Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

Apologies if some of these have been mentioned already. I did do a few searches but not that extensive.

268) Drug addiction/dependency - now the smoking trait has been brought in with the need to find cigarettes, it would be nice for roleplaying to have a character who has drug dependency, and have various illicit substances hidden around homes which we would need to find. This could lead to negative effects when the drug is consumed (similar to the effect of being drunk), and also when withdrawing if it cant be found. Also on topic, maybe add a passive 'Cough' for smokers which attracts zeds.

269) Craftable trolley for transporting heavy items like Generators. Obviously this would need a visible display of the trolley, so perhaps a bit complex to implement, but would be good if some items were too heavy to carry and so would need us to build the trolley, load on the item and then push it very slowly back to our safehouse. It could also help when scavenging in the big warehouses/supermarkets where we either decide to make multiple trips to bring everything back, or load up the trolley for a single trip. This could be the same way to transport large items of furniture. My character is currently able to pick up and carry an industrial size oven or fridge which could now require the trolley to move around, making the whole thing riskier to bring back to our safehouse.

270) I like the new watch/alarm addition to the game to be able to see the time (My last character got killed when I found an alarm clock and stored it in my safehouse, not realising that an alarm was set on it which attracted a horde). Could we have a simple 'equip' option for the watch so it appears at the top of our inventory along with clothing etc? Off topic slightly, but I now use the alarm quite a lot when looting heavily infested areas. Set it on an alarm clock, leave a little way off and it pulls all the zeds to it in the nearby area. Also good at drawing zeds into a building, then throw a Molotov in there. The alarm keeps them inside so they don't run around spreading it all over town.

271) Lockpicks and windows jimmy's to break into houses. Would be nice for early game when we have no sledgehammer to get into warehouses, or want to get into a building via a specific window and don't want to smash it. On topic, how about a much higher chance of getting cut when climbing through a broken window? I don't do this very often, but it seems I very rarely get cut

272) Boltcutters - similar to above, but for cutting through metal fencing before we have a sledgehammer.

I'll post this here just incase it was missed since I heard the devs take these into account:

275. Please make the Menu signs at Pizza Whirled able to be picked up!

276.  And could you do the same with train tracks too? Being able to build a railway would be cool

277. The ability for sandbox to choose Zombie attack animation speed, that way you can have sprinters that don't attack super fast.

Edited by Gurluas

45 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

You can already do this, just right click it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it only give you the option to remove it? Requiring another nail to then place it again?

I believe they're asking for the ability to pull it up but still have it be attached to the window so that you would be able to put it down and use it again later without using another nail.

On 10/8/2016 at 11:01 AM, Keshash said:

278. While you're on animations, could you please add a looking back thing, like "V" button in GTA games - holding button quickly look back. Coz running and radaring is kinda hard.

I think (don't quote me) that in the animations update we won't be able to 'radar'. I thought I read that somewhere. Hopefully something like what you've suggested will be added.

I thought I read that you won't be able to 'turn on a dime', if that means the same sort of thing.

31 minutes ago, CaptKaspar said:

I think (don't quote me) that in the animations update we won't be able to 'radar'. I thought I read that somewhere. Hopefully something like what you've suggested will be added.

I thought I read that you won't be able to 'turn on a dime', if that means the same sort of thing.

Well... I'm zombie fodder post update.

I have compiled this, did I just waste my time?

001. Removing of zombie ash (burned zombie - currently no way of doing this unless using a mod)
002. Add sneaking like in this video:
https://vk.com/videos-27639048?z=video-27639048_171247472%2Fclub27639048%2Fpl_-27639048_-2

003. It'd be nice to have some loot drop from destroyed walls, similar to doors.
004. Making wearable stuff like clothes and skirts to become moddable like the rest of the items ( this might be hard but will add so much to the game if its enabled )
005. Make it possible to invite people via the Steam Overlay/Steam Friend list too, instead of having to go through the ingame menu (pressing ESC and then going to the Invite menu).
006. Make it so that when you forage or dig you become exerted and you don't become sleepy. I get it that there needs to be something to balance it but I don't think people should be exhausted to the point of passing out after searching an area 4-5 times.
007. i keep suggesting that saws blades should break and you'd need to find new saw blades, just like the fishing rod + paperclip deal, i think its a good idea but maybe its just me.
008. I have some sugestions for cooking, I know this will not make great difference in the gameplay, but i like to think it will give a good flavor to the game.

How about put the recipes of bread, cake B268and pie in just one Good cooking magazine (maybe call it bakery apretince magazine) and add a recipe for pancakes? (also how about some mapple syrup, honey and jam for the pancakes?)

And add a Italian cuisine magazine (maybe call it Mama's Old Recipes) that contains recipes for pizza, tomato sauce (that can be jarred maybe?), fresh pasta (not the convencional pasta in game, but one tha spoils really faster if not cooked soon) and fresh lasagna noodles (like the fresh pasta)

And add lasagna noodles in the way pasta is in game, so if you find the normal lasagna noodles in game you can make lasagna without reading the magazine?

Also, this is kind of minor, but I like to think that you don't wanna toss a whole tomato or cabbage in a dish, you'll like add a chopped/diced/sliced tomato or cabbage into a dish, then maybe, if you don't want to put the whole item in the dish, you need to chop (in game, let's use just chop maybe) it first, than you can add just part of it, but it has a downwards, after chopped, an item will spoil really faster, as it will do IRL, how about make this for meats and vegetables that are not small like peas.

