Small but Important Suggestions Thread

ShuiYin

7 minutes ago, NebNebber said:

I gots another one.

So, your only weapon is close to breaking, the zombie goes down, wouldnt you rather stomp on it instead of using the last few hits of your precious nail bat. 

Prehaps you could press 'E' to stomp as a kind of secondary attack on a downed zombie.

But you already can stomp downed zombies by pressing space :) Space pushes/stomps zombies.

89. Darker nights in general.

89a. Realistic moon cycles for some additional light during some nights.

29 minutes ago, Geras said:

But you already can stomp downed zombies by pressing space :) Space pushes/stomps zombies.

Oooh, i didnt realize this, i have space bound with ready weapon, have had for years, i find it much better than shift...

Wow, wev nearly got to 100 'little' suggestions, should keep the devs busy!

RESPECT to TIS.  Best indie game by FAR!  Thanks for giving your time to listen to our requests. This game is really shaping up to be OUR game, we are some very lucky gamers to have such attentive developers, even if not one of these suggestions makes it in at least they are good listeners

21 hours ago, Keshash said:

70. Could you add something like auto-close doors, so one doesn't have to turn around and manually close them?

in real life you have to turn around and close them as well i think :P

10 hours ago, NebNebber said:

Saving your Character as a preset like you can with professions and traits.

i alwo want this if possible (i think requires quite an effort) better still if we can save a default character settings.

6 hours ago, Geras said:

82. Make it so day and night length change with seasons (did a quick test, on 21th of December it gets dark at 9pm, where it should at 5:20pm). http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/louisville

83. Dig holes with shovel or trowel (or bare hands for that matter) as a first step of building a log wall (not my idea). That should prevent building log walls on concrete or asphalt or hard surfaces.

84. Being in a room with a wall clock shows current time.

EDIT

85. Make it so a hot cuppa does not consume an entire coffee jar.

85a. Make it so hot cuppa recipes requires being close to a heat source (working oven, lit campfire, lit BBQ etc.)

86. Make it so our character automatically picks first aid stuff from first aid kits in inventory or backpack when clicking RMB on health screen. I find myself never using first aid kits because you need to equip them first and manually take the stuff out. Too much hassle to be useful.

87. Make it so barbed wire has more uses then just 1 per piece.

i also want 84 to see clock when in a room with a clock. i think 85 is a good suggestion too the not consume a jar thing should be easy but the near heatsource thing might need a new added recipe field (require heat) but i like these as well.

86. i also want a hotbutton for some items like what Blindcoder did maybe hot button items for explosives and healing objects but this is requiring a lot of modification.

5 hours ago, Geras said:

moon phases affecting night darkness setting would be awesome but might be hard to implement :P

21 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Yup, every T°, day/night length, moon phases, rain, etc.. are in game, based on 2013 real Muldraugh datas.

It's not fixed tho, it's random between a min/max for each month (for T°/dawn/dusk)

I always suspected this :P btw since in one of the challenge mode i think i read the zombie will be slowed down by frost maybe this can be a normal setup for winter (ofcourse players suffer the same penalty too when outside for too long)

On 25.08.2016 at 11:10 AM, RobertJohnson said:

Yup, every T°, day/night length, moon phases, rain, etc.. are in game, based on 2013 real Muldraugh datas.

It's not fixed tho, it's random between a min/max for each month (for T°/dawn/dusk)

Sorry for double post. I did more checks (more than 10) and on 21th of December it always gets almost completely dark at 20:40 and it's almost completey bright at 7:20. Every time. Also did some tests on 21th of June. It gets completely dark at about 20:40 and it's almost completely bright at 7:20. I don't deny that there is a system in place, but it does not seem to work.

Edited by Geras

I would like it if you could use clothing to dry yourself like a towel. It can be specific to clothing that is inside a building so that you don't dry yourself with wet clothes but I'm not picky... any clothes would work for me... maybe it won't dry you all the way, in case it's already damp or wet... but even some drying per shirt or pants or skirt or whatever... I would really like that. Thanks

91. Adjust some weights of items. I noticed last night:

• Mattresses value 2.0 - This seems very low to me. If I understand it correctly; the weight value is more of an encumbrance value. A plastic chair has a value of 5.0 for example. They weigh next to nothing, but can be cumbersome to move around IRL. A mattress is large and fairly heavy. I think a value in the range of 10 or so would be more appropriate.
  • Lollipop value is 0.1 - A nail is 0.01. A lollipop is not 10x more cumbersome than a carpentry nail. The weights should be fairly close and a lollipop can fit just about anywhere.

There are sure to be a bunch more items that could use some adjusting, those are just two that I noticed last night.

92. Be able to control your character as they climb up/down sheet ropes. Or at least be able to look at whats at the bottom/top of the sheet rope before climbing down/up them. Ideally both.

• I climbed down a sheet rope last night that was at the top of a wall. The sheet rope was facing NW, so I could not see what was at the bottom. There were no less than 10 zombies waiting for me as I climbed down. I saw them there before I got to the bottom, but I was powerless to stop my character from climbing down into the horde. IRL we would first look down before climbing down. If we were climbing down and we then noticed there were zombies, we would stop climbing down, since that's essentially committing suicide.

93. I think it should be a "Stick Trap" instead of a "Trap Stick"

94. Have it so that the status of items on the map changes when the area is not loaded. Right now crops continue to 'grow' (die), so I know this is possible.

• Fires should burn out.
  • Rain barrels should fill.
  • Crops should be watered when it rains.
  • Zombies should destroy sheet ropes (this one might be tough without zombies being loaded on the map). But the idea is that if you have a safe house that is only accessible by sheet ropes and you leave on a multi-day loot run, when you come back you might not be able to get up into your safe house because zombies destroyed your sheet ropes.

