RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

Could be a bug, but Oscar Chumbo cannot seem to dig.  He just stares at the ground and some numbers pop up in the lower right hand when he gives up and walks away.

Not with trowel, shovel or bare hands.

And my power is still on as of day 42. Which is cool, but it's never lasted this long (usually 3 weeks is as far as the juice has lasted me before) before so I thought I'd mention.

20 hours ago, GOGOblin said:

(Is it my imagination or alarm clocks are set to random and turned on? I once was pretty much surprised - and Zs were surprised not less - when I was sneaking between them and suddenly - Drrrrrigggdidingdingdingdrrrrring! - It's dinner time! - I had a recentely found alarm clock in my pocket)

Both the alarm clock and digital watch have a random alarm time and whether it's turned on or off is also random.

So I am played for few hours and looking at new features:
- Big trees look very nice!
- Favorite button is very useful!
- Foraging and first aid books - hoooray!

I am started in world without zeds with max loot to take metalwork resourses.
Character traits: awkward, frail (wounds heal slowly) and nutritionist with metalworking profession.
I started at trailer house with quite panic debuff, then I used cheatmenu to fast travelling in warehouses - to get some resourses. I successfully build wooden sceleton and addon metal wall (1st lvl). When I took materials I saw that metal tube used instead of metal pipe in recipe. Than I want to get Wrist Watch, I spawned zeds and killed them with sotgun - and I found it! But before I transfered all my items on the floor and when I took shotgan I see that my carrying makes 0/12 constant. Since I was able to take any weight even more then 50. When I get Wrist Watch I also found 2 alarmclocks. First time I put alarmclock on the floor near my armchair - I set alarm about for 6h as I started sleep. It works! But when I start moving to another rooms (from hall) alarm signal became so quite - very quite, almost no sound. Than I slept with alarmclocks in my bag on the chair, and when wakes up with alarm, I am saw small harm with quite pain debuff. It continued about 1h.  Than I trying to sleep in tent with alarm on wrist watch. First time I set alarm for 3h to sleep - when it started I slept more for 3h and wakes up to turn it off. 2nd time I set alarm for 8h of sleeping - and when it rang I slept more 1h.  That's all, I am gonna sleep IRL. ^_^

P. S. If cheat menu is making impact on game and bugs, etc, I can switch it off.

Spoiler

Sorry for mistakes. I am suck in english.

1 hour ago, NagashUD said:

Always better to track bugs without mods, cause usually mods aren't updated in time ;)

Ok, I will try to play without mods.

52 minutes ago, axeladalidez78 said:

About that , It think you enabled ghost mode.

Ghost mod don't impact on carrying, becouse cheatmenu have special button to unable carrying.

I like new inventory setting and I thinked - what about to place number of things between icon and category fields? In my opinion It's will make navigation in inventory more comfortable.

Also I am really liked AI sadistic options it is a seed of peace between chopper-haters and chopper-lovers. Later I want to look at this options and see new zombie behavior at night with night events. And one more I have noticed that zombie never reacting (in every builds) on human's cry events or dog's yelp - is it normal?

Edited by Unghin

So I played few hours and what I can said:

1. Dig with hands don't working - after trying to dig I got redcode _126, then I tryed one more time and got redcode_350.

2. I was able to see "disassemble" button - but when I use it nothing happens, I just came to object. (I will try it with saw)

3. Towels works fine - but I don't understand - why towels have different remaining range if after getting wet and drying it gets full remaining?

4. I am went slept (on bed, with sheet on window and no light) without alarm about 23:00 and awoke at 4:50 with average panic and disturbance - I have got a nightmare? No zombies in house on near I don't seen, no sounds. If it nightmare, in my opinion It should be more articulating, for example - small piece of scary melody. It would be very nice.^_^

5. One time I opened the door through wall.

6. Methinks that zombies got quit increased vision (or I think so becouse I played for a long time with upgraded stealthiness - I dunno).

7. I was very happy when discovered big trees near my house in Muldraugh - I went there, and it looks grate! I hope that you (devs) will keep some distance between big trees, becouse it is very realistic insteed of non-vision small trees.

