RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

12 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

When Hosting a server via easy co-op, the host is automatically given admin powers despite not being an admin. There's also no a database to manipulate, so things get a bit weird, which might explain some of your issues, Capt.

Hey enigma, when i host via the host button, I think I do have admin powers. But i definately dont have access to admin level commands such as godmode, invisibility, start rain, and stuff like that. When i type /help i only get like /changepassword, /roll and something with cards.

Any ideas whats happening?

Yeah, it's my bad, I had a talk with EG about it, now I get it.

So for next version, what I'll do will prob be (don't hesitate to tell me if it's bad):

- Host loggin as non admin

- Host and only him will have access to an admin panel (in the main menu screen, while in game just press escape)

- From this panel he can get his admin superpower, allowing him to do wht the heck he wants

- When he's done admining, he can remove the super power again

That way, you're not always an admin (because I changed some code in it, like admin can't get hits by zed or pvp etc...) but you can administrate your server (even tho i find it quite cheaty, specially with the player stats UI now, but meh.)

Sounds good to you guys?

Edit:

If it sounds cool, I'll try to release a version tomorrow with a few fixes in MP stuff, I know I said i'll work again on SP, but had to do some MP stuff... :D (and specially now i get lot of ppl playing easy coop and can't use my new admin tools, and i really needs feedback on them, to be sure it's ain't broken!)

Build IWBUMS 35.19:

IMPORTANT CHANGE! Now COOP host can have access to admin panel in the escape menu while in game!

[New]
[MP] Coop host can now get admin power via the admin panel (press escape while in game, click on "admin panel"), disable admin power when you're done to avoid weird zombies behavior
[MP] You can now check (and changes) your own stats in the admin panel
[MP] Added a server options UI in the admin panel, from there you can see all your server options, their value, and change them easily

[Bug Fix]
[MP] Fixed a bug in alarm clock/multiplayer causing screen to blink & you suddently get lot of pain/damage
Stop the ringing of an alarm clock if you set it's time before clicking on stop
Wire can't be consolidated
Can now translate the MP text color option
Fixed painting some walls making them invisible
Fixed upgrading a wall made it going in front of other objects

16 minutes ago, Unghin said:

Looks like everything works, but window of server options UI is to tall and I was unable to change it size, so I couldn't see button's names in bottom of my screen. Also, what about horde map for COOP host admin panel? :rolleyes:

Can you screenshot this UI problem? And what you mean by horde map?

RJ -- not to be pedantic about the wire pour issue you just fixed, but thread, twine, and matches suffer the same issue.  Maybe it makes sense for bottles of disinfectant and lighters?  I dunno, but thought I'd mention it.  Thanks for your work.

4 minutes ago, Maxi605 said:

anybody?

If you review the thread, it's been mentioned.  I think they know about it.  RJ's been focusing on MP items lately.  Patience is difficult but necessary.

FYI, it's just that the image/art that is missing.  You can build the composter and it will work, you just have to remember where you put it. :)

Do you guys think these nutrition values add up? The protein and fat and carbs make sense, but only 265 calories for a steak, mutton chop, egg, and leek stir fry sounds wrong. while a bag of chips give 720 calories... My friend and i literally grab the overweight perk because when we make food via cooking, we are not getting enough calories. We keep losing so much weight, we have to eat a bag of chips that gives us 720 calories  (-15 hunger) to coincide with the 265 calorie stir fry (-44 hunger). 

Just some input about nutrition.

Btw thanks RJ for allowing co-op to have admin rights, i would not have been able to notice it without giving myself the nutritionist perk real quick to see why i kept losing weight.

20161017215447_1.jpg

Edited by Chris0135
Added a bit more

I took nutrition values from american website (walmart and something gouv related, i could find the site again) so it should be ok...

Yeah, it's easy to lost weight in a game as you don't taste anything :D So yeah, no chips, easy!

As for the composter, can you verify your file via Steam? I know Steam sometimes mess up when I do lot of updates... Silly steam :(

And yeah, thanks Steiger! Tbh I don't remember all our items so it's kinda hard for me to remember everything that can't be consolidated :D

Rememebr to use bug tracker, specially if you don't have any answer, it's way easier for me to keep tracking your problems :)

(pst, i'm also really often on discord if you need to ping me if i don't answer here.. :D)

FYI - If you're working out whether carbs, proteins and fats are all calculated correctly within meals/recipes or individual food items, consider the science behind it.

1g of carbs = 4 calories

1g of proteins = 4 calories

1g of fat = 9 calories

Quick calculation should tell you if things are adding up right if you add all these up from a recipe and see what the game actually gives you.

5 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

As for the composter, can you verify your file via Steam? I know Steam sometimes mess up when I do lot of updates... Silly steam :(

I've verified my file via Steam.  I even tried having Steam wipe my local files and downloading fresh, still no composter in my build menu.  I know the art work exists in my build, because there are composters in the map in West Point in the grocery store next to the hardware store.  I can see them, but I can't move them or build ones like them.

My inviso-composters also can't be disassembled, they can only be destroyed with a sledgehammer.

19 hours ago, ZLO said:

When will be update in public? Or when at least animation appears on the test?

When it is ready. 
Animations are the way bigger task so the more appropriate thing would be "at least" releasing the mountain of fixes and other stuff to stable before the animations drop into testing.