Tagging looted houses

SaltandPretzels

I begin thinking and wondering can we give your charachter the ability to tag the house . For example if you already looted the house you wont forget by tagging it( like grafity on the wall or on the ground. 

Because I think when NPC is (finnaly) released then we would have a hard to time to understand which houses are looted ,  stoked or used as a shelter . 

At least it's my train of thought. 

I have used shoes like Geras as well or just opened all the doors of a house I looted.

If you only play one game at a time you can create private tags in project zomboid maps to mark which house you have looted.

But yes spray paint in the base game could be nice to have for that role.

Edited by vanorfeadiel

17 hours ago, winterpyre said:

Nothing says looted better than burnt to the ground....

Not everyone has pyromaniac tendencies. I like to save as many buildings as I can . Keeps more zombies out of sight and out of mind. Although I like occasionally set the zombies on fire... - insert evil laugh- 

i usually break the front door with an axe and leave the remains there (maybe sometimes i took the plank and leave the rest) so i know when i see a doorless house with some doorknobs than they are already ransacked. but do remember that loot do refill after a while :P but i prefer to loot new houses and leave looted houses alone.

• 1 month later...

I've always left all the doors open of houses iv looted (I loot everything I will ever need from a house usually, but close the doors if I left anything in there I will need so I know to go back). Using an axe to take the door off seems a bit excessive and a waste to the axe's condition in my opinion. I agree spraypainting would be a nice idea though.

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2016 at 10:16 AM, Ocelot said:

I've always left all the doors open of houses iv looted (I loot everything I will ever need from a house usually, but close the doors if I left anything in there I will need so I know to go back). Using an axe to take the door off seems a bit excessive and a waste to the axe's condition in my opinion. I agree spraypainting would be a nice idea though.

I use a similar method, and once I have a hammer and some nails I start taking down doors around my neighborhood to use for building and barricading.