"e" to turn TV/radio/generator on and off

Geras

We use "e" (by default) to quickly interact with stuff in the world. Yet it takes 3 clicks of a mouse to turn a TV/radio on. 6 clicks for on and off cycle. I think 4 clicks to turn a generator on and off. I can't see any good enough reason why not make it so those items can be turned on/off with "e" key.

I never bother with turning TVs or radios off in houses I loot but if it was a real life scenario, I would.

EDIT:

And maybe hold "e" to change station or TV channel? That'd be great.

Edited by Geras

Yeah this makes sense, its also slightly annoying that the tv and radio window stays on screen even when you walk away from it, it would be more helpful if the oven did this so you could keep one eye on the cooking but it makes more sense that you can only 'see' things you are near.

But yeah, like lamps and windows ect, tapping 'e' should work for radios and tv's. 

Good suggestion.

On 20.08.2016 at 5:40 PM, NebNebber said:

Yeah this makes sense, its also slightly annoying that the tv and radio window stays on screen even when you walk away from it (snip)

I find it annoying as well.

EDIT:

Wow, my suggestion was mentioned in a mondoid :) Woohoo

Edited by Geras

While we're onto this and now that it has gotten the Dev's attention, any chance for us having a similar dedicated button for the Equipped Radio as well?

I always like to hang around with a Walkie-Talkie and some headphones when exploring, as I can keep hearing the cool news and stuff as they happen. But, it was always a hassle to either turn it off or change the station, and all this time fiddling menus in the open can often distract you from seeing that Zed that came out of hiding to bite your buttocks.