Walkers

GOGOblin

1 hour ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

I don't understand what you are suggesting, The zombies move around all the time in the game.

They are suppused to be migrating miles and miles from town to town, but they are usually standing. Just like those guys:

king of the hill.jpg

They gather in groups and stomp the same spot for hours and days..

Oh, yes, suggestion is: add an option to make Z's real time migrating, something like reacting on far away alarm, but moving slowly. I don't know if it is possible to code real migration, although, but maybe some simplified model with preferred direction for moving.

Edited by GOGOblin

4 hours ago, GOGOblin said:

They are suppused to be migrating miles and miles from town to town, but they are usually standing. Just like those guys:

king of the hill.jpg

They gather in groups and stomp the same spot for hours and days..

Oh, yes, suggestion is: add an option to make Z's real time migrating, something like reacting on far away alarm, but moving slowly. I don't know if it is possible to code real migration, although, but maybe some simplified model with preferred direction for moving.

They actually don't, for the most part.

Whenever the zombies are within the loaded area of a player (in singleplayer) they always move around relatively around the area where they grouped up in originally. Zombies that are caught alone will either aimlessly walk around or walk towards the nearest group of zombies that are lacking in zombie amount (< than the maximum for a singular zombie group).

Then the groups outside of loaded area (outside of whatever you can possibly see around you ingame) - those do stand around a lot more often, but even they move around - whenever the distant gunshot happens, or over time filling up less populated areas, in real time none the less. They don't travel as far as to go from town X to town Y, but they travel far enough to be considered "moving around".

I have been thinking about this a lot recently, and this is how I think it would be. I think that zombies, would essentially be like bees, instinctively coming together. But then the question is, who controls them? my thoughts on this were that the one in the front would be followed, because it is essentially the alpha, that is until another zombie passes him. This would probably be hard to program but it is an interesting concept.

21 hours ago, LeoIvanov said:

"moving around".

Around, yes. But they are supposed to be migrating.

I have never seen a single Z (or a group) marching "somewhere". They usually have two states: 1) Hold the ground 2) Go to sound attractor(or player). I will make some observations to find out if I'm right (Discovey chanel, lol).

16 hours ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

But then the question is, who controls them?

Don't they have a "leader" Z in every pack right now? 

We definitely need some "oficial lore" text because things change and there are a lot of update posts to read.

Edit: made some observations - they stand for hours, then walk a little and stand again for a day or something.  I have no idea why they decide to move across the street to hang out there, all they do is standing on the new place. Some Zs' detatch from their pack if they spot the player, others stand.

Edited by GOGOblin