Inspect items

Zorak

Hey

The reason for this idea is that PZ is so hard to grasp for new players.

Tutorial and crafting UI helped a bit but still a lot of crafting things are hard to discover for new players.

The idea is pretty much copied from old resident evil games.

Each item you find you can inspect it.

When you do so you will see a nice window with high res picture of it (Mash<3) and also a description of an item (Will ;-) )

The description depends on your spec so a doctor can tell a bit more about meds than carpenter etc.

Like painkillers normal description would be that they help to remove pain (shocking news) but doctor also know that you can overdose them.

Farmer know that milk and cigarettes can be used for plants curing etc.

This will help new players to learn about deep wold of PZ crafting a lot faster and will also add a lot of flavor to the game.

I know that some will be obvious but some are not (you need blow torch and welding mask to start welding).

Love the multiple occupation vs different description, although there may be an issue of concurrence with magazines (unless a farmer already start with those recipe, like for the engineer/electrician/park ranger/cook).

I would not know, never used any of those :(

On 04/08/2016 at 9:02 AM, GOGOblin said:

I think "inspect furniture" could be of use - all those doors and barricades hp.  Or alternative sprites to show damage absorbed.

This would be ideal. We'd be forced to put ourselves at risk more by having to look at our defences and replace/repair if necessary.

Good idea. Theres also the prospect of including ideas and information in books, magazines, somebodies notes or letters etc...

So rather than only your character learning a recipe the player actually gets some of that delicious zombie info too.