Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

14 hours ago, Unghin said:

292. Add winter ambience sounds, becouse one of the Zomboid's features - good and detailed ambience. But if I reach winter - nothing will change - still nice summer sounds.

Other than wind, what would there be in winter? I agree that bugs buzzing and birds chirping aren't very realistic in winter.

294. Should not be able to eat frozen food while frozen. Can you imagine trying to eat a frozen potato or cabbage?

295. Re-word combining units of wire. Right now it says 'pour into' which doesn't make much sense when combining two units of wire. (side note with this: I noticed that when combining items in your inventory the green progress bar in your inventory does not go away. To remedy this you need to move it to a container or backpack then back to your inventory).

296. Large propane tanks that we can fill small BBQ propane tanks from.

Large propane tanks are quite common in rural areas as they are often used for home heating.

With the addition of metal working, metal workers are limited to their ability to find propane - which is a finite resource on the map. It is the only profession that is limited in this way. Carpentry, cooking, farming, first aid, fishing, electrician, foraging, trapping, etc all have renewable resources.

11 hours ago, Unghin said:

Yes, at least remove of summer time ambient. And add for example sounds of passing on snow, and yes winter wind it should sound different of other seasons.

Id also like this. Like in The Long Dark. I love the atmospherics of that game

I am sorry if this has been mentioned already, but:

298. Increase the weight of ripped sheets or decrease the weight of banadage/ adhesive plasters to make bandages a better option than ripped sheets. Bearing in mind the weight items that create ripped sheets, a weight like 0.2 would be more representative. More picky still, adhesive plasters could be dropped to 0.05 but make them unable to put on large wounds?

299. Adhesive plasters and first aid kid bandages should start sterilized.

300. Thirdly, it should be possible to sterilize bandages and ripped sheets by boiling them

Edited by Rickyroughneck

301. Make it so storage-type furniture item stacking is handled differently; currently, if a cardboard box was spawned as part of a stack (as one crate on top of another, that is), it will not only be impossible to put it on top of another cardboard box or a crate, but also to just put it on the floor/ground, leading to them hovering in the air.

302. Allow smaller cardboard boxes to be moved with items still in them, the trade-off being that you have to carry them like you would generators or corpses.

Edited by MonaMoonlight
Edited for clarity

Sorry if this has already been requested, but something I'd really love to see is...

305. Volume sliders for gunshots, house alarms, and maybe even meta events? Alarms and gunshots especially are just obscenely loud in comparison to the rest of the game and I often have to lower my volume because of it.

308. Currently, sawing logs in one square while standing in another moves them to your square, without picking them up. This means you can stack planks in a single square in amounts far in excess of the tile weight limit. Keeping the planks in the original square, or moving them to your inventory, would fix this.

309. Tea with milk? Not all of us are heathens who add sugar to tea

310. Ability to assign ground attack and non-ground attack to separate buttons. This might also work as a more 'hardcore' setting, forcing you to decide when to use one or the other (and not panic at the wrong time!)

311. Ability to see which window/ledge we are set to climb over, or prioritizing of certain options. I have several times fallen when climbing from the double hotel windows, or climbing over the edge in the NE warehouse when trying to leave the south-facing window, or climbing through the window with the jagged glass, rather than the adjacent window I just cleared.

7 hours ago, Rida said:

311. Ability to see which window/ledge we are set to climb over, or prioritizing of certain options. I have several times fallen when climbing from the double hotel windows, or climbing over the edge in the NE warehouse when trying to leave the south-facing window, or climbing through the window with the jagged glass, rather than the adjacent window I just cleared.

I really like this one. If I may add, it could be done the way, that when one presses and holds "E" that part of the window/fence is highlighted, and character climbs only when "E" is released.

312. Have Erosion take hold of player made objects. Vegetation never grows on my log/plank walls, cracks never show up, etc.

313. When painting a container, the color should also show up on the container icon in your inventory window.

314. Paint signs on doors, crates, etc.

• Option to choose how high on a wall we paint a sign. I recently placed a sign on a wall, but a piece of furniture half blocked the sign. I would have just put the sign above the furniture in the large open area that was available. Instead I half covered the sign where my character decided to put it.

315. When a sheet rope covers multiple floors and there is a window along its path (for example the sheet rope goes from the 3rd floor to the ground level and along the way it passes directly in front of a window on the 2nd floor) allow us to use the sheet rope from the 2nd floor and climb up or down (this might actually work, but I was too scared to try it).

• Also allow us to choose which floor to get off at when climbing. This goes along with controlling our characters climb/descent rate manually in general.

316. Be able to place a mattress on the ground and sleep on it without the need to build a bed frame.

• If I am required to build a bed frame, can I get some storage drawers under it? Or at least be able to put stuff under the bed? Maybe myself?
Edited by CaptKaspar

318 give us a way to take fuel from the gas pumps after the shutoff.

I know this was intentional, forcing people to rush to the pumps, but in sp people just don't bother using generators because there is too much to do in the first weeks, and later on there is so little gas around that it's just not worth it; in mp people just use the loot respawn to "fix" the lack of sources of gas

3 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Just took a whole bunch of new suggestions from here and added them to the list.

So great, great stuff still appearing here guys and gals. Please keep it up :)

Is the list of suggestions you guys plan to add to the game a secret? If not, would you mind publishing it? :)

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread