Older versions...

Thebig44

Question

Hello there survivors.

I've been wonderin' if it was possible to POST any older versions of the game.

I have attempted to contact lemmy and others - No responses, thats why i setup a thread for this.

Just to make it clear - I do not want to create some kind of market of older versions, without the permission of the actual creators :I

This' maybe be a request to the creators setup a thread of links of older versions too.

As this has been already responded i decided to add the links:

Version 1.5d https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgrfdy3ugaxt45u/Project%20Zomboid%201.5d.rar

Version 0.2Q  https://www.dropbox....a/pz_0_2_0q.zip Credit to Enigma

Version 2.0R 2.5  https://www.dropbox....Zomboid_RC2.exe Credit to Enigma

STALKER and Resident Evils inventory tetris worked with a controller :P

I never played STALKER (If only because I can't get my hands on a version without Polish dubbing [atm. anyway] which I absolutely hate) and I forgot about Resident Evil. Yeah, it can work but even then, RE had it very simple and paused the game when people were managing the inventory so there was plenty of time for it.

Is this a way to re-install Build 32? I'd love that, I'm having a  lot of problems with 33 >.< Sorry guys and if this is, which file from the 3 links do I download? And how do I install them? >n<!!

Is this a way to re-install Build 32? I'd love that, I'm having a  lot of problems with 33 >.< Sorry guys and if this is, which file from the 3 links do I download? And how do I install them? >n<!!

To reinstall B32, all you need to do is go to the same place where you entered in the password to have access to B33 and opt out of the beta branch. I repeat, it is a beta branch. That's why you are having so many problems. It's open to the public for us to report bugs, and no those are not B32 downloads. They are downloads for classic Alpha versions of the game.

Months later, I'm still getting the error from my post on Page 2, but I did manage to get 2.0r started.

"yay!"

Sadly the zombies didn't have the alien heads ;c

*cri*

I guess I will never be able to experience the alien zombie invasion..

*cri*

But it is really cool that they never stop moving.. Creepy..

"eek!"

I'll just stick to my polished Project Zomboid B33, Thank You.

"haha"

2.0r feels like Project Zomboid if it were on the NES or 64

"LOL"

GG!

Months later, I'm still getting the error from my post on Page 2, but I did manage to get 2.0r started.

That's actually easy to fix.

Open up one of the .bat files with a text editor and edit the path to the Java install directory. For example

set path=%path%;%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin;%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre7\bin;"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre7\bin\java"

The one above doesn't work because it points to a non-existent directory. The one below is after I fixed it to point to my actual Java install dir.

set path=%path%;%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin;%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin;"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin\java"

That's actually easy to fix.

Open up one of the .bat files with a text editor and edit the path to the Java install directory. For example

set path=%path%;%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin;%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre7\bin;"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre7\bin\java"

The one above doesn't work because it points to a non-existent directory. The one below is after I fixed it to point to my actual Java install dir.

set path=%path%;%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin;%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin;"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin\java"

Thanks I got it! You're awesome! :D

All old versions seem to be dead, because desura sometimes goes down or fails. This is easy to fix, you have to have some .key files and a .log one on the installed folder, the game@projectzomboid.com email won't work either.

Would it be also okay if i uploaded 0.2.0l to here?

Also, here's 0.1.4c if it matters. http://www.moddb.com/games/project-zomboid/downloads/project-zomboid-tech-demo-014c

(it's a demo anyways)

Edit : 2.9.7 RC2.5 http://www.moddb.com/games/project-zomboid/downloads/project-zomboid-297-latest-build-pc

(it requires a desura key so you better hope you have one lying around-- nevermind, desura is dead anyways.)

Edit : Can some mod PM me if i would be able to post a way to bypass the desura login? I found a way to do it to play 2.9.7 only.

Edited by Noober84555
added 2.9.7

On 3/3/2015 at 0:02 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

Just a heads up: Desura versions no longer require authentication to play.

