Older versions...

Thebig44

Question

Hello there survivors.

I've been wonderin' if it was possible to POST any older versions of the game.

I have attempted to contact lemmy and others - No responses, thats why i setup a thread for this.

Just to make it clear - I do not want to create some kind of market of older versions, without the permission of the actual creators :I

This' maybe be a request to the creators setup a thread of links of older versions too.

As this has been already responded i decided to add the links:

Version 1.5d https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgrfdy3ugaxt45u/Project%20Zomboid%201.5d.rar

Version 0.2Q  https://www.dropbox....a/pz_0_2_0q.zip Credit to Enigma

Version 2.0R 2.5  https://www.dropbox....Zomboid_RC2.exe Credit to Enigma

5 minutes ago, Okamikurainya said:

Ah! It could be that the .BAT file hasn't been modified to point to your Java version.

I'm not sure what your Java version is, but on my Win7, I opened up the "ProjectZomboid - High.bat" in a text editor and changed the path for the Java to my current Java's install directory.

set path=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_221\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_221\bin;
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_221\bin\java" -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.security.policy=applet.policy -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+ScavengeBeforeFullGC -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:Tier2CompileThreshold=30000 -XX:CompileThreshold=1500 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=3 -XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Dorg.lwjgl.util.NoChecks=true -Djava.library.path=./  -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;minlog-1.2.jar;reflectasm-1.01.jar;asm-3.3.1.jar;./ zombie.FrameLoader
PAUSE

Wierd, im just had an same .bat properly modified to deal with current x64 java 8, but there is same error. Maybe because i have 64x java or 4 gigabytes of memory allocated for soft?

1 minute ago, hausek98 said:

Wierd, im just had an same .bat properly modified to deal with current x64 java 8, but there is same error. Maybe because i have 64x java or 4 gigabytes of memory allocated for soft?

Did it load fine with a fresh install minus the zombie file overwrite?
Maybe try running in compatibility mode?

On 8/28/2019 at 3:36 PM, hausek98 said:

Wierd, im just had an same .bat properly modified to deal with current x64 java 8, but there is same error.

Created an account finally just to post this, so hello PZ Community!

But, I'm having this problem as well. Perhaps it's just me entering my Java path wrong, but I swear I followed it pretty well. I'm mostly just curious now to see how this can be fixed for Win10, as I would really like to experience such an early stage in the game's life. Cheers!

Might just be down to not having a sound card compatible with OpenAL, assuming the dll is not missing. 

It's a problem we dealt with pretty regularly before the game switched to FMOD. 

Also not 100% sure if the game supports 64-bit OpenAL at that point in time. Try it on the 32-bit version of Java?

1 hour ago, hausek98 said:

Build 0.2.0q works perfectly fine, just make sure you have Java x32 (it didnt want to launch with x64). Thanks to everyone who spent his time to solve this problems!

Well, that'd explain why it couldn't find the 64-bit lib.

Thanks for the heads up. :D 

On 8/28/2019 at 3:06 AM, Okamikurainya said:

To play 0.2.0q, just extract the contents of this zip to the main folder of your 0.2.0q directory and overwrite the zombie folder and all files within.
Start up the game and minimize the login screen and just play.
Just leave the login screen alone, clicking "login" or closing it will make the game think you're failing or quitting so just minimize it and leave it.

Mods, feel free to delete this post if this goes against the terms or anything.

So, I finally decided to attempt again after 3.5 years and see someone posted a solution. I love you. 

Edited by JAK

This works with 0.2.0q, but is there a way to get the other 2 working nowadays? Is it possible to use keys from the steam game or have all keys died with Desura?

On 8/28/2019 at 7:06 AM, Okamikurainya said:

To play 0.2.0q, just extract the contents of this zip to the main folder of your 0.2.0q directory and overwrite the zombie folder and all files within.
Start up the game and minimize the login screen and just play.
Just leave the login screen alone, clicking "login" or closing it will make the game think you're failing or quitting so just minimize it and leave it.

Mods, feel free to delete this post if this goes against the terms or anything.