Have some other ideas to put down the line, just need to organize them first. 
009. Make it so heavy stuff which is drainable (bag of coal, spray can, paint, water bottles, bag of cement etc.) changes weight accordingly with 'uses left' bar, so a bag of coal which has 1 use left will not weight 8.0 or a bottle of water with one sip left will not weight 0.8. You get the idea.
010. Make it so used drainable stuff consolidate with one another, for example 2 bags of coal with half of uses left will make full bag of coal (it might be a bit awkward with painkillers, though, as they are in blisters... or propane tanks). Also usefull with cans of paint of the same colour. Blindcoder did a mod for that.
011. Make it so we can pour gas from one canister to another. Or make them consolidate, but keep the gas can.
012. Make it so existing walls can be painted/plastered.
012a. Make plastering/painting change the appearance only of 1 side of a wall so we can choose inside and outside colours separately.
013. Make it so you can equip a bag from your hand directly to your back and directly from your back to your hand (we need to unequip and equip again atm).
013a. Same thing as above but for 2 handed weapons that are equipped in one hand and we would like to equip it in both hands. Or the other way round.
014. Make it so we can put garbage bags into rubbish bins and metal barrels to create a water collector. Or just clean said containers thoroughly with bleach and use as water collectors without bags.
015. Make it so we can pour fresh water into existing box, barrel, and other collectors for indoor storage.
016. Make it so we can empty a collector from water (to move collectors). TBH I'm not sure if this is implemented already or not. (not my idea)
017. Make it so we can use seeds as bird/squirrel/rodent bait in traps (not my idea).
018. Make it so we can open doors and windows with a crowbar (penalty for that would be noise). (We can't do that now, can we?)
019. Make it so we can break the glass in openable windows and then open the window to climb through it without injuries and without the need to clear the broken glass.
020. Make it so we can break glass in doors with glass to open the door.
021. Make it so we can choose the fill for our shelves and book cases and what not. Guns on a bookshelf certainly don't look like books 
022. Propane tank bomb.
023. Make it so we can move entire doors without breaking them (door must be unlocked and it would require a screwdriver or other tools).
024. Give mailboxes a small inventory where magazines and newspapers would spawn.
025. Make it possible to power a gas station fuel pump with a generator (there is a mod for that already).
026. Make it so street lights are not on 24/7 and make some of them flicker/don't turn on at evening/night.
027. A button to toggle visibility of entire outsides of buildings, street lamps etc. (so upper floors don't disappear when you get close).
028. Make traffic lights animated when power is on (low priority :))
029. Make an option in game settings for a character to automatically turn the lights in a room on upon entering and off upon leaving.
030. Make metal bar and metal pipe weapons.
031. Make it so chainlink fence doors do not leave planks when destroyed (wire maybe? metal pipes/bars?).
032. Make it so it does not snow nor rain in MU underground and metal hangars.
033. Make it so those entire-wall-section-tall windows can be just walked through when glass is broken (so no need to press "e" to jump over imaginary ledge).
033a. Make it so it takes more planks to barricade said windows (would require new art, I think).
034. Create new art for barricading wide windows (we put nails into glass atm).
034a. Make it so when you break double window it breaks in the other section as well (would require new art, I think).
035. Make it possible to have power on roofs you can actually access via a staircase (like the one of Mul Warehouse).
036. Make it possible to place Exit Signs on doorframes (currently, if you remove one from its doorframe, you can't place it back)
037. Make it possible to open/close shutters and garage doors (More suggestions on this idea HERE)
038. Give us more paintable signs (More suggestions on this idea HERE)
039. Make Soda Vending Machines capable of cooling.
040. Make is so starting a fire on a charcoal BBQ uses same firestarters as a campfire (clothes, twigs etc.).
041. Make soda dispensers usable (fill bottles and cups with soda!).
042. Make those office water dispensers refillable and add an option to remove that big bottle on top from it.
043. Make ladders that are already in the game world usable.
044. Make all roofs and all under-an-angle stuff walkable (so roofs and MU railyard underground hangars basically).
045. Make molotovs from any glass bottle.
045a. Use petrol for molotovs.
046. Take nails from bags for barricading automatically.
047. Water-specific foliage near water and on the water itself.
048. Fix bowl of beans giving a mood bonus as can of beans gives mood penalty.
049. Make it so I can't stuff myself with dog food or rats and then just read a book or three to feel happy again.
050. Sleeping bags to improve quality of sleep in a tent / on couches/benches.
051. Make Park Ranger and Lumberjack move quicker then rest through woods.
052. Someone else mentioned that burned grass and foliage should regrow.
053. In random burnt houses there are perfectly fine posters and paintings hanging on walls. Same goes for light switches. Also halves of tables standing on two legs defying gravity.
054. Sleeping in bathtubs and on toilets.
054a. Sleeping on the ground (Sleeping bag would help! Rain would wake you up when sleeping outside!)
055. Bags found on zombies should have some random/useful stuff inside.
056. Random zombie senses/strenght/speed/travel distance, random group sizes, many zombies not forming groups at all, random migration times, random respawn times and random respawned zombie count.
057. Make it possible to walk across wide stairs (invisible wall atm). http://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.41836410782883027,0.1619607441212,325.04533736798015
058. Make two tile items movable. Beds, couches, etc.
059. Make it so we can add rice and pasta to soup.
059.1 Make cooked and not cooked rice (or pasta) differ, better just remove mood penalties when it is cooked.
060. Random Electricity/Water option for servers.
061. Random creepy noises in the woods (swaying bushes that could mean a zombie or nothing, howls of a pack of feral dogs).
062. A short looping animation for the water.
063. A large amount of bodies in one area slow you down.
064. Fire does not burn chain fences/ any kind of non-flammable metal material. 
065. Remote controls can be linked to various in-game electronics by a high-level Electrician (radios, TVs, lights, etc.)
066. Snow slows down movement speed in the winter and long exposure to the cold causes unhappiness. 
067. Creepy sounds and/or images for a short period after a player awakens from a nightmare.
068. Addition of Red and Black paint (its rimary colors and black is a popular paint colour for some).
069.  Removing redundant distribution files that has been replaced to avoid confusion.
070. Could you add something like auto-close doors, so one doesn't have to turn around and manually close them?
071. Make it possible to disassemble wooden crates to use the wood.
072. Make those new arcade cabinets pick-up-able.
073. (a) working beer pumps in bars.
       (b) pint glasses
074. Make all sounds attract zombies.
