Storage containers for small items

Tony_Travesi

Hi, is it possible to make bags for nails let say 20/each. i mean is preety annoying when i want to ake 10 nails from stock of 200. either one by one, either play with highlighting them.. it doesn`t make any difference to game itself it will be just more convinient. you can make craftable or lootable bags which - when they are in main inventory - can be used straight away, not moving item to main inventory to build doors or anything.  

So, basically, hello again.

This time I'm here with the suggestion regarding a very common issue with Zomboid - stockpile of small things like 9mm bullets, or shotgun shells. (And a pack of 20 cigarretes weighting like hell)

So, basically, we already have containers, right? Those are meant to be working as "bags", where you can store your items in order to dicrease the weight. These containers that I'm about to suggest will work the different way.

Let's say, right now we already have the "small item containers", and even more - working the way they are intended. It's seeds packets.

Cabbage_Seeds_Packet.png

Seeds packet. Stores 50 cabbage seeds. You click "unpack" on it, and you get 50 seeds out of it instantly.

Cabbage_Seeds.png

Seeds. That way you actually get seeds out of the "storage". It works! (although you can't put seeds back in the packet, it still works to neccessary point.)

Now, let's see. What items can we apply the same system?

___

?

Shells pack. Stores up to 12 shells. Click "unpack". (Can store up more, I haven't checked up with RL ones)

32px-Shotgunammo.png

Shotgun Shells. Stored in shell pack by 12 (?). Used to load inside the shotgun.

___

Ammo..png

9mm ammo crate. Used to store 9mm rounds. (x10)

OR

BerettaClip.png

9mm ammo magazine. Used to store 9mm rounds. (x?)

?

9mm ammo. Used in pistol clips.

___

?

Nails packet. Stores up to X amount of nails.

32px-Nails.png

Nails. Used for carpentry.

___

32px-Cigarettes.png

Cigarettes pack. Used to store cigarettes. (x20)

?

Cigarette. Used to smoke, getting rid of stress.

___

Now just add ability to store the items back into the pack and have a small manageable window that shows how much it's filled (Something like : Cigarettes pack [13/20] (2) ; Where [13/20] is amount of cigarettes stored inside, and (2) is amount of actual Cigarette packs in your inventory. IF the packs have different amount of cigarettes in them, just make it like : Cigarettes pack (2) ; and then you can expand the item, and see in drop-down menu how much each cigarette pack stores inside it.)

Tell me what you think. Maybe we finally have a way to get rid of the whole "stacking items weighting too much" problem once and for all.

Merged threads :)

-RoboMat

Damn, Robo always cuts the thread just as I'm about to comment :D btw there's also a thread regarding the same thing here (merge?). But anyways @Leo, it is quite easy to mod this with the recipe system if you want to have it work like this. For example:

Create a ShellsPack item, add the distribution and maybe remove the old distribution and then make the recipe:

recipe Unpack Shells

{

ShellsPack,

Result: ShotgunShells=12

Time:20

}

Damn, Robo always cuts the thread just as I'm about to comment :D btw there's also a thread regarding the same thing here (merge?). But anyways @Leo, it is quite easy to mod this with the recipe system if you want to have it work like this. For example:

Create a ShellsPack item, add the distribution and maybe remove the old distribution and then make the recipe:

recipe Unpack Shells

{

ShellsPack,

Result: ShotgunShells=12

Time:20

}

Think you can do that? :P There's a couple of missing sprites, as seen in my reply, but if someone manages to pull that off, that'd be awesome.

Grab "..." is already in the newer builds.

Really? Damn one of my mods is not letting tht show up ughghgh.

Do you have the sleeping overhaul installed? That could cause the problem because it is only released for 2.9.9.10.

No i use mods like the craft bat/craft crowbar bat/other craft bat mods, wring out towel mod, food exp and a few others tht i forgot about.