RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

9 hours ago, Trojan_Turps said:

I like the spawning with injurys. It's only on hardcore mode isn't it? If you want fair don't chose hardcore mode?

I like the chalenge and feel like a zombie apocalypse wouldn't be fair. Shit happens. I want to spawn in a house that's on fire and surrounded by zombies, but some people don't so I guess this is another problem that can be solved by sandbox mode?

See, all this sounds fun to me too :D I'd love to be forced into different intense situations each time I start a game :) Just doesn't seem right to have it have such an easy chance of being so forgiving if we're cranking things up like this imo

Edit: For example, I think it would even fix the issue for people by just making starting out fine and healthy in a peaceful setting be an extremely rare start. If most of the time you're forced to scramble and or deal with an injury (lets say 24 out of 25 times or even more) then restarting again and again in hopes of winning the lotto becomes a punishment the player chooses themselves. It just seems too easy to flip the coin again right now and I feel like that's what tempts people to do it with this new feature.

Edit #2: Here's more my point. I've started 10 to 15 games since this was implemented and I haven't started with an injury once. That's the problem, in my opinion. If I can start that many games and not have a wound, when I finally do have one, why wouldn't I just reset? If starting wounds are a thing, then I personally think starting healthy and fine should be a rare blessing.

Edited by Kuren

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎21 at 6:38 AM, NagashUD said:

I think its pretty fine actually, maybe 1-2 cigs more a day should be balanced and if cigs could spawn in zombie corpses i would be completly satisfied about it;
quit smoking is very a hard process ,i actually try to quit smoking myself, since a while after 20 years of heavy smoking... 

Cigarettes sometimes spawn inside schoolbags that spawns on zombies.

1 hour ago, Kuren said:

I wasn't saying that starting out injured in general is "bad design" but that it's bad design to have the healthy/injured RNG start. If the idea is to spice up the start of the game then take out the chance to start healthy and you fix the disparity.

Once again, this is just my opinion. Sorry if you don't agree and sorry if I wasn't clear in my first post but I wanted to share my point of view on it.

P.S. I'm sorry I even mentioned what I have my degree in. Thought it was relevant and would help add some real context to where I'm coming from but apparently it seems to have triggered some people and I ended up being patronized and lectured as if I had never been or as if the experience closed my mind too much to see the big picture here.

The disparity is still good design imo. Neither being injured nor being healthy is a long term "bad" start. They literally just change your starting goals. In my humble opinion you're being a bit too focused on the exact specifics of the start- yes, you are "injured," but all that means is changing your beginning goals. If you take away being healthy, then that's just removing one possible set of early-game goals. You're actually losing diversity, not gaining. But I agree on the whole- there should be lots of different starts, enough that you don't try to reroll for a "good" one. Think of them as "first quests" rather than 'good' or 'bad.' Again, there's no long-term harm in starting off with a zombie in the closet, or a scratched arm, or anything. It's merely an extra goal for the player.

I don't agree, but you don't have to apologize for that; disagreeing is good and theoretically leads to a better game in the long run.

I'm sorry if you feel you're being "patronized" or "lectured," that's not my intent. I hope you'll read my post again and see that's not the spirit of my post at all. Sincerely apologize if I offended you Kuren.

Edit: And as EG mentioned, people min/maxing both their characters and their starts is not something that's preventable. People who care about min/maxing more than gameplay variability will always behave this way, regardless. That's okay- if that's how they/you have fun- more power to them. But that's not really who we're catering to with this stuff.

Survival is supposed to happen after Initial Infection and The First Week right?

So is obvious your character had to go out and do stuff to survive, he wasnt in a coma in that period of time.

I like the idea of starting out with a small yet curable disadvantage, it changes the start a bit from check all the containers, secure weapon, bag and bag all the possible food and get out, even that very small disadvantage will change it up a bit.

Like Rathlord said, context is king, however we are also talking about players who think that nothing bad will happen if you drink bleach because "it gives you -50 Thirst".

In my opinion, if they dont remove the injury/disadvantage (hunger, thirst, zombies in some other room, house about to get on fire) at the start conditions, then they should give the players a warning in the difficulty start, giving a hint that you been though the first week and that you might be injured or have a slight disadvantage.

This would at least make the player get the idea that they wont start in perfect conditions and give the context that your character could have been injured or that you might start with shit hitting the fan.

To avoid the feeling of "i feel punished by this, better re-roll", it would be better to have those starting conditions be the norm of each start, however this would need a LOT of feedback and might be too punishing or it might spice up a bit the start of the game.