Right now I don't think zombies are pulled by dogs barking, screams, and other ambient sound events like that. I only ever see them move for gunshots and helicopters.
075. Make open windows/doors bang in the 'wind'.
076. Be able to rest while reading a skill book.
I think while reading a skill book your character should also rest from exhaustion. Maybe be able to eat as well.
077. Very basic weather indicator. Something like:
Dark scattered/broken clouds - Expecting rain soon. Short and intense rain.
Overcast - Might rain, if it does I should expect long periods of rain.
Not a cloud in the sky - Not expecting rain anytime soon.
078. Footprints in snow/mud.
079. Swimming? - might be asking for too much here.
Or make water passable in some way. I imagine the horror of watching a horde of zombies shamble out of the water! Would also be nice to be able to move in water in case your character ever falls on a water tile. Right now they don't drown, but they are stuck there until a sheet rope can be lowered to them.
080. Make containers paintable.
Would be a big help with identifying which items go where in MP. Then you can set rules for your group on where loot goes. For example; green is for food, blue is for medical supplies, red is weapons, orange is for tools, etc. Or whatever your group decides.
081. Make it so Skill Magazines also spawn on bookshelves in homes/book stores/libraries/places other than garages and magazine racks as it's now.
082. Make it so day and night length change with seasons (did a quick test, on 21th of December it gets dark at 9pm, where it should at 5:20pm). http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/louisville
083. Dig holes with shovel or trowel (or bare hands for that matter) as a first step of building a log wall (not my idea). That should prevent building log walls on concrete or asphalt or hard surfaces.
084. Being in a room with a wall clock shows current time.
085. Make it so a hot cuppa does not consume an entire coffee jar.
085a. Make it so hot cuppa recipes requires being close to a heat source (working oven, lit campfire, lit BBQ etc.)
087. Make it so barbed wire has more uses then just 1 per piece.
089. Darker nights in general.
089a. Realistic moon cycles for some additional light during some nights.
090. Boil clean ripped sheets and bandages to sterilize them.
091. Adjust some weights of items. I noticed last night:
Mattresses value 2.0 - This seems very low to me. If I understand it correctly; the weight value is more of an encumbrance value. A plastic chair has a value of 5.0 for example. They weigh next to nothing, but can be cumbersome to move around IRL. A mattress is large and fairly heavy. I think a value in the range of 10 or so would be more appropriate.
Lollipop value is 0.1 - A nail is 0.01. A lollipop is not 10x more cumbersome than a carpentry nail. The weights should be fairly close and a lollipop can fit just about anywhere.
092. Be able to control your character as they climb up/down sheet ropes. Or at least be able to look at whats at the bottom/top of the sheet rope before climbing down/up them. Ideally both.
093. I think it should be a "Stick Trap" instead of a "Trap Stick"
094. Have it so that the status of items on the map changes when the area is not loaded. Right now crops continue to 'grow' (die), so I know this is possible.
Fires should burn out.
Rain barrels should fill.
Crops should be watered when it rains.
Zombies should destroy sheet ropes (this one might be tough without zombies being loaded on the map). But the idea is that if you have a safe house that is only accessible by sheet ropes and you leave on a multi-day loot run, when you come back you might not be able to get up into your safe house because zombies destroyed your sheet ropes.
095. Show/hide upper floors with the press of a button.
096. Option to start in the same spot when playing coop.
097. Players should not fall off "cliffs" when walking, only when sprinting. This is especially important in MP, some players will grief by building cliffs that are impossible to see (i hope you know what i mean)
098. Remove unhappyness from cigarettes ;P
099. Add 2-4 weeks, 1-2 months as an option for water/electricity shutoff time in sandbox.
i've seen this asked for in the past. I at least want a guarantee of a few weeks of utilities so I can stockpile water and gather some supplies when the lights are still working. the only option that gives a guarantee is the 2-6 months option, and that's too long in my opinion. 
100. Add the option to choose what level your skills will be when starting out in sandbox.
I find that I abuse the xp multiplier because I want certain skills high. however I don't want other skills to increase at the same speed. in my case id like to just be able to choose to have my sprinting maxed because I like exploring all the vanilla and player made locations. also I like aiming to be maxed because i use ortmans gun mod and by the time i've reached a high enough level to hit anything I'm out of ammo. but all the other skills id like to be able to work for instead of just handed to me
101. more ammo spawn: its hard to use guns not only because the noise but also lack of ammo, its hard to find enough to start a gun fight or just lvl up shooting skill
102. less canned food
103) jar lids reusable, more jars and lids spawn, required lvl 2 in cooking to makre jars with food - I remember long time ago preserving food was so much requested feature and then RJ added it ! But we dont use it as you never find enough jars / lids for winter and canned food is just too common.
104) more light sources (torches, bigger flashlights) + darker nights.
105) pills that work like herbs : faster fracture healing etc.
106) more buff for cooking, nutrition is nice but now we eat different kind of "spawned" food instead of cooking. That well feed buff is good but dont last long.
107. FIRE should not travel across asphalt, sand and gravel. Pleas fix the damn "soaked in gasoline world" thing. 
108) Microwaves should not be 100 firestarters (they have timers, rathlord can set it to 99:99 (somehow), but they usually set timers properly)
109) Microwaves should be usable only with cups, bowls, meat and burgers and whatever is not made om metal.
110) We now have A LOT of stones, please add an improved fireplace building recipe, I mean no ignitions near the campfire.
111. make the waking up anxious events have a cause. maybe when it happens its because a smallish pack of zombies spawned outside your base/house/camp/whatever. so its kinda like the helicopter but not as drastic, and it could be more frequent(not sure if the helicopter spawns zombies as well as attracts them) 
112. With the Night Owl trait, you'd be able to! Would make it much more useful than it is currently.
113. Reading books must reduce fatigue, because you do not move at all
114. Smoking without a fire source - same as reading in darkness JhonnyFisher mentioned above.
115. Please fix food mood penalties: eating raw mushroom is much more unpleasant than uncooked ramen noodles (believe me). There are a lot of issues like equal penalties for both cooked and uncooked rice/pasta, some odd multipling penalties when adding fresh ingredients to sandwiches and salads started with not fresh ones, watermelons that are more depressive when cut in pieces and some more (Have found out this recentely when my character had a big depression and started some survival cuisine experiments).
