Best Bases

TheWraithPlayer

On 2016-08-16 at 11:17 PM, HaloCOws said:

My favorite base location by far is the storage units just behind Sunstar. It is centrally located in muldraugh making runs to either side of town a breeze, as well as McCoy being just across the highway basically, making acquiring a sledgehammer on the first day a piece of cake as well as a stock of axes. There is also an abundance of trees nearby as well, and a water cooler inside the office of the storage units making for a supply of water whilst it's still on. The large metal fence makes an excellent existing layer of defense, allowing for zombies to be whacked through it with an axe if need be. I like to then create log walls between the ends of the units to create a more private space that zombies cannot spot me through. This also makes keeping potential crops free of zombie blood not an issue at all as well.  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=745985922

You are a person of taste I see.

I love that place sooo much! Once creative is out I am turning it into an over-run survivor camp.

4 hours ago, RealNewDeal said:

Anyone have a base using the new metal walls and fences?

Haven't found enough of the required stuff to complete a perimeter, but will post about it when (if) I do. It's very costly for what you get but you can make some pretty resilient stuff for a "best base" if you have that much spare stuff.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

I like a lot of places, personally I had most fun in Dixie's Trailer Park (close to both cities, functions as trading post as well on Multiplayer), but I loved the Church in West-Point (not the one in the middle of WP, but the one to the north).  Sunstar Motel is great fun in multiplayer (everyone has their own room and such) and the Hunting Lodge makes for a fun base, though for me it's a bit too far away from everything.

Here are some of my Dixie pictures; I made a stair inside a trailer, then destroyed the roof, to create a 2nd floor, then created a roof on that, which I put sand on to make a garden. I also built two stairs to go up to the billboard, then demolished the stairs after I was done, so I had this cool lookout over the freeway, I could see everyone who came by.

dixie1.jpg

dixie2.jpg

You can fortify the second level and create a window frame on the roof so you can freely enter or leave. 

Or

You can always knock the windows out with a sledgehammer and fill it with whatever you want. I created a combination of boarded up fences and crates to fill the space in.