RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

8 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

So you click "host" from Steam? I need all the specific (not sure i'll be able to fix it this week-end yet, very busy week-end :()

1. Started PZ

2. Pressed HOST

3. Pressed Start

4. Waiting for "Press any key to continue"

5. Pressed any key

6. Got unresponce.

Tried several times. And one more wierd thing - before start, when I can choose memory, everytime I got 2 different variants: from 0.75 to 1.25GB and from 0.75 to 2.00/...GB (or higher - I don't remember).  And in different time befor I choosed 2 GB if not able - 1.25GB -all worked. Now any value don't works.

On 21.9.2016 at 2:30 PM, kindouh said:

If you want to truly relate in-game what a smoker without nicotine feels you need to understand how its addiction works.

- Physic addiction lasts 48 hours after the last cig and effects are difficulty to focus, unhapyness/angriness, dehydration (character should drink more)

- After these 48h, nicotine has been flushed away by our body so it's only psychological/self-conditionment

48 hours is when the withdrawl symtoms are really STARTING ;D

For me, it takes 12-24h until i start getting kinda restless & anxious if I'm not smoking. It takes ~1-2 weeks until the body gets used to not getting any nicotine.

It's harder to tell how long it takes to get addicted... Anti-Smoking fanatics will tell you it only takes 1 cigarette, but I was a casual smoker for years and noticed no effect whatsoever. 

35 minutes ago, ZombiesLoveBrainiacs said:

48 hours is when the withdrawl symtoms are really STARTING ;D

For me, it takes 12-24h until i start getting kinda restless & anxious if I'm not smoking. It takes ~1-2 weeks until the body gets used to not getting any nicotine.

It's harder to tell how long it takes to get addicted... Anti-Smoking fanatics will tell you it only takes 1 cigarette, but I was a casual smoker for years and noticed no effect whatsoever. 

as an ex smoker, (i smoked for 9 years) i can confirm this. the ''need'' of a cigarette disappeared after ~12 days. the temptation to smoke itself after 2 months. (when in the pressence of other smokers or after dinner) now i dont feel any temptation whatsoever.

Trying to categorize addiction with specifics is a bit of a wasted effort. Addiction is massively dependent on the individual, both chemically and psychologically. Personal anecdotes don't really cut it- if we want to do addiction we'll need to go with generalized figures (preferably confirmed with studies), not individual experiences. We all experience addiction differently.

6 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

For the coop problem: still don't get why, sending the auth packet and never get it, basically if you turn steam off it works... Could be a trick while I'm trying to fix it, gonna ask Tim some help...

Oh, you can also start the dedicaced server, that works too (with steam enabled)

Thanks anyways so far RJ ^^

Recently got shaking of my charater when I fight with zeds (in SP, sandbox, no mods). I knocked last zed to the ground and starting to hit it with almost broken rolling-pin, and when it broke - I got shaking while trampeling until kill it and shaking stoped.

Edited by Unghin

15 hours ago, Rathlord said:

Trying to categorize addiction with specifics is a bit of a wasted effort. Addiction is massively dependent on the individual, both chemically and psychologically. Personal anecdotes don't really cut it- if we want to do addiction we'll need to go with generalized figures (preferably confirmed with studies), not individual experiences. We all experience addiction differently.

100% true but we can still create a baseline? i'm not saying that it should be implemented this way :P

Mostly, we need cigarettes to give fatigue, they actually reduce your overall fitness IRL, I've been smoking for about ten years and I think that's the most important aspect of the matter.

About addiction, as fare as I'm aware, the average is getting free of your addiction after two weeks of non smoking, usually you get rid of both cigarettes and people who smoke around you, but there's no science behind this; 

Starting the addiction is another story... Everybody's quite different here. I've been casually smoking for over a year before getting addicted, so it was all a matter of psychological addiction, but a lot of friends started in a lot of different ways. Some started immediately, some needed stress to really get addicted, others needed to smoke while doing certain tasks like working or being with friends. The general idea is that if you're feeling very badly (e.g. depression) you'll speed up a lot the process. It would be cool for multiplayer to have a higher chance to get addicted if you smoke near someone who's smoking, but I don't know how feasible that is

8 hours ago, HomeSlice said:

I just got attacked/scratched by an invisible enemy in SP (I'm assuming zombie?). Hadn't left the starting house yet. On newest 35.17b according to STEAM.

"You now have a minor "chance" to spawn a new player with minor injury (could be bandaged), minor panic or a bit exhausted, won't happen in easy difficulty "

Apparently it might be a feature now?

Do you know if you spawned with it?

4 hours ago, Jericoshost said:

"You now have a minor "chance" to spawn a new player with minor injury (could be bandaged), minor panic or a bit exhausted, won't happen in easy difficulty "

Apparently it might be a feature now?

Do you know if you spawned with it?

I doubt it. Doesn't seem likely since I was bleeding. Starting with injury means what precisely? what 'minor chance'? what does that mean in my terms? percentages? If I was started as bleeding I'd imagine I would have noticed immediately because I was in game for a minute probably trying to read a book and walked around before that not bleeding. Honestly if that's a new aspect that's pretty silly IMO considering I can't realistically compensate for a character who is imaginary before I'm playing them in a made-up world, so to handicap the player before I take control is beyond ridiculous.

Edited by HomeSlice

1 minute ago, HomeSlice said:

Honestly if that's a new aspect that's pretty silly IMO considering I can't realistically compensate for a character who is imaginary before I'm playing them in a made-up world, so to handicap the player before I take control is beyond ridiculous.

Yes, because everyone in real life is completely healthy, not to mention a human being who's already survived at least some portion of a zombie apocalypse :P

It's actually not "beyond ridiculous," it's intentional design. Starting the game the same way every time makes the game more stale. Adding additional starting entropy makes for a more exciting, engaging experience.

1 minute ago, Rathlord said:

Yes, because everyone in real life is completely healthy, not to mention a human being who's already survived at least some portion of a zombie apocalypse :P

It's actually not "beyond ridiculous," it's intentional design. Starting the game the same way every time makes the game more stale. Adding additional starting entropy makes for a more exciting, engaging experience.

Uh actually it is beyond stupid. Way to make the game not fun. Considering I started on EASY in the early game it makes ZERO sense for me to start injured.

Who are you to speak for ME telling me WHAT MAKES THE GAME STALE AND NOT? IT IS NOT FUN TO START THE GAME INJURED IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. MAYBE IF THERE WAS A SETTING FOR IT FOR A LATE GAME SCENARIO FINE. BUT THIS IS THE STUPIDEST MOTHER FUCKING THING I'VE EVER HEARD BAR NONE.

Yeah well I dont take kindly to someone telling me how things are. How about this guy shows some actual help next time. All he/she/it had to say was the minor chance and maybe give me a god damn statistic. instead they're implying the only way to play is THEIR way.

22 minutes ago, HomeSlice said:

Uh actually it is beyond stupid. Way to make the game not fun. Considering I started on EASY in the early game it makes ZERO sense for me to start injured.

Please stop getting on fire and just go on suggestions and purpose your idea...

2 hours ago, HomeSlice said:

Who are you to speak for ME telling me WHAT MAKES THE GAME STALE AND NOT? IT IS NOT FUN TO START THE GAME INJURED IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. MAYBE IF THERE WAS A SETTING FOR IT FOR A LATE GAME SCENARIO FINE. BUT THIS IS THE STUPIDEST MOTHER FUCKING THING I'VE EVER HEARD BAR NONE.

Yeah uh, you're going to get a little time off there, buddy.

Actually, nah. You're gone. Getting worked up about such a trivial little thing and the way you provide "feedback" (not constructively, I tell ya) doesn't give me hope for your stay.