116. Remove "boring" for reading books. Its absolutely odd: "Oh, I need to read how to feed myself in postapoc world - boooring" "Oh, I need to read how to build a safe house to avoid terrible death from zombies claws - boooring.. ". 
117. The chest pictured below is able to be picked up, but its name is "SMall chest" which is a small little error I figured I'd mention. Not even sure if it even belonged here, but it's my favorite chest and I'd love to see it fixed :3
http://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.42697959066696817,0.1642391713897111,4089.343991943971
118. Please, for the love of God, implement the ability to change from a 24 hour clock to a 12 hour clock, I suck ass at reading 24 hour clocks so 90% of the time I have no idea what actual time it is without looking outside my beautiful safe house.
119. Make the campfire extinguish after being excessively trampled by zombies
120. Adjust food poisoning so that a single event is not fatal (missclicked and drank a sip of small animal meat soup before it was cooked, and lost health until gaining the well fed health boost. I then died in the space of 1 hour of sleep during which time I gained full health, and then died after the very well fed moodle disappeared)
121. Make it possible to preserve food without the use of sugar/ vinegar by heating it in a sealed container.
121.1)  Drying is also fine: steak->beef jerky, fish, apple chips, bread ofc, grapes->reisins, etc.   This will also utilise thread, its pretty useless for now.
122. Introduce a weight limit for climbing sheet ropes (affected by strength/ fatigue)
123. Make two handed weapons like the axe equippable only in the primary hand and automatically wielded in two hands if the other hand is free.
124. There is no place to sleep or rest in shops like here -  until one cannot simply sleep on the floor maybe make counters sleepable? Or toilet thrones - use them as chairs? Or add chairs to the map? Or make a kinda matress using clothes?
125. Digging with a trowel should cause physical exertion, not sleep tiredness at a very high rate.
126. A way to combat 'Devil Water Fungi' other than removing that crop. I am fine with it being a difficult process since farming is already pretty easy. (BTW what actually causes the DWF? Is there a way to be proactive to reduce the chances of it occurring?)
127. Composting rotten food - surprised no one brought this one up yet :)
128. Burn unwanted items/trash into ash.
129. Burn zombie corpses by putting them in the inventory of a camp fire.
Right now we have to carefully stack them on top of the camp fire, which can be difficult to drop them in the right place.
We can burn them with precious gasoline, but it never seems to completely burn the pile and we often have to repeat the process using a lot of a precious resource.
Maybe we could build burning pyres or something if putting them in a camp fire isn't realistic enough for some.
130. Highlighting of the physical object of the container you're browsing in. Even if there's an option to disable it, for me it would make looking through the masses of crates at McCoys or in the warehouse more logical as well as looting corpses after a mass horde culling.
131. Highlighting the zeds which are hidden behind a wall, but seen by the character.131.1  And make transparent walls HALF-transparent, or leave some lines instdead of half-tranparent walls (like windows). It is sometimes anoying: cant go down don't know why - oh the fence!  Or cant see my wooden fence on my not finished skybridge, or cant aim wall frames to upgrade them.
132. Allow us to disassemble stuff placed in the world (TVs, radios in houses) without picking them up first.
133. Rain should considerably dampen sounds made by character (running, walking, swinging weapons) and generator sound. Storm should almost nullify sounds made by character and generator, and dampen considerably the sounds of guns, alarms etc.
134. Timer to shut off microwaves and ovens when time expires.
135. craftable cots, a few sturdy sticks, a sheet, and a needle and thread , I know there's the tent kit but a cot could maybe be lighter? the trade off could be no protection from the rain like with the tent.
136. increase the point cost of the outdoorsman trait. you never have to deal with getting sick when you take it. swap point cost for high thirst and hearty appetite. water is a lot easier to obtain than food.
137. Use axe/hammer + metal wedge to spit a log into 2 planks. 
138. Thunderstorms make zombies go crazy. 
139. Allow us to rest with no exertion moodles to zero our exertion level.
140. Add ability to unlock doors, if we have keys, by holding "E"
141. Add a tooltip that shows what tools you need to disassemble world items. © Keshash
142. Add the extinguisher to the loot distribution. (The developers created it, made an article featuring it, but forgot to add it anywhere ingame. Would be acceptable counter/cabinet loot. You can spawn it with mods or commands, it works perfectly fine.)
143. Actually have the receiver required to build remote-triggered anything exist as an acquirable object ingame. It exists as an item, but like above, the developers likely forgot to add a way to get it in order to build crafted triggers.
145. Add the ''Missing Railroad'' to the map. (More info HERE)
146.   Add more Z options to sandbox. It would be nice to have ability to mix Z's behaviour, also to add more % of crawlers (and Z falling from a window should have a big chance to become a crawler). Fix resurrection time (at least weeks setting doesn't work), add NO RESURRECTION options to make Z's really fragile (as they are plain mad humans). Settings for looted and baricaded houses, fire (I hate microwaves starting fires, its bullshit). 
147.  Add some chaos to the town: things on the floor, broken doors, bags with belongings close to corpses.
148. Make bullets break glasses. Shotgun firefight in a store should end in an ocean of broken glass.
149. What I was thinking of was filling your tub up to the brim with water, giving you an emergency supply. let us be able to fill our bathtubs and sinks with water.
150. Add an ability to glue posters to the windows, as a poor curtain replacement.
151. Make "Outdoorsman" trait more expensive (Currently it's 2 points) or nerf it's effects. 
152. Add suture needle to tailoring recipes as an option. © Cromulent Archer
153. Maybe, speed up foraging a little bit? It's too boring to stand in the forest, doing nothing. And the outcome is not guaranteed.
154. How about,.... storing Gas in metal barrels? : D
Multiplayer specific:
- Admin: Log players spawn coordinates upon fully connecting.
- Admin: Log players death coordinates.
- Admin: Log incidences of the game removing "duped" items when a player tries to have both of them in inventory.
- Adjust high and low green hedges, and TV's so that they cannot be used as indestructible barricade solutions. TV's should be able to be climbed over when on the floor by players and zeds. The hedge mechanic (being able to dig up and replant) is a little odd and perhaps needs removing or adjusting so that they are able to be "broken down" like a log wall.
155. Will, something something discord, something, "hungover moodle" plz.
156. Difficulty percentage system: Allow your sandbox options to have a PLUS or MINUS difficulty range (like with traits):
Zombies would have a percentage of difficulty based on mixed and matched lore.
Power and water shutoffs affect difficulty with shorter times adding difficulty % and longer times reducing it.
etc., etc., et. al., ad infinitum.
156. Fill a barrel at gas station and roll it home.

