Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

4 hours ago, Zorak said:

201. Change crafting UI a bit so you see all recipes

-red - you dont know how to craft it

- grey - you know how but dont have mats

- white - you can and have mats to craft it

202. Add trading option for multiplayer. Just simple mmo style with drag window and accept button

203 add simple group system, on player list you can mark people as frendly neutral and hostile.

If you set them as frendly you wont harme them even with pvp on

Neutral - depends on you pvp status

Hostile - you can always attack them

YES!! to 202.

30 minutes ago, Keshash said:

206. Add an indicator of how much the wound have recovered. Something like:

"Torso:

Scratch (Fresh/No indicator/Skin almost regrown)."

Or maybe just "Scratch (2/3 healed)". Or percentage.

Great idea! Could be tied to our first aid skill. Sort of like how with farming we get more info about the crops the higher level we get.

207. Make it clearer to identify if items are on/off.

For things like ovens, microwaves, alarm clocks, digital watches, radios, etc. Could we have a more visible green box that says "On" and a red or gray box that says "Off" that can be toggled? So you see the something like ON/OFF or ON/OFF

If you asked a brand new player to tell you if the oven was on or off, it wouldn't be the simplest thing for them to answer. It will say "Turn on" which has the word "on" but actually means that it is off. I also often struggle when turning alarm clocks on digital watches off to identify if the alarm is actually on/off.

Reduce/Diminishing Returns to Recoildelaymodifier bonus per aiming level.  Currently it gives +2 per level, giving a +20 bonus at aim 10.   Base.Pistol has a RecoilDelay of 20.   With aim 10, it shoots like an automatic. 

209.  (MP specific)

Adding a method to discourage players emptying loot containers to force full loot respawn.  The result is massive piles of junk lying on the ground next to high value loot containers all throughout the maps.  

Edited by strategiry

213. Use pistols and sawed off shotguns in each hand :-o

214. I always do this, but it looks silly; I spin in a circle while resting to keep my head on a swivel. Could there be a new animation for looking over your shoulder while sitting/resting instead? Did I read somewhere that you can't spin/pirouette walk in the upcoming animations?

215.  Haven't seen in it in this thread, pertaining to the early game, how about if I have a real hammer, let me hammer a Stone into a Chipped Stone so I can make axes.  Foraging a 4ish times puts my character in a coma lol, so unless I want to be in dream land forever, I can't forage much for Chipped Stones and I keep getting Stones.  There are many hammers, so I've never made the stone hammer, but being able to turn the stones I find into an axe which is much rarer would be awesome.  Plus the stone axe isn't uber, it quite actually is terrible, but it would give you a way to get a small defensive perimeter set up.

It wouldn't make/break the game and requires no new items, just have a hammer in your inventory, boom can now craft stones into chipped stones. 

216. let people attack through windows that have 1 (maybe 2) planks barricading them. 

When your safe-house gets attacked by zombies you need to go outside (where it is not safe) and fight the zombies in the street.

I feel it would be better if we could defend our safe-house from the safety of our safe-house.

217. let zombies attack through windows that have 1 (maybe 2) planks barricading them.

Because i believe in equal rights.    

Well looks like this thread has gone really big :P and im glad some of the ideas here are implemented into the base game :)

I have 1 more idea that i forgot to ask but feel that it might be a really needed one. (I am reluctant to add more to the long list but here goes)

219. For every weapon add context menu to inspect rounds (to check how many bullets in the gun) and also to take ammo (remove all ammo from the gun including the one in the chamber so when you find useless guns you can atleast empty and get some bullets).

edit: seems like this is similar in function to item no 218 :P but using a different approach.

Edited by ShuiYin

7 minutes ago, Geras said:

221a. Add walkie-talkes to that, too. (We can't remove batteries from walkies now, can we?)

Oh, I mean all devices with batteries. We able take battery from device as radio\walkie-talkes but now it is uncomfortably - we need to interract with device from floor or hands and I suggested to add battery removing function like in flashlights.

Edited by Unghin

On 21.9.2016 at 5:21 PM, strategiry said:

209.  (MP specific)

Adding a method to discourage players emptying loot containers to force full loot respawn.  The result is massive piles of junk lying on the ground next to high value loot containers all throughout the maps.  

MP definitely needs better refreshinging systems in general, more like the DayZ mod.

Clean up unused items on the ground & recycle unused items in containers, respawn more zombies if there aren't any around, make them spread out more, and so on...

223. Seeing as we can already change clock style, how being able to change what weight is measured in. For instance it could be either pounds or grams.

224. Ladders.

225. Locations like crashed plane, fuel-less train, or wrecked boat.

Edited by TheWraithPlayer