Edited by CaptKaspar

95. Show/hide upper floors with the press of a button.

96. Option to start in the same spot when playing coop.

97. Players should not fall off "cliffs" when walking, only when sprinting. This is especially important in MP, some players will grief by building cliffs that are impossible to see (i hope you know what i mean)

98. Remove unhappyness from cigarettes ;P

2 hours ago, Blake81 said:

Or maybe add a ''Smoker'' Trait; where cigarettes REMOVE unhappiness instead of adding it, but you become unhappy if you don't smoke one once in a while.

i think this is a pretty cool suggestion. but I dont know if it should have positive or negative points attributed to it. it seems like it could be neutral, but i cant really decide

99. Add 2-4 weeks, 1-2 months as an option for water/electricity shutoff time in sandbox.

i've seen this asked for in the past. I at least want a guarantee of a few weeks of utilities so I can stockpile water and gather some supplies when the lights are still working. the only option that gives a guarantee is the 2-6 months option, and that's too long in my opinion. 

100. Add the option to choose what level your skills will be when starting out in sandbox.

I find that I abuse the xp multiplier because I want certain skills high. however I don't want other skills to increase at the same speed. in my case id like to just be able to choose to have my sprinting maxed because I like exploring all the vanilla and player made locations. also I like aiming to be maxed because i use ortmans gun mod and by the time i've reached a high enough level to hit anything I'm out of ammo. but all the other skills id like to be able to work for instead of just handed to me

Edit: I know i could just choose a profession that boosts aiming, but sometimes I just need to fire into a horde with an M16 on full auto and watch them all drop from my perfect aim. :P 

Edited by morninam

A lot of good ideas here!

ill just add few not mentioned before

101): more ammo spawn: its hard to use guns not only because the noise but also lack of ammo, its hard to find enough to start a gun fight or just lvl up shooting skill

102) less canned food

103) jar lids reusable, more jars and lids spawn, required lvl 2 in cooking to makre jars with food - I remember long time ago preserving food was so much requested feature and then RJ added it ! But we dont use it as you never find enough jars / lids for winter and canned food is just too common.

104) more light sources (torches, bigger flashlights) + darker nights.

105) pills that work like herbs : faster fracture healing etc.

106) more buff for cooking, nutrition is nice but now we eat different kind of "spawned" food instead of cooking. That well feed buff is good but dont last long.

107) make that 1hit-jaw-stab with knifes require lvl 2 or 3 in blade skills (its OP)

108) merge lightfoot and sneaking skills into stealth skill: they are not worth investing skill points in them.

109) merge defence skills into one.

110) buff metal wall HP by 4-5 times !

Edited by Zorak
few more things and typos

107)  FIRE should not travel across asphalt, sand and gravel. Pleas fix the damn "soaked in gasoline world" thing. 

Spoiler

Left a microwave, now all the map is screwed..  You know what? If you love fire so much at least let the roads be borders.

fire_Background.jpg

108) Microwaves should not be 100 firestarters (they have timers, rathlord can set it to 99:99 (somehow), but they usually set timers properly)

109) Microwaves should be usable only with cups, bowls, meat and burgers and whatever is not made om metal.

110) We now have A LOT of stones, please add an improved fireplace building recipe, I mean no ignitions near the campfire.

Edited by GOGOblin

111. make the waking up anxious events have a cause. maybe when it happens its because a smallish pack of zombies spawned outside your base/house/camp/whatever. so its kinda like the helicopter but not as drastic, and it could be more frequent(not sure if the helicopter spawns zombies as well as attracts them) 

On 8/24/2016 at 0:50 AM, Blasted_Taco said:

I just have the simple request of not be able to read in the dark or craft complex stuff in the dark.

Light sources should be something you want and at the same time you fear, i barely see people using flashlights while raiding and the ONLY time i seen flashlights uses are when making lamp posts, batteries would become a valuable commodity as candles would.

I read things in the dark, cook in the dark, etc. in real life.

112. With the Night Owl trait, you'd be able to! Would make it much more useful than it is currently.

Edited by Johnny Fisher

113) Reading books must reduce fatigue, because you do not move at all

114) Smoking without a fire source - same as reading in darkness JhonnyFisher mentioned above.

115) Please fix food mood penalties: eating raw mushroom is much more unpleasant than uncooked ramen noodles (believe me). There are a lot of issues like equal penalties for both cooked and uncooked rice/pasta, some odd multipling penalties when adding fresh ingredients to sandwiches and salads started with not fresh ones, watermelons that are more depressive when cut in pieces and some more (Have found out this recentely when my character had a big depression and started some survival cuisine experiments).

116) Remove "boring" for reading books. Its absolutely odd: "Oh, I need to read how to feed myself in postapoc world - boooring" "Oh, I need to read how to build a safe house to avoid terrible death from zombies claws - boooring.. ". 

Edited by GOGOblin

'Sup all, I've been playing Zomboid since the days of NPCs and 2D sprites, and I hope you're all enjoying the changes and progress as much as I've been since then. I only have two suggestions that I can think of, and both would be fairly easy to implement, I'd think.

1. The chest pictured below is able to be picked up, but its name is "SMall chest" which is a small little error I figured I'd mention. Not even sure if it even belonged here, but it's my favorite chest and I'd love to see it fixed :3

http://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.42697959066696817,0.1642391713897111,4089.343991943971

2. Please, for the love of God, implement the ability to change from a 24 hour clock to a 12 hour clock, I suck ass at reading 24 hour clocks so 90% of the time I have no idea what actual time it is without looking outside my beautiful safe house.

Regards and godspeed.

Edited by Renonymous
Forgot to add the link

• nasKo changed the title to Small but Important Suggestions Thread
  • nasKo pinned this topic