Roll roll roll your gas
Roll it down the road
157. Add a line for character to say "There is nothing left here to forage" (or sth), when you deplete a foraging zone, so you know when to move a bit further.
157. To piggyback off #100, maybe allow difficulty modifiers in sandbox to act like a negative trait that allowed you to pick up more positive traits. You could pick the generic X1.5xp boost from standard difficulty settings or use them on other traits.
158. More types of canned foods (Canned pasta for carbohydrates, etc.). Even add catfood. Seriously, those cat foods have real meat chicken, tuna, and some of them have shrimp and lobster! [ The felines eat better than I do! Don't tell me cats don't rule the world. >:( ] With the calorie system in place more sources of varied nutrients matter more than ever.
158. Nerf generators so they can only power a limited amount of fridges/freezers. It's a bit silly that 1 generator is able to power the entire GIGA Mart in WP, where my last base was. Lamps and TVs does not come with much of a profit for player so I'd leave unlimited number of those.
159. Blood on characters with hemophobia go into a panic. (No really, if you panic when perform stitching and stuff why not make them panic when they have blood all over them?)
159. What I was thinking of was filling your tub up to the brim with water, giving you an emergency supply. let us be able to fill our bathtubs and sinks with water.
160. Characters with hypochondria have a chance of believing they are infected if they get blood on them.
160. make that 1hit-jaw-stab with knifes require lvl 2 or 3 in blade skills (its OP)
161. Add proper welding with an electrical welding machine. The machine could use generator art (just recolor or something) and transport mechanic. Welding machine could be powered by a generator after power shut-off. Existing welding rods could be re-used for use with the new machine. You could fix the machine with electronic parts as we repair generators now. You could weld in a radius of 15-20 tiles away from the machine (or more, or less). I'd then disable propane welding but, maybe, leave the propane torch for melting lead when making and casting bullets will arrive?
161. merge lightfoot and sneaking skills into stealth skill: they are not worth investing skill points in them.
162. merge defence skills into one.
162. Some kind of mouse walk or a shortcut for "walk here",  for walking long distances with sped up time.
163. buff metal wall HP by 4-5 times !
163. Enable smelting, its still IWBUMS let us test it 
164. Lower damage when fighting with low blade/blunt skill lvl (0-2)
164. Saving your Character as a preset like you can with professions and traits.
165. Add water sounds when near lake / river
166. Add function to sheetrope - wrap in and wrap out instead of removing it.
167.  Please fix Item distribution for frugal setting: make some items not so rare.  There is no damn carbage bags at all! Very few nails.  I guess those things IRL are not #1 items to be salvaged from abandoned houses. Some trash like pipes, metal, planks, clothes, garbage bags - noone cares about them, why make them rare?   (I know the difference petween PZ and real life, but lack of garbage bags is spoiling the game).  
167. Increase chance for plants disease.
168. Add "take care"(or ask Will how to name it) action for farmer. you can use it on any plant. its takes some time and depending on your farming skill it can:
-decrease chance for plant diesease.
-you harvest more vegs from plant
-the vegs are bigger (more hunger reduction)
169. add another cooking magazine recipe that lets you dehydrate or cure certain foods, tomatoes would be a great example, and meat obviously. I know theres a mod for curing meat, which i use, but it would be a good thing to have in the vanilla version. And it should be the case that it has to be learned either through a magazine, or by reaching a certain skill level.
170. increase damage and aoe of areosol bomb by 25% and pipe bombs by 50%.
171. Put Fitness and Strength of the same page as other skills and name them "Passive skills" or sth. I can't think of a reason for them being on a separate page. It only adds an extra click to check those. And then an extra click to go back.
172. autorun
173. Add an option to scroll through context menu (You know, right-click thingie) with arrow keys and Enter to select them.
174. Rename low brown wooden fences from "Scrapable object" (In dismantling menu) to something like "low brown wooden fences"
175. Maybe, somehow turn off dissapearing of "low brown wooden fences" and other low fences? (See pic)
176 Sutre needles don't count as sewing needles (trying to make a bed)
177. skill magazines where you'd expect them. it seems strange that every other house has the farming magazine but you can loot 1/2 of the map and not find a single herbalist. on the other hand just split what you learn from the herbalist into multiple magazines and make them more common 
178. toothbrush + toothpaste = Happiness. 
179. towel + bar of soap = happiness
180. If it's possible, could you add an ability to change haircut and beards with something like scissors or knives?
181. While you're at models, could you please-please-please add long hair and long(-er) beard for men?Like this guy's. For the Robinson-like appearance.
182. New option to allow fast season progression despite having long days/nights.

