Few suggestions

Zaojeth

Power Plant/Energy plant - I've noticed that, when the lights turn off, you can't turn them again in a house or in the city, not even with a generator and fuel, I don't know if it's a bug with the generator, it's supposed to generate electric energy to power a house or a place, but it seems that it didn't work that way, just for a fridge, T.V. etc.
So my suggestion is, for example to create a new building like an energy plant, it's very common in all cities to have one that feeds all the electric energy in it city, it could be an objective for players as well, try to repair some generators in the plant to fix it and make it work as well, that could add as well new books, like some specialized to the plant control, add a new kind of zed (now with the new clothing/animation system) a plant operator.
That could be a hard task, but worth of it in the end.

Windows - When you start the game, all the world is completely untouched, but when you progress, practically all the city is totally destroyed, I'm particulary a hard roleplay fan, so we sometimes use to barricade a small fragment of the city and then populate again in our servers, like a safe zone, so, maybe the glass windows could be a great implementation to the vanilla game (since we have wooden window frames but we don't have any windows to put in them, so they are particulary useless)

Magazines - The guns has a simple reloading, just press "R" key and if you have the ammo, it reloads totally. I've noticed that there's a 9mm magazine but it's just an adornment because it has no use in the real gun.
I'm just suggesting a new and real reloading system, where you have 3 magazines (just for example), with a capacity of 15 bullets, so you need to fill it and go out, if that magazines get out of ammo, then you need to fill the magazines again.
I know that using a gun is basically activate a dinner bell, but a new gun system could be great.

Asphalt - When erosion starts, you can't get out of it, again, I'm a hard roleplayer so if we are living in a city zone that's barricaded, it's supposed that the community is giving maintenance to the asphalt and buildings, so I would like to see any way to repair that trenches in the asphalt or buildings.
It could be useful for construction as well, for example if you're living in the forest, you can put asphalt to make roads (thinking in a big server with a safe zone populated), I've noticed as well that there's no way to reconstruct/remove floors from the ground level (I've set a wooden floor in the road accidentaly and that floor stayed there).

Those are my suggestions, just a point of view.

Edited by Zaojeth

you can now dissassemble windows i think but this means that you have to find one with the exact same design so as not to make them look awful. a better option is to let you dissasemble windows and get the glass to put on another window (so that hopefully it can block cold weather out). you may simplify it to just 1 type of glass for all windows or you can divide it to large glass , 2 glass normal piece, 4 small glass piece, and so on.

There's the trouble, you depend on already crafted objects.  We could use actually some artisan process to make glass, and this may be be a further implementation for the current metalwork system.
There's a lot of items we could do with the glass, apart from windows/doors, it opens a full world of items like magnifying glass, to see plants or bugs (they could be even a new addition for medicine in the game), glasses (if your character have myopia), use a glass fragment or glasses as an improvised sun lighter, and other posibilities. For example, here's a video about making glass using sand, anvils, and some high temperature fire:

Edited by Zaojeth

I think the dev in zomboid try to avoid complex processes thats why they scrapped the furnace which i quite agree. So they rather go for improvised solutions and practical things that can be done by survivors. like instead of making a magnifying glass you are better off raiding the local stores for them. and instead of making glass you can just grap an existing one and cut it a bit using saws maybe and fit it to the glassless windows.

in a real apocalypse i would stay away from glass as they tend to break easily and make a lot of noise. the only use i can think of is to spread glass on the floor to detect intruders. and to melt it to bullets maybe using a blowtorch and ammo cast

10 hours ago, ShuiYin said:

I think the dev in zomboid try to avoid complex processes thats why they scrapped the furnace which i quite agree. So they rather go for improvised solutions and practical things that can be done by survivors. like instead of making a magnifying glass you are better off raiding the local stores for them. and instead of making glass you can just grap an existing one and cut it a bit using saws maybe and fit it to the glassless windows.

in a real apocalypse i would stay away from glass as they tend to break easily and make a lot of noise. the only use i can think of is to spread glass on the floor to detect intruders. and to melt it to bullets maybe using a blowtorch and ammo cast

I'm sorry, but I think that glass bullets wouldn't do so well.

14 hours ago, ShuiYin said:

At the time, Project Zomboid is based in the first year or two of a survivor (as long as I can see), but some communities are showing us that there's more to do when you can survive more than you expected, when you get experience playing this game, you know how to avoid zombies, farming, raid places and defend your bases (that it's a hard task alone, but a bit easier playing with a group), then the game should approach to a real way of thinking of an human being.

Are we really just leaving everything, and lost all our civilizated way of thinking in a zombie apocalypse? No, not really, maybe we could get more like a cold blood killer, but in the end, civilization is everything for an human, and trying to reconstruct at least a part of it, it's a need of it, for example, as we can see in The Walking Dead, apocalypse wasn't the end of all, a lot of small villages as Hilltop or Alexandria survived and tried to get civilization back again in some way.

That's a part about what I'm suggesting, thinking more like a survivor in all the social and order needs, in a small village it's obvious that you're going to be surrounded by walls, trying to avoid zeds, with walls, windows are not a problem anymore, you need to be comfortable, as the population as well, you're not going to live in a small colony afraid of broken windows if you have a wall around you.
There's a lot of needs in a colony, smiths (if the ammo isn't enough), glass workers, medics, builders, some politician trying to keep all the survivors togheter, and other stuff like that.
That could be like 3 - 4 years after apocalypse, when people understand that the government is totally down and the only persons that can keep society up are themselves.
I'm going too long at this point giving this explanation some ways of thinking of a survivor, but it's true, and this also could be an addition for the NPC in the future, make them more like a person trying to survive, but also with needs of social and order, not just killing machines.

Maybe if the glass system is too complex, it could be reduced, like using a pot, fill it with sand and use a campfire or a kitchen stove to compress all the crystal fragments, then pour it in a metal base or something, idk, but there's the point, thinking further from just the first few years.

Edited by Zaojeth