RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

3 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Generators will now drain more or less fuel depending on how much electrical objects they're plugged on

Is there a way to disconnect stuff from generator? Like: I want to power GIGA Mart in WP, but I want to save my petrol so I would like to run only 1 or 2 fridges, not all of them in the shop.

4 minutes ago, Geras said:

Is there a way to disconnect stuff from generator? Like: I want to power GIGA Mart in WP, but I want to save my petrol so I would like to run only 1 or 2 fridges, not all of them in the shop.

You no longer need the electric occupation, you can simply go to a fridge and disassemble the ones you do not want.

I'm not gonna lie, while I like the idea of having the generator use more or less fuel depending on the amount of items being used for conserving gas, it also doesn't make a lot of sense when I really think about it. Wouldn't a generator always use the same amount of fuel all the time and be outputting the same amount of electricity all the time whether you're using all of it or not?

Maybe it would be better to have it so a generator can only power so many objects on its own before you need a secondary one to up the amount and reach the farther items. Just my two cents on it but I may be mistaken about how generators work in real life :)

Edited by Kuren

2 minutes ago, Kuren said:

I'm not gonna lie, while I like the idea of having the generator use more or less fuel depending on the amount of items being used for conserving gas, it also doesn't make a lot of sense when I really think about it. Wouldn't a generator always use the same amount of fuel all the time and be outputting the same amount of electricity all the time whether you're using all of it or not?

Maybe it would be better to have it so a generator can only power so many objects on its own before you need a secondary one to up the amount and reach the father items. Just my two cents on it but I may be mistaken about how generators work in real life :)

And adding a way to upgrade a generator if you have an electrician proffession (increasing durability or extending more days of working when is on)

12 minutes ago, Kuren said:

Maybe it would be better to have it so a generator can only power so many objects on its own before you need a secondary one to up the amount and reach the farther items. Just my two cents on it but I may be mistaken about how generators work in real life :)

Every engine will need more fuel if the load increases. Same with generators. It reflects reality quite well.

EDIT:

There is a limit, naturally. You wouldn't be able to power hundreds of fridges with 1 small generator.

Edited by Geras

1 minute ago, Snakeman said:

And adding a way to upgrade a generator if you have an electrician proffession (increasing durability or extending more days of working when is on)

Pimp my generator PZ edition.

I think that most of the professions we have right now needs some special actions only available to them

Just now, Geras said:

Every engine will need more fuel if the load increases. Same with generators. It reflects reality quite well.

Thank you for clarifying :D I always assumed generator engines ran at full all the time and you simply had a maximum amount of power you could pull from them. Makes more sense when I think of it like a car engine now :P

4 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Small mail box is now a container and can spawn newspaper and magazing (including profession magazine!)

cool, page 23 i talk about simple bugs who prevent parts to work, finally no changes, is it intentional ?
 (SadisticAIDirector, trappingCommands.lua,  Camping.lua, RWMPanel.lua)

client side under linux and steam, script file "projectzomboid.sh" create log in ${HOME}/.project_zomboid_2.9.9.17 (that the way i found to know where is it).
shouldn't be in ${HOME}/Zomboid ?

Edited by arkahys

• When Crafting/build nail box isn't nail, have to open a box to continue.

auto open screw/nail/round box ?

• in info part of public server windows (right) : [TAB] key don't switch "user" to "password" (and next)
Edited by arkahys

Just a post about composting really quick: 

Compost isn't simply throw food in a basket and voila, fertilizer. It requires a certain amount of "Browns" (I.e; sawdust, wood chips, etc) and "greens" (nitrogen filled things like veggies). The general ratio is 3:1 for Browns:Greens. If you don't do this, then your pile of food will just be moldy and unusable. As a thought, the Farming skill could be related to in-game monitoring/knowledge of this.

Re: Composter

I put a whole bunch of rotten food in my new Composter.  I then grabbed a sack, clicked on the Composter....it said that it was 17% full of compost....and I was able to fill my sack right away. 

Shouldn't rotten food take time before it turns into compost?

Furthermore, I can only get information about the amount of compost in the Composter if I have a sack in my inventory.   

Edited by Joosy69

12 hours ago, Strats said:

Just a post about composting really quick: 

Compost isn't simply throw food in a basket and voila, fertilizer. It requires a certain amount of "Browns" (I.e; sawdust, wood chips, etc) and "greens" (nitrogen filled things like veggies). The general ratio is 3:1 for Browns:Greens. If you don't do this, then your pile of food will just be moldy and unusable. As a thought, the Farming skill could be related to in-game monitoring/knowledge of this.

Its worth pointing out thay badly mixed compost will attract Rats, which would be useful for a trapper. 

Anyway i don't think we need to get so technical with the compost, i haven't had a chance to play recently but it sounds ok as it is. We dont really need to gather sawdust from sawing logs or 'gathering' wood chips via foraging, at least thats my opinion but maybe it should take some time to compost, i believe irl using the most ideal conditions and ratios the quickest you can make compost it about 2 weeks.

To be honest you could probably invent an entire indy game based on the science of composting.

9 minutes ago, NebNebber said:

Its worth pointing out thay badly mixed compost will attract Rats, which would be useful for a trapper. 

Anyway i don't think we need to get so technical with the compost, i haven't had a chance to play recently but it sounds ok as it is. We dont really need to gather sawdust from sawing logs or 'gathering' wood chips via foraging, at least thats my opinion but maybe it should take some time to compost, i believe irl using the most ideal conditions and ratios the quickest you can make compost it about 2 weeks.

To be honest you could probably invent an entire indy game based on the science of composting.

Also, composting meat isn't quite the right thing to do, especially if you want to use it on crops you'll eat later. And I agree with the 3:1 ratio mentioned above.