For example, the standard setting would be:
1 RL hour = 48 ingame hours / 2 ingame days

With this setting, winter will arrive twice as fast while days/nights last twice as long:
1 RL hour = 24 ingame hours / 4 ingame days
183. Balance the skill points allocation/distribution. Right now I have over 40 that I can not use.
184. Crutches. Lets you move around faster with a broken leg, but limits your ability to use two hand weapons.
185. Add salt and pepper after food has been cooked. Season to taste.
186. Have a lighter, matches or other form of fire/heat be required for smoking a cigarette.
187. Let the new smoking trait be able to be gained by a character starting without it (like how a player can become skinny or obese) or lost by one starting with it. So a non-smoker will still get nauseous until they've smoked enough cigarettes to gain the trait and a smoker could go through a few days to a week of heavy stress and then continued extra stress for a few weeks beyond that (of course smoking any cigs would bring you back on the time scale required to "fully quit" and lose the trait though).
188. Make the river more than a place for looks, let us swim across and watch zombies be swept away in the current!
189. Give stuff like rubirx cubes and other currently "space taking items" a boredom lessening effect
189a. Have stuff like packs of cards and board games available for use.
190. Add in animals like feral dogs and livestock (I don't know if this constitutes as npcs, but if it does, I apologize)
191. Ability to overdose on pain meds, and possibly get addicted if used to frequently (essentially would be like the smoker trait.)
192. All the stuff here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20808-diversity-in-injury/
193. Make constructing a compost bin require worms and some soil as well as the 5 planks and 4 nails it does now.
194. Add a chance for zombies to lose interest in banging on pre-made doors and windows if they're not following anything
195. Make standing, walking and running impact crafting and transferring items differently.
196. If it's possible, make items' icons that lie on the ground appear not straight in the centre of the tile. So they wouldn't pile up on the one spot, but rather redistribute through the tile. That way multiple items on one tile would look way better. 
197. When sprinting your speed slowly degrades over time. Great! But if you let go of the shift key for less than 1 second, you regain your full sprint speed. Shouldn't there be some delay before you can regain your full sprint speed? IRL if I sprint myself to exhaustion where I can barely run anymore, it'll take me more than a second to get my full speed back.
198. Be able to add sheet ropes to existing railing like here at the hotel in Muldraugh: http://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.41799873857383785,0.16235631338689868,492.22352429520214
199. When furniture is placed on the tile at the top of stairs, it does not stop players/zombies from passing on the way up. They can pass right through whatever object is placed there. However, it does stop players/zombies from traveling down the stairs.
200. Attack zombies/players that are on a level above or below you.
201. Change crafting UI a bit so you see all recipes
-red - you dont know how to craft it
- grey - you know how but dont have mats
- white - you can and have mats to craft it
202. Add trading option for multiplayer. Just simple mmo style with drag window and accept button
203 add simple group system, on player list you can mark people as frendly neutral and hostile.
If you set them as frendly you wont harme them even with pvp on
Neutral - depends on you pvp status
Hostile - you can always attack them
203. Give zombies a small % chance to knock open unlocked doors they bang on. 
204. Sleeper zombies (like crawlers) that stand up when triggered. 
206. Add an indicator of how much the wound have recovered. Something like:
"Torso:
Scratch (Fresh/No indicator/Skin almost regrown)."
Or maybe just "Scratch (2/3 healed)". Or percentage.
207. Make it clearer to identify if items are on/off.