Just now, Blasted_Taco said:

As far as i know you cant really pass out in-game, what do you mean with passing out?

screen fades to black for 2 seconds and you get a small time skip.
but this happens dispite having just slept. vitamins don't seem to help either xD i miraculously survived passing out 3 times but i dont want to try my luck again lmao

26 minutes ago, Patrick H said:

screen fades to black for 2 seconds and you get a small time skip.
but this happens dispite having just slept. vitamins don't seem to help either xD i miraculously survived passing out 3 times but i dont want to try my luck again lmao

I think that is a bug or somehow they implemented Blacking out without telling anyone. 

So it happens only in the mall? You should probably post your console log when that happens again.

Just now, Blasted_Taco said:

I think that is a bug or somehow they implemented Blacking out without telling anyone. 

So it happens only in the mall? You should probably post your console log when that happens again.

yeah i will create a new save and i'll do that. but i'm not entirely sure how i'll do that? i'll have to make a printscreen or something?

I'm somewhat guilty of this myself, but I want to mention real quick that if we can just keep the topic for things specific to this build and bugs related to it that'd be awesome. If you're interested in continuing the conversations about starting challenges or cigarettes it would be good to make a new thread for that. Cheers!

Hey guys, it's my first time posting here. I'm currently playing the build 35.17c on steam, in sandbox mode I play with the following mods:

- Additional Hair Colors

- Bedford Falls, Drayton, Lousiana KY, New Denver BC, TWD prison (maps)

- Driving Cars Mod

- Faster Reading ++, Starting Points ++

- More Zombie Loot

- Necroforge

- PumpPower

- Silencer (for vanilla weapons)

- Winter Clothing.

About Metalworking

I try to use mods that don't imbalance too much the vanilla game, for example, I don't use Hydrocraft because it has issues with the Metalworking skill or ORM gun mod, or quick bags, guns, smg, etc. I reached level 10 on Metalworking and playing I found the following issues:

- The name of Metal Pipe should be either "Metal Tube" or "Metal Pipe", decide for one of the two names, it's confusing in the recipe
- When building Big Pole Fence, Big Pole Fence Gate, Big Wired Fence, well, fences in general, the recipe doesn't use Scrap Metal, but Metal Tube only (besides the torch and rods)
- Can't dismantle the wired fence of the Small Storage Facility in Muldraugh (or maybe all fences in map, I can only disassemble shelves)
- If I can't use Metal Bar and Pipes for recipes, what is their use then? I usually got them from disassembling sinks and toilets
- Can't disassemble my own Metalworking creations

You're doing a great job and the game has improved a lot. I hope I could help with this info and have a very nice day, people.

Plz fix the bug about sprinter zombies that causes a lag and makes themselves teleport in MP. It has been a long long long time for many players to ask for. Turning to PZ from other game after a year, I switched on the option for sprinter zombies in MP in order to enjoy PZ again and noticed that it is not still fixed at all.

Edited by justcrow

An issue for me that were mentioned maybe in earlier thread (but not as main thread topic) and 1 observation regarding a new feature of this release:

1) Composter doesn't have an image associated with it in the build menu, and gets built invisible.  I can destroy inviso-composter with a sledge, but can't disassemble it or move it, i.e. it doesn't register on my right-click menu at all.  Also, I think the grocery in West Point has stacked composters already built -- can't pick them up, move them or disassemble them.

2) Wood-burning ovens (never mind, I found the bug report)

Observation -- in my game, a sheet rope which appears to have been ripped down by zombies still works, I just can't see the bottom portion of it. 

Noting the above in my first run on this IWBUMS release, I used Steam to remove my local game files and re-install, but it hasn't changed anything.  This is my first post, I apologize in advance if I'm doing it wrong.

Edited by steiger
Just remembered map detail in West Point

Just now got one more issue:

I played in SP and hear helicopter, so I run away to my house to take some supplies for horde distraction and exit game when reached my safehouse. It was 2 days ago with build 35.17c . Now I have load it on 35.17d and now helicopter. I feel blame as cheater. :unsure:

EDIT: Oh sorry it just restarted after 10 ingame minutes ^_^

Never has been so happy to hear helicopter.:lol:

And realy annoying problem: furniture placed under window with purpose of barricading do not create obstakle. Tried it with different moveable objects in different places. 

20160926203314_1.jpg

Edited by Unghin

10 hours ago, justcrow said:

Plz fix the bug about sprinter zombies that causes a lag and makes themselves teleport in MP. It has been a long long long time for many players to ask for. Turning to PZ from other game after a year, I switched on the option for sprinter zombies in MP in order to enjoy PZ again and noticed that it is not still fixed at all.

For the moment, this is a confirmed "no." MP can't keep up with sprinters.