RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

7 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

If anything like this occurs to you, please shout it out. Thanks!

not exactly "new stuff" but related... as there are so many new (? or only new for me after 2 years without PZ)  items even without mods... would it be possible to rename some items to make the searching/looking of inventorys "easier"?

Like searching for books it would be much more comfortible if all carpentry books would beginn with carpentry.. all cooking books with cooking etc.. at the moment some are under carpentry, some under advanced...

also items in boxes should be named after the item so they would be listet with the basic item in the box.. like nails + nails (fullbox) (both under N)  instead of nails + box of nails (b + n)

I know, not the best solution but browsing through long lists of items, it would really help to sort out the items you are looking for 

---

but maybe it's not the right moment for this.. there would be lots of items to be renamed... but it would really help... 

Edited by King-Salomon

9 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

While RJ is going through the bug list I'm compiling a doc of micro-tasks and new stuff polish that needs to go into the current 35 build that aren't clear bugs.

So stuff like (scanning back through these past few pages) cigarette item spawns, making new items like arcade cabinets movable and a fishing %.

It would be great when you dismantle a radio/walkie, the battery appears in the same way that other components...

1 hour ago, King-Salomon said:

not exactly "new stuff" but related... as there are so many new (? or only new for me after 2 years without PZ)  items even without mods... would it be possible to rename some items to make the searching/looking of inventorys "easier"?

Like searching for books it would be much more comfortible if all carpentry books would beginn with carpentry.. all cooking books with cooking etc.. at the moment some are under carpentry, some under advanced...

also items in boxes should be named after the item so they would be listet with the basic item in the box.. like nails + nails (fullbox) (both under N)  instead of nails + box of nails (b + n)

I know, not the best solution but browsing through long lists of items, it would really help to sort out the items you are looking for 

---

but maybe it's not the right moment for this.. there would be lots of items to be renamed... but it would really help... 

i want to expand on this a little. could we also change the category some items are labeled with in addition to adding new ones? just to give a few examples. yeast, vinegar and flour are categorized as "items" i think they should be in the "food" category. currently medical supplies are just labeled as "items" could a "first aid" or "medical" category be added? i could give more examples i just wanted to put the general idea  out there

On 11/16/2016 at 10:55 AM, Batsphinx said:

While RJ is going through the bug list I'm compiling a doc of micro-tasks and new stuff polish that needs to go into the current 35 build that aren't clear bugs.

So stuff like (scanning back through these past few pages) cigarette item spawns, making new items like arcade cabinets movable and a fishing %.

This one is right up your alley...

1. The firestation can't be locked/unlocked, keys do not work for this particular building. Tested with 5 keys dropped inside the station and every door.

142A2D984A507C05B85DDC6FD5587015D222EC63

The issue with the bags of coal being present instead of the needed charcoal is still an issue, this is needed to be fixed in order for red grills to work properly.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

3 hours ago, steiger said:

I'll reiterate for the sake of completeness my favorite least favorite bugs:

1) Wood burning stove stops working on move.

2) Missing composter art in the build menu and composter won't build visibly.

3) Large fence won't build anywhere.

That's what I can think of at the moment.  Thanks!

1 and 3 are two of my biggest issues as well.

I'd also like to add the MP sleep sync bug.

5 hours ago, ditoseadio said:

Can someone confirm that host game doesn't work in a non-english language?

In Spanish gets stuck in "Server started:" message, but in English works perfectly.

I have deleted db, saves, server config but it doesn't work anyway :wacko:

I can test that, but do you mean it's not working if you switched to another language from the options screen? Or are you using a translation mod? 

32 minutes ago, Teesee said:

I can test that, but do you mean it's not working if you switched to another language from the options screen? Or are you using a translation mod? 

With 'official' community translations, no mods.
I tested it with French language and it doesn't work either.

16 hours ago, steiger said:

1) Wood burning stove stops working on move.

This is my lovely one.

And i get a new bug or it's not a bug?? 35.21 and no mods.

I harves a fresh cabbage and conserve it in a two glass jar and got "Jar of Cabbage (fresh and raw)".

But after a few days its gone to "Jar of Cabbage (raw)" with -10 unhappiness and -10 boredom lika a stale Cabbege. Can anyone explain me how it can be?

P.S. sry for my English :(

9 hours ago, critical jim said:

first time I've ever seen this, but inner security doors, such as at the bank or in the police station are all locked? no keys unlock them... its a neat feature, but is it new? and is there a possibility of not breaking them down?