For things like ovens, microwaves, alarm clocks, digital watches, radios, etc. Could we have a more visible green box that says "On" and a red or gray box that says "Off" that can be toggled? So you see the something like ON/OFF or ON/OFF
208. Reduce/Diminishing Returns to Recoildelaymodifier bonus per aiming level.  Currently it gives +2 per level, giving a +20 bonus at aim 10.   Base.Pistol has a RecoilDelay of 20.   With aim 10, it shoots like an automatic. 
209.  (MP specific)

Adding a method to discourage players emptying loot containers to force full loot respawn.  The result is massive piles of junk lying on the ground next to high value loot containers all throughout the maps. 
210. If two people are sharing the same bed or chair to sleep in they should share warmth and not get cold as fast, but possibly adds discomfort.
211. Use screws for carpentry as well as nails.
212. Transplant shrubs, flowers, etc with a bag, some dirt, and a shovel.
213. Use pistols and sawed off shotguns in each hand :-o

214. I always do this, but it looks silly; I spin in a circle while resting to keep my head on a swivel. Could there be a new animation for looking over your shoulder while sitting/resting instead? Did I read somewhere that you can't spin/pirouette walk in the upcoming animations?
215.  Haven't seen in it in this thread, pertaining to the early game, how about if I have a real hammer, let me hammer a Stone into a Chipped Stone so I can make axes.  Foraging a 4ish times puts my character in a coma lol, so unless I want to be in dream land forever, I can't forage much for Chipped Stones and I keep getting Stones.  There are many hammers, so I've never made the stone hammer, but being able to turn the stones I find into an axe which is much rarer would be awesome.  Plus the stone axe isn't uber, it quite actually is terrible, but it would give you a way to get a small defensive perimeter set up.
216. let people attack through windows that have 1 (maybe 2) planks barricading them.
When your safe-house gets attacked by zombies you need to go outside (where it is not safe) and fight the zombies in the street.
I feel it would be better if we could defend our safe-house from the safety of our safe-house.
217. let zombies attack through windows that have 1 (maybe 2) planks barricading them.
Because i believe in equal rights.    
218. when using a weapon include an indicator that lets the player know how charged the weapon is. it could just be like the green bar that you see when looting or eating. probably should give the option to turn it off as well for people who may not like it.
219. For every weapon add context menu to inspect rounds (to check how many bullets in the gun) and also to take ammo (remove all ammo from the gun including the one in the chamber so when you find useless guns you can atleast empty and get some bullets).
220. Reading books right now is very boring. Please, change it that you can read books while walking.
If you want additional balance, maybe, decrease FOV or reduce reading speed while reading and walking. :) 
221. Add function to remove battery from radio like in flashlights.
And why buttery so heavy? 0.5 meaning in kg? And Walkie Talkies
222. Beer
223. Seeing as we can already change clock style, how being able to change what weight is measured in. For instance it could be either pounds or grams.
224. Ladders.
225. Locations like crashed plane, fuel-less train, or wrecked boat.
226. When you has cut down a tree - you got tree trunk instead of logs (may be with own sprite). To get logs you need saw a trunk or you able to cut it with axe.
227.  Make durability for saw, but increase spawn of saw or make spawn of replaceable saw edges (may be edges will spawn in packs so we will have a lot of them, but in the same time we need to change them). Now we have infinite sawing of logs with opportunity to cut down trees with selfmaded axe. May be add increasing time for sawing if  your edge near to break.
228. Add grinding stone or device to gring your sharp weapon (and saw edges from 227), that works like weapon repair with glue, adhesive tape, etc.
229. Add abandoned NPC camps in the forests. they could be large and small, overrun by zombies or little ghost towns with dead bodies laying everywhere giving the assumption that they were raided. they could have a modest amount of tools food and weapons like the boarded up houses sometimes do. it would be cool if they were randomly distributed when starting a new game so that finding them would be an extra challenge. It would be even more cool if you could find them by using the radios and hearing them broadcast stuff and their general location. the whole random distribution thing would be cool if it was implemented with suggestion 225 too. finding a random neighborhood decimated by a crashed passenger jet would be pretty insane.  
230. Rename the "Exit Game" button on death to "Return to Menu" or similar. 
231. Opportunity to make graves.
232. As there aren't currently pets, this would be more of an atmosphere thing, for instance having dog food bowls in the kitchen floor or having fish tanks, or having pet beds. Just stuff for atmosphere (at least for now)
233. Tea packs, not the one teabag at the time, but a whole pack.  with different diversity
234. Open able garage doors, That way if they are locked you can pry them open with a crowbar instead of having to destroy it.
235. Large gates (3tiles wide). The huge bases looks silly with just a door. Beside once we get cars the doors are just too narrow.
236: An admin control panel with tabs like:
That gorgeous player stats panel
236-1 A server manage options tab (rain, thunder, and all the other admin commands)
236-2 A zombie population manager map ( that minimap in the "thing", so you can see how many are around and also can remove chunks of zeds, or spawn them in places you want)
236-3 Item spawn menu tab (with a list of the game items categorized so you can choose them instead of typing the commands) (also with the option for modders to add categories with their mod items)
236-4 A Furniture spawn tab (so you can choose any furniture and spawn them like you are building anything, kinda like active the creative mode for the admin)
237-?   Different variations of soft drinks : Cola . lemon soda, grape soda and etc.  You can rename cola as Slurm or something like that. 
238.  Making homemade pizza with dough
239. Make food recipes discoverable:

By this I mean that a character should be able to experiment with different food combinations to discover new ones.