And now I understood that I have to make some plan for my feedbacks - now I gonna recreate world with tons of loot and no zeds to test nutrition, metalworking and other new features. Then I turn world to regular survival mod but with increased helicopters and day\night evens. Also I am requesting advices for what I should notice for my feedback to make it helpful.

13 minutes ago, Unghin said:

2. I was able to see "disassemble" button

RJ working on it, it's a new feature of the build 35 and still have alot to improve;

14 minutes ago, Unghin said:

I am went slept (on bed, with sheet on window and no light) without alarm about 23:00 and awoke at 4:50 with average panic and disturbance - I have got a nightmare?

It is also the new feature of the build 35 ;)

Just now, Unghin said:

2. I was able to see "disassemble" button - but when I use it nothing happens, I just came to object. (I will try it with saw)

4. I am went slept (on bed, with sheet on window and no light) without alarm about 23:00 and awoke at 4:50 with average panic and disturbance - I have got a nightmare? No zombies in house on near I don't seen, no sounds. If it nightmare, in my opinion It should be more articulating, for example - small piece of scary melody. It would be very nice.^_^

You need a hammer and a saw for carpentry objects (on-map low fences too!) and hammer+screwdriver for doors, context menu is bugged, yep. Also you can dispatch metal objects with welding equipment.

Nightmares, yes, totally agree with you, they should add something from this. I like the new features of sleping, for example if you are awaken by a Z in you home you - after killing him - can't fall asleep again.

Thanks to both of you, guys for answers.

1 hour ago, GOGOblin said:

Nightmares, yes, totally agree with you, they should add something from this.

Yes, good example - if made such creepy melody, but only in style of soundtrack - it would be amazing.

1 hour ago, GOGOblin said:

if you are awaken by a Z in you home you - after killing him - can't fall asleep again.

Also interesting thought.

20 minutes ago, GOGOblin said:

I mean it's already implemented, if your sleep is interrupted (by Z or a nightmare) you need a "cooldown" time.  I wonder if a character with "coolblooded" perk can skip this.

Nope, because the cooldown is in fact, required everytime you wake up. Still balancing it tho, but even if you wake up early because of an alarm you forgot to disable, you'll still need bit of time to go to sleep again (depending on how tired you are/sleeping pills etc...)

4 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Nope, because the cooldown is in fact, required everytime you wake up. Still balancing it tho, but even if you wake up early because of an alarm you forgot to disable, you'll still need bit of time to go to sleep again (depending on how tired you are/sleeping pills etc...)

I have encountered this behaviour a couple of times, I thought it was kind of fear/panic implemented this way: you are awaken by a Z (you shit your pants) - can't get to normal.  I think being awaken by Z and by an alarm-clock should have different effects. Would be nice to see it in the game; being disturbed by a Z is a LOT of stress, I guess, it means your sleeping place is UNSAFE, besides fighting in a sleepy "unwarmed" state is a problem. 

3 hours ago, Unghin said:

considered that you are making suggestion

Yep, I hope some extr effects will be added :-D 

Multiplayer server console is spamming 

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Keyboard must be created before you can query key state
        at org.lwjgl.input.Keyboard.isKeyDown(Keyboard.java:406)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCamera.update(IsoCamera.java:119)
        at zombie.ai.states.ClimbOverFenceState2.enter(ClimbOverFenceState2.java:75)
        at zombie.ai.StateMachine.changeState(StateMachine.java:48)
        at zombie.ai.states.ClimbOverFenceState.execute(ClimbOverFenceState.java:108)
        at zombie.ai.StateMachine.update(StateMachine.java:130)
        at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.update(IsoGameCharacter.java:9837)
        at zombie.characters.IsoZombie.update(IsoZombie.java:1767)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.ProcessObjects(IsoCell.java:1353)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:4662)
        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:2589)
        at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1273)
        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:694)

Zombies started jittering, then became increasingly jittery. Eventually they just stop. They turn to face you, but run on the spot, can't move. Consle is filled with:

java.lang.NullPointerException

I havn't read through the entire thread here, but I can see alot of people are having some issues, or should I say are unsure about having smithing in the game. Now, I just think that TIS should be considering what is actually possible in the set circumstances. 

It isn't stupidly difficult to craft a furnace, nor is it stupidly difficult to smith particular items, like knives etc. 

So I would be happy to have these features in game, just they have to be balanced very well, in terms of weight, durability and time taken. 

I really think PZ needs some form of forging in game, and one of the comments I did read mentioned having furnaces on the map already which can be used by the player.... I think that is a great idea and not too far-fetched. 

RJ, I suggest you take a look at how difficult it would be to create items like furnaces, and just how much experience would be required to actually blacksmith something.... 

Hope this gets taken into account.... but I find Project Zomboid as a Zombie survival SIMULATOR.... and also find that things that would be possible in real life should be possible in game. Thanks all

-TG

On 9/11/2016 at 2:14 PM, Unghin said:

Yesterday my character jittered too for few seconds, I foreget to write about this.

Reveal hidden contents

If you mean literaly phisical jittering.

On 9/11/2016 at 2:15 PM, kirrus said:

We've actually given up playing zomboid MP on IWBUMS due to this!

Was this after sleeping in MP? We have the problem where if a character is from pre 35 build that their sleep acceleration does not match the server. When they wake up they're sped up and jittery till they catch the server time. Could this be the same?

Edited by CaptKaspar

6 minutes ago, CaptKaspar said:

Was this after sleeping in MP? We have the problem where if a character is from pre 35 build that their sleep acceleration does not match the server. When they wake up they're sped up and jittery till they catch the server time. Could this be the same?

I don't think so, it was a clean server with a clean map, but it's certainly something to test, thanks!

So, I have spent 9 days in carpentry to research wood frames and disasseble.

1. Wooden frame:

Looks like everything working fine. I have crafted raw of frames and then have upgraded it to different lvl's. Only one strange thing: I was able to look through full barricated  wall with window (crafted).

20160913000712_1.jpg

20160913005309_1.jpg

2. Disassembling:

Almost good. I totally disassembled about 5 houses and got few issues.

- if you are disassembling door with sheet - sheet disappears.

- when you disassembling crate (crafted\already existist) - you can got 3 planks (but it needs 2 planks to be crafted)

- I disassembled this chair 2 times.

All rest process is fine - carpentry level increasing chance to recieve useful materials.

3. Sleep:

All 9 days I slept on bed or sofa without alarm (also I spawned in house with alarmclocks which alarm was set on 15:00 - thats one was spooky:-o) and what I can said:

- I went slep with quit and large sleepiness but difference was in 1 hour - everytime I slept about 8-9 hours, 1 time awoke by shot event. One time I got nightmare and and feel sleepiness after 5 hours.  In my opinion range of sleep time should be more wide. (Sometimes I can sleep 10-12 hours IRL without any loads - and I hate it, but it is realistic :lol:)

4. Nutrition:

Ehm... I am just ran and make no notes. Few time I cooked some soup. I have it mostly wih mid hungers but to bellyfull and now I haven't limit for eating like in build 34. So everyday I was hunger and gets bellyfull. At 9 days I threw 5 kg, seems to much huh?

Also no jiggering for my char.

Spoiler

I still happy about big trees. Now it can be used for strtegy bypass:

20160912234408_1.jpg

Can't remember that house, hm. Looks like it is a new investigation for detective Spiffo (raccoon who will show you how to fight crime - yes, I started to whatch TV)

20160912232818_1.jpg

And in addition - 4th dimension crates (really crates existing only on 1st floor):lol:

20160913010204_1.jpg

And I have few questions to developers: when appears?

- faint from a sleep debt? (in build ~32 I was really scared when horde catch me at gasoline station, and I have got max sleep debt - and I thought that now I will fall in faint and hord will make invasion inside. That was really creapy feeling.)
- harm from overloading (remembered when I got harm trying to take to much planks in alfa)

- sunhits.

Edit:  next time I will work with metal.

Edited by Unghin