"Strong" and "Fitness" levels determine the amount of your base HP

LeoIvanov

It is probably pretty simple and something that MIGHT already be in the game (I wouldn't be surprised with the amount of subtle, behind the scenes features already implemented), but I would like it if picking strong and athletic builds, as well as keeping the "healthy" lifestyle within the game had more advantages to it by making you capable of withstanding more damage during a fight, while the "weaker" ones would die a lot faster.

It would fall in line of "leveling up your max Health Points" in any other RPG, with a semi-realistic twist that Project Zomboid is known for with it's other features. There will also be more reason to pick those traits up beside "being able to carry a lot/run fast and long".

I wonder what other people think of this suggestion.

Well, I'm not sure, need to do research, but HP = Health point = How much blood you have in your body to me.

And we almost all have the same amount of blood in our body, what you're talking about is maybe the pain threshold? In this case I think it'll depend, just watch ppl getting tattoo, some will have to stop every 10min, some can sit for 4h non stop. (and in this case, women have a pain threshold way higher than male ones, simply because their body is kinda prepared to have a child and it's quite painfull :D)

But we don't have male/woman difference for now, because lot of reasons I won't start here :D

But for the pain threshold, why not, but idk exactly how it works, someone with lot of muscles really feel less pain than a skinny guy?

54 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Well, I'm not sure, need to do research, but HP = Health point = How much blood you have in your body to me.

And we almost all have the same amount of blood in our body, what you're talking about is maybe the pain threshold? In this case I think it'll depend, just watch ppl getting tattoo, some will have to stop every 10min, some can sit for 4h non stop. (and in this case, women have a pain threshold way higher than male ones, simply because their body is kinda prepared to have a child and it's quite painfull :D)

But we don't have male/woman difference for now, because lot of reasons I won't start here :D

But for the pain threshold, why not, but idk exactly how it works, someone with lot of muscles really feel less pain than a skinny guy?

But what would be the point of a pain threshold?

Having the pain moodle appear earlier or later? Could our character go in shock or give into pain?

Hard to tell, really. I'm on the bottom part of normal BMI, so quite skinny, and my pain threshold is very high. I had my nose fractured (not broken but sort of cracked) once during self defence training, and it almost did not hurt, but there was lots of blood. But hey, I can be kicked in my nuts with a footbal and continue playing or have my wrist twisted by self defence instructor and feel nothing (I have very elastic joints), so maybe I'm a special case :P