For example: My character has been alive for over 7 months, he has level 7 cooking, knows how to make pie dough, has flour, water, yeast, and salt on hand, but he can not figure out how to make bread.
240 make most recipes  and magazines work a bit different.
Each crafting item have 2 valuesof required skill - with magazine and without.
Example
Bird trap
You need to have traping lvl 2 and find magazine or you will learn it instantly when you reach lvl 5.
241 Add background noise when listening to radio. For example, if you are listening to rock music, I suggest having some rock music in the background. Not words necessarily, just the music itself.
242 this kinda goes with 241. I think that text from radio should still be on screen for a certain distance even if you can't see it.
Here is a basic equation
Volume=How far away you are from the radio for text to pop up
IRL just because we can't see the radio doesn't mean we can't hear the words
The words would pop up from the direction off the radio, meaning if it's to the right of your screen, you'd see on the right side of the screen.
243. Hear footsteps from other players as well as zombies.
244. Have max weight carrying be tied to feeble, weak, normal, stout, strong. Right now we all have the same max weight, but different for when we become overburdened. I think our strength should effect both our weight before becoming overburdened as well as our max weight. A feeble character should not be able to carry the same max amount as a strong character.
245.  Rain should make the ground slick and could cause you character to slip and fall while sprinting in mud (more for the animations update)
246. Rain causing puddles to accumulate and can harvest dirty water from them to then be boiled.
247. A build able water filter made using a metal barrel perhaps filled with layers of sand and charcoal. at the bottom would be a nozzle to pour out the filtered clean water. 
248. Cigarettes should act more as a "container" that has 20 cigarettes in them (or a random amount if found in a desk/body, but should have an "unopened" version). Also menthol cigarettes please! ;P
250. Along with the idea of heavy storms how about some hail! could break windows causing zeds to go to the source of the sound and also hurt your character if outside during a hail storm. (hail could vary in size to!)
251.Continuous erosion!!! Ive been wanting this since I first started but i noticed that the erosion stops after a certain amount of time (till it hits 100%) but irl it would keep going on. I think it would be amazing to see the roads crack with grass taking them over and ponds forming in low lying areas after years and eventually the city looks my a whole forest with barley any roads showing. Just grass and tress with destroyed looking buildings with wind broken windows, vines going all the way up 5 story buildings, walls collapsed on one or two sides of a building showing its interior. (Heres some examples Pic 01 Pic 02) Of course this would be after years and years, still though I think this would be amazing to see the map grow and change as your survivor continues on his adventure. I just keep imagining Louisville once its done, Imagine it looking like in Pic 01 above after surviving say 20 years in game (if you can that is ;P)
252.  More grow-able crops, This is another big one for me id love to be able to grow more foods like peas, wheat, beans Ect. Wheat would be awesome especially since you can use it for tons of things! Also could add in plant food to make crops produce more food per plant. and maybe find-able pesticides that can be poured into the sprayer.
253. Being able to take seeds out of your food! This would be a nice way to get more seeds from food in your fridge or at the store when you first start
254. Rotting zombies, I know they do "rot" in a way by turning more and more green and get weaker and slower, but i mean visually. like arms dangling on, exposed bones, face half ripped off after hitting a very old zed with a bat or something, that would be pretty wicked.
255. building erosion! I know this kinda adds onto what I was talking about above, but i mean building specific erosion. I know that we have cracks forming, grim on walls and floors, trash accumulating, which is a great start! but i want to see more, I used to do alot of urban exploration and photography of old abandoned buildings so I know after only 10 years of a building sitting there, they can get quite hmm whats the word? peely? lol What I mean is like paint peeling, wall paper peeling, walls collapsing, windows breaking over time, stairs falling through (imagine that happening to your character exploring 20 year old abandoned buildings and falling through the stairs dues to weakness nd water damage, hope you have a splint ;P ) very creaky floorboards and even black mold on walls causing health issues over time. I could go on and on about building erosion but im sure you catch my drift. I dont think it would be too hard to implement wither, most of this could be overlays like the grime on the walls and floor/the trash accumulation.
256. lightning starting fires/lightning striking your character! could also make it possible to live through this but have severe burns!
257. brewing alcohol. Maybe after finding a certain magazine you could build a makeshift still to make your own alcohol! this would be pretty awesome, would also add onto the whole new crops idea to add things like corn, wheat, and grapes, but could also use food already in the game like potatoes for vodka and sugar to make rum. But like I said this would totally need to be a found recipe since it can be a bit of a complicated process actually this would be a good one to add as a VHS tape since you guys were going to add those in for boredom reduction and to learn new crafting recipes!
258. Remove respawning with a new character in survival mode.
259. It takes too long to reach winter in survival mode. The starting month should imo be September or October.
260. Add more functionality to the crowbar.
261. Challenges available in multiplayer
262. Be able to craft "tissue" (handkerchief really) from sheet (best) or clothes (low grade).
263. Craft a coin bludgeon (need coins) from socks or purse.
264. Add fuel to the generator while it is running.
265. Use a cold pack to reduce pain from broken bones.
266. Clothes lines to dry our towels faster.
266. There are slings for rifles and shotguns that reduce their weight, but there is nothing like that for a pistol. Please add a gun holster with a significant weight reduction bonus for pistol and future handguns.
267. More "story elements". Notes left behind for loved ones. Unique keepsakes like a trophy that reads "Kindest Dad In The World". A partially finished coloring book. A photo album featuring birthday pictures of a child in a wheel chair. A sign taped on a door that says "Came by but no one answered. See you soon. -Dave". A "Get Well Soon" bouquet. A partially burned letter that says "Leave the area now. Too many variables. Alpha in effect." 
267. Rifles/shotguns with sling should be taken out of inventory to player hands much faster than without sling to simulate that they are carried on said sling. Same for handguns in holsters.
268. Drug addiction/dependency - now the smoking trait has been brought in with the need to find cigarettes, it would be nice for roleplaying to have a character who has drug dependency, and have various illicit substances hidden around homes which we would need to find. This could lead to negative effects when the drug is consumed (similar to the effect of being drunk), and also when withdrawing if it cant be found. Also on topic, maybe add a passive 'Cough' for smokers which attracts zeds.
269. Craftable trolley for transporting heavy items like Generators. Obviously this would need a visible display of the trolley, so perhaps a bit complex to implement, but would be good if some items were too heavy to carry and so would need us to build the trolley, load on the item and then push it very slowly back to our safehouse. It could also help when scavenging in the big warehouses/supermarkets where we either decide to make multiple trips to bring everything back, or load up the trolley for a single trip. This could be the same way to transport large items of furniture. My character is currently able to pick up and carry an industrial size oven or fridge which could now require the trolley to move around, making the whole thing riskier to bring back to our safehouse.
270. I like the new watch/alarm addition to the game to be able to see the time (My last character got killed when I found an alarm clock and stored it in my safehouse, not realising that an alarm was set on it which attracted a horde). Could we have a simple 'equip' option for the watch so it appears at the top of our inventory along with clothing etc? Off topic slightly, but I now use the alarm quite a lot when looting heavily infested areas. Set it on an alarm clock, leave a little way off and it pulls all the zeds to it in the nearby area. Also good at drawing zeds into a building, then throw a Molotov in there. The alarm keeps them inside so they don't run around spreading it all over town.
271. Lockpicks and windows jimmy's to break into houses. Would be nice for early game when we have no sledgehammer to get into warehouses, or want to get into a building via a specific window and don't want to smash it. On topic, how about a much higher chance of getting cut when climbing through a broken window? I don't do this very often, but it seems I very rarely get cut
272. Boltcutters - similar to above, but for cutting through metal fencing before we have a sledgehammer.
273. Add a simplier indicator of current time/weather to the watch's place. Like: "Evening, rainy" or a picture of the sky.
274. Ability to take shower, which improves your charachter mood, and hygiene ( if it ever will be implemented) 
275. Please make the Menu signs at Pizza Whirled able to be picked up!
276.  And could you do the same with train tracks too? Being able to build a railway would be cool
277. The ability for sandbox to choose Zombie attack animation speed, that way you can have sprinters that don't attack super fast.
278. While you're on animations, could you please add a looking back thing, like "V" button in GTA games - holding button quickly look back. Coz running and radaring is kinda hard.
279. Ability to pull sheet rope up, in order to prevent zombies from destroying it, and other players/ future NPC from using it to their own advantage. 
280. Fast and efficient bulk storage of moddata.
I'm talking megabytes of data.
281. Nerf OP butterknives ^^ (and screwdrivers)
 Like this
281: CTRL+A should select all items in the inventory

282: canned evaporated milk makes baking a mid-game possibility

285. Option to chamber a bullet without a magazine.

286. A easier way to reload multiple magazines for guns, example handgun.

287. A option to turn off the highlighting thing, for those who dont like it.

This is just some small stuff that i think of now and then :)

Edited by gta111

289.? Another thing that would be sweet is different clothing and small stuff. Like other types of watches. Pocket watches, the analog watches, ect. 

290. The chance of stumbling when in panic. Lets say you are panicked/in shock and you are running and dodging zombies and you fall. As of right now you can run around in circles around alot of zeds and be safe. 

Edited by gta111

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread