Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

10 hours ago, Blake81 said:

Err... Isn't personal hygiene part of the ''Confirmed NOs'' list?

I know its in the no list, i wouldn't want it to be a necessity or have any penalty for not doing it, but washing your rank ass or brushing out the crap between your teeth every so often would make the apocalypse just a little more bearable. the items are in the game why not let them be used as intended?  

3 hours ago, morninam said:

I know its in the no list, i wouldn't want it to be a necessity or have any penalty for not doing it, but washing your rank ass or brushing out the crap between your teeth every so often would make the apocalypse just a little more bearable. the items are in the game why not let them be used as intended?  

No negative for doing it, but a bonus if you do. That way you don't have to do personal hygiene, but it would give you a small bonus to happiness if you do. And like morninam said; the items are already there, why not use them?

16 hours ago, CaptKaspar said:

No negative for doing it, but a bonus if you do. That way you don't have to do personal hygiene, but it would give you a small bonus to happiness if you do. And like morninam said; the items are already there, why not use them?

I hate to be "that guy" but if you buff something, that nerfs something else. Making hygiene a buff would essentially punish people for not using it. While one might see it as only being a bonus, anyone coming in would see it as an advantage that is necessary and that they're being punished for not using it (because they then lack the buff that keeps them at the top/optimal way to play the game).

That being said, I actually like the idea of having hygiene be a part of the game but only in ways related to social interactions with NPCs. So that if an NPC sees you covered in blood and smelling gross, they'll be less likely to like/trust you :)

Edited by Kuren

186. Have a lighter, matches or other form of fire/heat be required for smoking a cigarette.

187. Let the new smoking trait be able to be gained by a character starting without it (like how a player can become skinny or obese) or lost by one starting with it. So a non-smoker will still get nauseous until they've smoked enough cigarettes to gain the trait and a smoker could go through a few days to a week of heavy stress and then continued extra stress for a few weeks beyond that (of course smoking any cigs would bring you back on the time scale required to "fully quit" and lose the trait though).

On 9/14/2016 at 0:21 PM, Zorak said:

165. Add water sounds when near lake / river

188. Make the river more than a place for looks, let us swim across and watch zombies be swept away in the current!

189. Give stuff like rubirx cubes and other currently "space taking items" a boredom lessening effect

189a. Have stuff like packs of cards and board games available for use.

190. Add in animals like feral dogs and livestock (I don't know if this constitutes as npcs, but if it does, I apologize)

191. Ability to overdose on pain meds, and possibly get addicted if used to frequently (essentially would be like the smoker trait.)

192. All the stuff here:

Has a lot of really great ideas, to many to post here without taking up the whole page.

Edited by TheWraithPlayer

33 minutes ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

188. Make the river more than a place for looks, let us swim across and watch zombies be swept away in the current!

189. Give stuff like rubirx cubes and other currently "space taking items" a boredom lessening effect

189a. Have stuff like packs of cards and board games available for use.

190. Add in animals like feral dogs and livestock (I don't know if this constitutes as npcs, but if it does, I apologize)

191. Ability to overdose on pain meds, and possibly get addicted if used to frequently (essentially would be like the smoker trait.)

Love all these :D I've always hoped they would add wading if not swimming to the game at some point and animals (wild and domesticated) are my most wanted feature by far :)

Also, a thought on the "Rubik's Cube" idea. To make sure it's not over powered and you can just use it again and again, it should be "drainable" in a sense, where the amount of boredom reduction and happiness increase would go down (maybe by intervals of 5) each time you use it and it takes time off from playing with it to replenish the boredom reduction and happiness increase. However, this of course should be linked to the player/item relationship and not the item itself (that way someone doesn't play with a "toy" and drain all of its advantages for other players that haven't used it yet).

Edited by Kuren

193. Make constructing a compost bin require worms and some soil as well as the 5 planks and 4 nails it does now.

While it's not necessary for a compost bin to have these things in real life, they do both help a lot in real life, and the compost bin in game currently works quite fast (for obvious gameplay reasons). It's a little too easy to make one right now (in my opinion) and they're a pretty powerful tool for farming, so it might be nice to have to find some worms and gather a bit of soil/dirt as well to make one :)

TheWraithPlayer suggested I post it here to see if it gets noticed:

Basically, each skill can have a trait which gives a boost (10-20%) to earned experience, but gives NO skill points.

It would be cheap (1 or 2 points, depending on the skill's 'importance') and would be mutually exclusive

i.e. you can only pick ONE 'talent' for your character.

PS: As well on a side note, what about being able to use zombie ashes for fertilizer?

Like adding it to the compost bin, ashes are usually good for gardening I've heard.

Edited by Jericoshost
PS

194. Add a chance for zombies to lose interest in banging on pre-made doors and windows if they're not following anything

In most zombie series I remember, even after a couple of years, most windows and doors are intact.

Seeing the city becoming a ruin gives you a sense of progression, but in most of the servers everything just gets destroyed everywhere very quickly and in the late game you lose that sense of progression you originally had. By having everything getting destroyed more slowly I think you can prevent that

16 minutes ago, Livio Persemprio said:

194. Add a chance for zombies to lose interest in banging on pre-made doors and windows if they're not following anything

Unchecking "Environmental Attacks" under the "Zombie Lore" tab in Sandbox will make zombies do this currently :) They still attack if there's a noise behind the object but they stop if it becomes quiet there long enough for them to get bored :)

3 minutes ago, Kuren said:

Unchecking "Environmental Attacks" under the "Zombie Lore" tab in Sandbox will make zombies do this currently :) They still attack if there's a noise behind the object but they stop if it becomes quiet there long enough for them to get bored :)

Yep but in that case they won't ever attack by themselves, I want them to do so, but just not as often, and making them sometimes lose interest looks like a good way of doing it to me.

Thanks though

Edited by Livio Persemprio

12 minutes ago, Livio Persemprio said:

Yep but in that case they won't ever attack by themselves, I want them to do so, but just not as often, and making them sometimes lose interest looks like a good way of doing it to me

In all honesty, ever since it's been introduced I've always turned environmental attacks off and they still wreck stuff up without my intervention :) Just not as much as they would with it on of course :P It really just stops zeds from getting glued to an object after they hear a sound. They still break stuff up on their own though, especially when they're in bigger groups :)

Edited by Kuren

17 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

What gates are you talking about here NebNebber?

RJ has had a look and all the ones he's found are already transparent.

Maybe its been updated as i havent had a chance to play for a few weeks.

I was speaking of the 'top tier' Metal Door that you craft. The metal bar/pole door/gate thingy.

195. Make standing, walking and running impact crafting and transferring items differently.

196. If it's possible, make items' icons that lie on the ground appear not straight in the centre of the tile. So they wouldn't pile up on the one spot, but rather redistribute through the tile. That way multiple items on one tile would look way better. 

Edited by Keshash

9 hours ago, Keshash said:

195. Make standing, walking and running impact crafting and transferring items differently.

196. If it's possible, make items' icons that lie on the ground appear not straight in the centre of the tile. So they wouldn't pile up on the one spot, but rather redistribute through the tile. That way multiple items on one tile would look way better. 

Better yet, make it so that objects make a 3D pile so to speak, essentially having a sprite that makes all the stuff look like a heap or a pile.

I might kick myself in the butt for suggesting this but:

197. When sprinting your speed slowly degrades over time. Great! But if you let go of the shift key for less than 1 second, you regain your full sprint speed. Shouldn't there be some delay before you can regain your full sprint speed? IRL if I sprint myself to exhaustion where I can barely run anymore, it'll take me more than a second to get my full speed back.

198. Be able to add sheet ropes to existing railing like here at the hotel in Muldraugh:

http://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.41799873857383785,0.16235631338689868,492.22352429520214

199. When furniture is placed on the tile at the top of stairs, it does not stop players/zombies from passing on the way up. They can pass right through whatever object is placed there. However, it does stop players/zombies from traveling down the stairs.

Edited by CaptKaspar

200. Attack zombies/players that are on a level above or below you.

Recently in a MP game we fortified that hotel in Muldraugh. Shortly after setting up our defenses we were assaulted by a horde of zombies that were pulled by a meta event. It had to be at least 100 zombies! It was super awesome, especially because we had a brand new player with us, but the noob asked "They are going to break through eventually right? How do we go about thinning their numbers?" It was then that we realized that there was nothing we could do.

How about dropping rocks, using spears, shooting guns, etc, etc to fight off zombies/players that are attacking your walls. The only way to fight them now is to sally forth outside your walls and fight them (on the same level), which sort of defeats the purpose of building walls.

Edited by CaptKaspar

201. Change crafting UI a bit so you see all recipes

-red - you dont know how to craft it

- grey - you know how but dont have mats

- white - you can and have mats to craft it

202. Add trading option for multiplayer. Just simple mmo style with drag window and accept button

203 add simple group system, on player list you can mark people as frendly neutral and hostile.

If you set them as frendly you wont harme them even with pvp on

Neutral - depends on you pvp status

Hostile - you can always attack them

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread
  • nasKo pinned this topic