Yeah it's intended because these doors often guard good stuff (weapons...), you should be able to find key of it tho, or simply destroy it :)

2 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Yeah it's intended because these doors often guard good stuff (weapons...), you should be able to find key of it tho, or simply destroy it :)

I was wondering too why i could'nt open those doors, Westpoint police station, the second security door is also impossible to disassemble, seems like a pathfinding issue

Edited by NagashUD

17 hours ago, ditoseadio said:

Can someone confirm that host game doesn't work in a non-english language?

In Spanish gets stuck in "Server started:" message, but in English works perfectly.

I have deleted db, saves, server config but it doesn't work anyway :wacko:

Nobody? :(

15 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Have you considered loading keys in drawers or shelves in places like Police Stations and Prisons? 

My understanding is that right now keys only load on dead zombies, but irl large institutions, keys to doors don't normally leave the building.

16 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

@RobertJohnson something is terribly wrong with the new key system. I've tested so far with the Police Station, Courthouse and Firestation, with multiple keys sampled dropped in each building.

Firestation: Keys drop, but no doors can be locked/unlocked. Tested with every door and 6 keys dropped inside the station.

Spoiler

142A2D984A507C05B85DDC6FD5587015D222EC63

All 6 keys dropped in Firestation do not affect any doors.

Police Station: 5 keys dropped. All of them only unlocked 1 single exterior door, none of the interior ones (or more importantly, other exterior ones!). Security doors on the inside did not react to any key dropped, even with keys picked up by zed on the other side of the door.

Spoiler

F1D7170993F0065119EC09A0BAACCB67D4656DCC

(The single door affected by all of the 5 keys I found in the building)

E07BFF742DC258683A21EEA105F69FC1DCDBDA1F

(other exterior doors do not react)

FA07E8CE06A921ACA205A3246D420D39387E3C0D

(No key found affects it. all 20 zed found inside killed with 5 key drops.)

Courthouse: All keys dropped in building unlock all but one exterior door. Security doors on the inside did not react to any key dropped, even with keys picked up by zed on the other side of the door. Tested with 6 key drops and every zed inside killed.

Spoiler

B77319CFF062650FF2FE446F10FC81D0B47F3B1D

(The exterior door that is not affected by the keys.)

(Not pictured: None of the found keys affect the security doors)

Edited by Kim Jong Un

7 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Mmph, I think it comes from the code I added to make some interior door always locked... I'll fix it for next version...

@ditoseadio what is your UI_Server_Started translation? It comes from here, i'll prob just hard code it in English to be sure we won't have problem with this...

Certainly, that line is the problem.
I did several tests and if I do not write that line, the host game works perfectly.

Even if you write that line in English (not translated), or in other languages, it doesn't work either. Only works when I delete it.

My tests...

UI_ServerStatus_Started = "Servidor iniciado:", <-- Not working
UI_ServerStatus_Started = "", <-- Not working
UI_ServerStatus_Started = "Server started:", <-- Not working
--UI_ServerStatus_Started = "Servidor iniciado:", <-- Works

There seems to be a bug with the new digital watches that spawn on zombies.

Sometimes a dead zombie with a watch will have the alarm already set, when the alarm goes off it will make the alarm noise. Picking up the watch and resetting the alarm will not make the noise go away. If you pick up the watch and move it somewhere else, the noise will continue at the spot where the zombie died. If you move the corpse, the noise will continue at the spot where the zombie died. Nothing you  can do in game seems to make that noise go away, if you leave the area and return the noise will play again. 

As you can imagine it's super annoying, especially if the watch is near your safehouse :cry:

I don't know if it's significant or not but both times this happened to me were at the spot with the 2 picnic tables just east of the large warehouse on the north end of Muldraugh. 

I managed to make the noise go away by removing the AlarmSound event from the digital watch entry in the newitems.txt file.  This means you can't hear the watch alarm, but I assume the zombies will. So until it's fixed, this is a temporary solution if this happens to you and the watch alarm noise is making you crazy :-D

Also this is my first post, enjoying the game immensely so far. Great job!

I just had a BLAST, 20 hours being glued to my charir xD... 

Statements:

Version 35.21

Mode: One day

Mods: NONE, NNNOOOOONNNEEEEE.

I think i just set a world record... 

For the game developers, i had many aplication hags, many items disapearing, and a lot of precious bullets wasted, its really hard to get aiming and reload level up to get the Varmint and the Hunting Rifle to actually work in killing zombies...   however, most of my 9mm rounds (i had 35 boxes) disapeared from one day to the next, and i had to level my aiming to level 4 wasting a lot of .233 ammo. 

Shotguns are the best man kind creation ever. xD

The actual zombie body count should be higher as when i had no food, no ammo, i used fire to kill massive amounts of them... but burned to death zombies are not counted as kills ... but I killed them nonetheless, i am the one to be held responsible for their death.

screenshot_19-11-2016_23-03-47.jpg

Edited by Miguel Arce