Just use the following e-mail and password to login:

username: game@projectzomboid.com

password: game

It didn't work please help,it does a black screen and doesn't change

Edited by Jeemo
I messed up

17 hours ago, JAK said:

after spending over 5 hours trying to get 2.0Q working.. i've given up.

If anyone has a guide on how to get this working on Windows 10.. that would be great. 

The bat files in there are likely linking to the Java 7 folders, which likely don't exist on your system. The game basically comes with java nowadays but back then you had to install it manually.
Instructions are only a couple of posts above yours.

Edit the bat with a text editor and replace the "jre7" with something that corresponds to a java version you have installed, e.g. "jre1.8.0_131".

The problem then will be getting around the Desura authentification, because Desura is dead. Maybe there's something on the seven seas.

7 hours ago, Lightning Flash said:

Do you guys even have a working username and password anymore? I own the current version, but it'd be nice to play some of the older stuff.

Not a matter of username.

It's that the Desura server that returned "success" or "fail" no longer exists.

If anyone knows how to do a PHP hack on a local computer to fix this, it'd be great to have.

Alternatively just uploading your key files from an old install would work. The game will then ignore the check.

6 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Not a matter of username.

It's that the Desura server that returned "success" or "fail" no longer exists.

If anyone knows how to do a PHP hack on a local computer to fix this, it'd be great to have.

Alternatively just uploading your key files from an old install would work. The game will then ignore the check.

I didn't have PZ for Desura, so I've got no key files for it. Though, I do remember downloading an old version of the game back in 2013 that was from 1.4.5d or something like that. I don't believe I have it anymore, but it didn't require a key.

Hopefully somebody can make these accessible without having to require anything, as it'd be nice to play these again.

To play 0.2.0q, just extract the contents of this zip to the main folder of your 0.2.0q directory and overwrite the zombie folder and all files within.
Start up the game and minimize the login screen and just play.
Just leave the login screen alone, clicking "login" or closing it will make the game think you're failing or quitting so just minimize it and leave it.

Mods, feel free to delete this post if this goes against the terms or anything.

Edited by Okamikurainya

8 hours ago, Okamikurainya said:

To play 0.2.0q, just extract the contents of this zip to the main folder of your 0.2.0q directory and overwrite the zombie folder and all files within.
Start up the game and minimize the login screen and just play.
Just leave the login screen alone, clicking "login" or closing it will make the game think you're failing or quitting so just minimize it and leave it.

Mods, feel free to delete this post if this goes against the terms or anything.

Well, my game just went stuck shortly after loading process has began with next text in the .bat :

Spoiler

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalGenBuffers(IJ)V
        at org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalGenBuffers(Native Method)
        at org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.alGenBuffers(AL10.java:1019)
        at zombie.openal.SoundStore.getOgg(SoundStore.java:362)
        at zombie.openal.SoundStore.getOgg(SoundStore.java:306)
        at zombie.openal.AudioLoader.getAudio(AudioLoader.java:62)
        at zombie.SoundManager.PlaySound(SoundManager.java:267)
        at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.enter(MainScreenState.java:203)
        at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:84)
        at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:257)
        at zombie.FrameLoader.run(FrameLoader.java:453)
        at zombie.FrameLoader.main(FrameLoader.java:270)

Everything i know here that is maybe there is something with my java version or with something associated with the sound (openal). 

Edited by hausek98

4 minutes ago, hausek98 said:

i think yes, its a 0.2.0q. Im just did clean re install and the problem is still here.

Ah! It could be that the .BAT file hasn't been modified to point to your Java version.

I'm not sure what your Java version is, but on my Win7, I opened up the "ProjectZomboid - High.bat" in a text editor and changed the path for the Java to my current Java's install directory.

set path=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_221\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_221\bin;
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_221\bin\java" -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.security.policy=applet.policy -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+ScavengeBeforeFullGC -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:Tier2CompileThreshold=30000 -XX:CompileThreshold=1500 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=3 -XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Dorg.lwjgl.util.NoChecks=true -Djava.library.path=./  -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;minlog-1.2.jar;reflectasm-1.01.jar;asm-3.3.1.jar;./ zombie.FrameLoader
PAUSE