Paste -> Toothpaste

Edited by Faalagorn
EDIT2

• 1 month later...

449: Skill Books for Blunt/Blade Maintenance skills.

450: Possibly add a skill book that increases that permanent modifier you receive on character creation for a certain skill. Raising it only one step from your starting modifier after reading (.25 > .75 modifier, .75 > 1.0 and so on)

450a: I only really hope to see this specifically in the agility tree of skills, because they seem like the skills that would have the most reasonable impact. Having a magazine full of pointers about proper execution and practice does go a long way how well you can progress or train.

451: (Potentially combine with 450) Teaching other people in skill levels you possess for temporary modifier bonuses like the books give. (This would also help teach those illiterate characters :-D)

451a. Do or don't make them stack with the skill book modifiers. If they don't stack give obvious benefits and drawbacks to using either.

(451 for me adds a very interesting way to interact with other players and potentially later NPCs if you don't plan to stick together or work together in the long term.)

Edited by Savenger
Less Clutter, Easier visability

Great Ideas guys and zombies!

452. Dig a hole funeral to bury dead zombies or players inside.

453. Construct wormwood to discard spoiled food and make earthworm humus.

454. I suggest adding noise when stepping on twigs to give a better emotion in having to dodge even in stealth mode, also to warn us of possible zombies. (I mentioned earlier on following topic)

Edited by Jean Wellington
Idea added

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I do not want to write here, there's a lot. With your permission just throw a link to the post idea.

Sorry, I do not know much English, so it's hard for me to understand what's on the forum and where to add, maybe I was wrong.

Hi, I've just a fast sugestion, I don't have much time to check if it was mentioned by someone already.

I've just realised that If there is a radio receiver in police/park ranger/military police vehicle/ambulance car, there should be this wired microphone they're using to communicate with each other and base. I've no idea how could it work when you driving so maybe it should be used by a passeneger?

I hope you understand what im trying to tell, sorry im a foreigner, and my english may be a little bit odd.

Also, are NPCs going to be able to use vehicles? I mean on their own, without help of player?  

On 5/21/2017 at 8:55 AM, Crossbow7734 said:

Hi, I've just a fast sugestion, I don't have much time to check if it was mentioned by someone already.

I've just realised that If there is a radio receiver in police/park ranger/military police vehicle/ambulance car, there should be this wired microphone they're using to communicate with each other and base. I've no idea how could it work when you driving so maybe it should be used by a passeneger?

I hope you understand what im trying to tell, sorry im a foreigner, and my english may be a little bit odd.

Also, are NPCs going to be able to use vehicles? I mean on their own, without help of player?  

I understand what you mean.

Currently HAM radios can be used by players to communicate in private over long distances. They both connect to the same frequency, and then anything typed into local chat is transmitted over the radio to anyone else on the same frequency. It makes sense for service vehicles to have their own frequencies. 

Radio content could be added to them for the first day or so of the quarantine, as law enforcement around the area attempts to restore order.

As for NPCs using vehicles, you probably won't get an answer on that. The developers aren't presently discussing them until animations have released. However, I was watching an old podcast with the developers from a few years ago and one of them mentioned that NPCs would use roads as walking paths while looting, so I suppose it's possible for them to be able to drive on them? No telling yet.

I think NPC will use cars for very easy trips, and of course they will not drive the car masterly, maybe just to get there on the road from the beginning of the city to the end.

On 21.05.2017 at 4:55 PM, Crossbow7734 said:

37 minutes ago, Crossbow7734 said:

Just another vehicles idea: emergency services cars should be able to turn on the sirens and lights to make noise and attract zeds from far away, also some cars should have alarm that will activate if you try to open it without proper key. 

I don't know how popular car alarms were in the 90s but it could be a thing. Maybe on the newest cars in the game.

Sirens should totally be the same, as well as an electrician mod to add your own sirens to a car.

I think all cars should have the opportunity to beep, just the police cars and ambulances, there should be a beep in the form of a siren

9 hours ago, Crossbow7734 said:

Just another vehicles idea: emergency services cars should be able to turn on the sirens and lights to make noise and attract zeds from far away

• 3 weeks later...

Really,reeally sorry for tripple post,but i REEALLY want developers to see that! ( If RJ only checks this thread )

GRAVES 

1. Option to write names on crosses by using chalk and read it by RMB ( RMB > Read name > "Dude who still waits for NPC" )

2. Sound for digging  graves

3. Opportunity to  bury unfilled grave / left unburied fulled grave

4. Visible corpses in graves ( Only if there 5 corpses  )

6. Make collision for the pits,so we can't walk on the air. ( we still can walk across small line. See screenshot to understand )

7. Hotkey for grabbing nearest corpse and drop it ( Z, for example )

8. Fly sound still appears from graves,even if they buried.

9. Add fly sound to Zeds ( Not only corpses )

10. Lower the distance and volume of Flies sound

SANDBOX

8. Sandbox option "Time to get wounded"

This option set how quickly you get damage from zombies

( None, Slow , Normal , Fast , Instantly )

None - You only lose health from zombie punches

Instanlty - You never get "Zombie punches" , only bittes and scrathes.

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread