RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

2 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:
  • Wet items (bath towel and dish cloth) will now dry themself after a while, a progress bar is in the tooltip to show you how much time left

AT LAST!!!

*Cue fireworks*

Anyhow, just how do I smelt metal? I thought that there would be a skill magazine for it somewhere, but I just didn't find it. Or taking Metalkworker as profession is the only way to do so?

Also, on another note, it'd be great if we could disassemble wooden crates. I can already disassemble most 1-square objects, and even some 2-squares, so not being able to disassemble the crates seems kinda counterintuitive.

2 minutes ago, Blake81 said:

not being able to disassemble the crates seems kinda counterintuitive.

Could you please also post  here , maybe a single dedicaded suggestion-thread for our "wanties" will be more functional.  EnigmaGrey tries to make this topic neat and moved some posts there.

23 minutes ago, axeladalidez78 said:

Can't make a hot drink:

Hot drink.png

Mmph weird, it's a bug with the crafting menu as it should require directly a water mug.. Fill the mug with water first then try again? I need to fix this (right click on the water mug should works too)

3 minutes ago, Blake81 said:

There are over 100 fixes/minor suggestions there already.

Yep (and the whole Suggestion department also), but maybe suggestions that are currently inspired by the last update would be better placed apart. Not sure about this. I just wanted to say that posts can be moved from this topic.

15 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Weird, you're placing them against a wall? Try to show me a screenshot wiht your map position next time, so i can see if i can reproduce, that'd be handy :D

20160825091306_1.jpg

Hope this helps. I'm on the Large Warehouse at Mul, and I can't build the metal shelves on ANY of its walls.

hi, i'am french , so i do my best to write right, hope same for reader ;) 
So idea , i have to talk about some !
talking about inventory :

• I'am force to enlarge window to do rectangle to select due to "button shortcut" in category when 3. What about leave some pixels free before button to start the rectangle instead of select after this 3 button (and big enlarge windows) or option to deactivate "button shortcut".
  • When search many line same containers (ex school locker), it's difficult to know who container is "new" when i move in the corridor, a visible diseapperance and/or apperance (fading of icon) or/and a tempory tag on the icon of "seen just now" can situate wich icon (container) was seen or not. work for corpse.
  • Drag and drop from inventory to "graphic" container.
  • Drag and craft ( see "add ingredient") graphical, ex : drag bottle on sink to fill it.
  • Display numerical amout of remaining/containing/usability when OnMouseOver "remaining bar" (if remaining 80 water in a cooking pot : 80/170).

Menu :

• WHoooo ! wood, metal... what following ? put this in a subsection construction (with icon of tool to craft (hammer, blowtorch, etc) or shuffle all type in the same menu.
    display wood and metal line even if no carrying tools for, but display lack to build (hammer for wood, blowtorch or/and mask for metal...) instead of what is buildable

when I cook:

- menu :

• Papper and salt appear with the number of bottle. (1 line for each bottle, no 1 for salt and 1 for papper)
  • Can't queue : If i open a menu before the last ingredient was added (in the same mixture or an other) generate error and action is not queued.
  • Display food remaining in stove/etc.. like water/propane/etc..
  • Display in the menu the number of full food and remaining of actual :15/50(3) mean using 15 on a 50 cheese and 3 cheese.

- Inventory :

• Automatic pickup of food from container, but no automatic replace remaining, same for can opener, so i think it's the same for other craft with auto pickup.
  • ADD INGREDIENT BY DRAG AND CRAFT on the stope/pan/etc.. ! same for craft like studded bat, clean tisssues, etc...
  • Add ingredient to stacked mixture add to first, so when name don't change with new ingredient, have to open to select mixture one by one otherwise first mixture full of "cheese" instead of add 1 cheese each.
  • Problem in french (maybe in english) : add a slice of ham to burger name "slice of ham burger" and not "ham burger"

Farming :

• Display in menu containing/max value when water (ex 50/170 for cooking pot water a plante who need 50 water). same for food when no full use.

