Older versions...

Thebig44

Question

Hello there survivors.

I've been wonderin' if it was possible to POST any older versions of the game.

I have attempted to contact lemmy and others - No responses, thats why i setup a thread for this.

Just to make it clear - I do not want to create some kind of market of older versions, without the permission of the actual creators :I

This' maybe be a request to the creators setup a thread of links of older versions too.

As this has been already responded i decided to add the links:

Version 1.5d https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgrfdy3ugaxt45u/Project%20Zomboid%201.5d.rar

Version 0.2Q  https://www.dropbox....a/pz_0_2_0q.zip Credit to Enigma

Version 2.0R 2.5  https://www.dropbox....Zomboid_RC2.exe Credit to Enigma

Okay, can someone please tell me how to bypass the Desura password thing? I've already bought the game through steam and I REALLY want to play the version with the npcs! also, chrome detects the files as malware. Not sure what that's all about. :T

No legitimate way? Does that mean there IS a non-legitimate way?

I've already payed money for the game through steam, mate.

It's not like we could somehow prevent people from obtaining it via "non-legitimate" ways.

You've bought the Steam version of the game, which is DRM free. The old version had a basic DRM that required a Desura key.

I can't in good concise give out a crack to the Desura versions, considering it may still be used in some way on Desura for authentication, or may be used in the future (the latter is something I can't predict and won't bother trying).

If you're really, really, really concerned about playing these versions, one option would be to just buy into the Desura version (perhaps during the sale), if this is all about conscience. Or, because you already bought it from Steam, find a crack elsewhere and don't tell us about it.

Your choice.

This doesn't help people who need builds older than setting this up but I setup a local git repository that I commit to every update. It allows me to switch versions at will. Also useful for tracking file modifications to get an idea of some of the changes before they are posted  :). Id recommend it if switching versions is your thing. But know that newer versions may update your save to a newer format and it may no longer work in older versions.

Every time I try to launch Project Zomboid 2.0 I get this error:

C:\Users\-------------\Desktop\Games\pz_0_2_0q>set path=C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Jav
a\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Fil
es\Broadcom\Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter\Driver;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\
iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program
Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK
\2.0\bin\x64;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL;C:
\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files
(x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Int
el\Intel® Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Bluetooth S
oftware\;C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Bluetooth Software\syswow64;C:\ProgramData\Leno
vo\ReadyApps;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\G
it\cmd;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin;

C:\Users\-------------\Desktop\Games\pz_0_2_0q>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\
bin\java" -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dfullscreen -Dxres=1920 -Dyres=1080 -Dsun.a
wt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Dsun.java2
d.opengl=false -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -D
java.security.policy=applet.policy -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+ScavengeBeforeFullGC
 -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:Tier2CompileThreshold=30000 -XX:CompileThreshold=150
0 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=3 -XX:+UseA
daptiveSizePolicy -Dorg.lwjgl.util.NoChecks=true -Djava.library.path=./  -cp lwj
gl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;minlog-1.2.jar;reflectasm-1.01.jar;asm-3.3.1.jar;./ zombie
.FrameLoader
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Users\--------------\Desktop\Games\pz_0_2_0q>PAUSE
Press any key to continue . . .

I took out my name for privacy purposes. I know no one is gonna fix this, and it's probably an error on my side because no one else has brought it up that I've seen, but does anyone know what I can do to fix it? I'm a newer PZ player and I've seen videos of the old days and wanted to give the pre-alpha versions a spin.

Every time I try to launch Project Zomboid 2.0 I get this error:

C:\Users\-------------\Desktop\Games\pz_0_2_0q>set path=C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Jav

a\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Fil

es\Broadcom\Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter\Driver;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\

iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;

C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program

Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK

\2.0\bin\x64;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL;C:

\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files

(x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Int

el\Intel® Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Bluetooth S

oftware\;C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Bluetooth Software\syswow64;C:\ProgramData\Leno

vo\ReadyApps;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\G

it\cmd;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin;

C:\Users\-------------\Desktop\Games\pz_0_2_0q>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\

bin\java" -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dfullscreen -Dxres=1920 -Dyres=1080 -Dsun.a

wt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Dsun.java2

d.opengl=false -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -D

java.security.policy=applet.policy -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+ScavengeBeforeFullGC

-XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:Tier2CompileThreshold=30000 -XX:CompileThreshold=150

0 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=3 -XX:+UseA

daptiveSizePolicy -Dorg.lwjgl.util.NoChecks=true -Djava.library.path=./  -cp lwj

gl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;minlog-1.2.jar;reflectasm-1.01.jar;asm-3.3.1.jar;./ zombie

.FrameLoader

The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Users\--------------\Desktop\Games\pz_0_2_0q>PAUSE

Press any key to continue . . .

I took out my name for privacy purposes. I know no one is gonna fix this, and it's probably an error on my side because no one else has brought it up that I've seen, but does anyone know what I can do to fix it? I'm a newer PZ player and I've seen videos of the old days and wanted to give the pre-alpha versions a spin.

Make sure you have the right Java version installed for your system.

If you’re running a 32 Bit OS you need to download the 32 Bit version of Java which can be downloaded here http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

On a 64 Bit OS, you can have both 32 and 64 Bit Java installed, however you need to make sure to run the correct version of the game (either “ProjectZomboid32.exe” or “ProjectZomboid64.exe”.

Wow, I just enjoyed an older version. Damn PZ has come a long way... but... I like the old UI better, and the highlight of whatever your mouse is over... and displaying health of doors and windows (Skilled carpenters should be able to see it today!)... And being able to walk with RMB. And it felt more creepy somehow.

Then again, I've been known to enjoy the leaked Unreal Beta more than retail Unreal :P

I like the old UI better,

I really can't fathom why anyone would say that. You couldn't sort items at all. With the current ammount of items this would be an endless scrollable list. D:
But there were also less items to sort. :P

Personally quite loved the novelty of the little side-bar . . . and I like grid-based inventories. It also looked different than a file manager (and had a tiny little crafting panel!). :P But I've grown to appreciate this one . . . it's quick and simple enough.

I like the old UI better,

I really can't fathom why anyone would say that. You couldn't sort items at all. With the current ammount of items this would be an endless scrollable list. D:

Crafting and Equipped windows, just seeing those two made me like it. It's a personal preference really, idk, it took me less time to get used to the old now then getting used to the new when I started playing PZ and I don't feel it's because I've played PZ for months now. One thing it's missing is Right Click>Select Action Context Menu. I'm used to the new UI but don't really like it, doesn't at all stop me from enjoying PZ.

The feature I like the most is seeing the health of doors, windows and barricades and I feel it should come back for skilled carpenters.

Edit: What EnigmaGrey said is what I thought but couldn't word :S New one feels like a file manager. Old one had the grid for looting, just felt more gamey less windowsey.

Ah, I see. I personally loved inventories like the one in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but the devs themselves aren't fans of inventory tetris :(

I really don't miss the old inventory system itself at all. A crafting system, maybe. Not sure how it'd work out with the almost countless ammount of items (e.g. for cooking) though. Maybe just some sort of a UI "pot"?

The devs hinted that they are probably going to work on a new UI together with an external team. Some sort of crafting menu might make a comeback then?

Ah, I see. I personally loved inventories like the one in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but the devs themselves aren't fans of inventory tetris :(

I really don't miss the old inventory system itself at all. A crafting system, maybe. Not sure how it'd work out with the almost countless ammount of items (e.g. for cooking) though. Maybe just some sort of a UI "pot"?

The devs hinted that they are probably going to work on a new UI together with an external team. Some sort of crafting menu might make a comeback then?

As a big fan of Deus Ex, Inventory Tetris has a special place in my heart. And yea, UI pot is a good idea, just drag items into it. Like some sort of 'Alchemy' mechanic, cooking could have it's own UI while standard crafting could use a different one.

The only problem with inventory tetris is gamepad support. Can anyone imagine making Deus Ex or System Shock 2 inventory work well with, say, Dual Shock 3? 

Edit: Gothic, that game had endless scrolling lists separated only by 'Categories'. It was clunky but it worked well enough and that is one of my favorite games.