World :

• Sprite log wall isn't aligned when est/west (assume north upper right), don't correspond with a north/south wall..
  • Changed light breaks more quickly than original, and very quickly. I know the story of the 100 year light, but I don't want to remind me planned obsolescence. 
  • time control only when watch clock is equiped (accelerate, may pause)

Zombies :

• They knock to door when a broken window is close to the door (or conversely).
  • When I open a door, zombis appear when he is on me, shouldn't be displayed when open the door ? (fading too slow ?)
  • Zombies knok to a window to go out from a place where they are entered. this case is frequent, and I'am annoyed when i see that, feeling more "no AI npc" than stupid zombies.
  • There is a problem when behind door, when "enter and retreat" or enter and push behind the opened door : deseaper/reset tracking

ideas / ergonomics :

• It seems to be npc can answer a "to pick list", use this script to display "water in pan" and "fill bottle" when a sink is within 5 blocks and autoGo/fill to sink, same for "cook the mixture" and oven. could be an option for craft and containers within 5(or X) blocks instead of pointing containers.
  • Last 2 : for use after elec/water shutdown and use "existing network". need screewdriver(for elec) + tool of hiding surface (hammer for wood, shovel for dust, blowtorch for metalwall,etc..
  • when too many containers at the same place : modifiable icon ( right of inventory) CTRL + drag and drop an object : add a miniature of object dragged on the container icon to differentiate.
Edited by arkahys
so many mistake...

Do we still need the whole bottle of coffe or it is drainable with more tha one use now?

Also, thanks a lot for the update RJ, I was waiting for the anims to drop in the IWBUMS, but things are getting so intense here, that I'll have to antecipate my ride in the IWBUMS :D

3 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 35.10:

• You now only have 40% chance of spawning with your key ring
  • Can now use Unusable Wood as fire fuel
  • Possible fix for the alarm clock crash in MP

First, hip hip hurray for the possible alarm clock crash in MP! Friends and I are excited to be able to dive into build 35! Will test later today and will post feedback if it works.

So do we have a 40% chance to have no key ring now? Or do we just not spawn with a key? I never find additional key rings except on player-zombies, so that leaves me worried about what I'm supposed to do with all the keys I find.

Cheers for the unusable wood being fire fuel now!

Great list of fixes and updates! Good work :) 

5 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:
  • You now only have 40% chance of spawning with your key ring

Eeeeeh, I don't know if I agree with this one. It's not really a big deal, but it doesn't really add anything to gameplay either, it just makes a mess of my inventory later on when I have a lot of keys hanging around. Frankly I've always been of the opinion that even the keyring shouldn't be an actual item, there should just be a separate menu entirely where your keys are tracked and you can label/rename them. The keys should only appear as items when you're looting them off of another player, zombie, or container.

2 hours ago, Absle said:

Eeeeeh, I don't know if I agree with this one. It's not really a big deal, but it doesn't really add anything to gameplay either, it just makes a mess of my inventory later on when I have a lot of keys hanging around. Frankly I've always been of the opinion that even the keyring shouldn't be an actual item, there should just be a separate menu entirely where your keys are tracked and you can label/rename them. The keys should only appear as items when you're looting them off of another player, zombie, or container.

I completely agree.

7 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

• You now have a minor "chance" to spawn a new player with minor injury (could be bandaged), minor panic or a bit exhausted, won't happen in easy difficulty

And with this, I'm hoping these injuries are truly minor. Because honestly, if it's something you need to heal or disinfect or take care of beyond what a starting character with nothing is capable of fixing right away, it will just be an unfair start and I would see myself and others simply "re-rolling" their characters if they start with some kind of cut you need to worry about.

It's one of those scenarios where the player has no chance to stop something bad no matter what they do (in this case because the game hasn't started) but maybe you'll come out healthy and fine still. It would be different if every character started with a minor injury of some kind and dealing with that was part of the beginning of the game but having the chance of them being fine like they are now gives things a weird imbalance. So if I haven't done anything in-game yet I'll just re-roll, since it seems silly and unfair to myself to take this beaten and bruised survivor when I can have a nice and healthy one with the flip of a coin.

I personally think something like this would be better added to the character creation screen. You can already lose the obese trait, making you a stronger character if you survive loosing the weight, so why not have something like a broken leg in there too :)

Just my two cents on the change, no worries if you disagree :) I can always take the extra time to re-roll if it stays with the injured/healthy coin flip :P lol

Edited by Kuren

Damn this alarm clock pronlem, i'm quite lost, is this from a past build 34 server?

Also coffee: it's my bad, i forgot to remove the previous make hot drink recipe, it's an evolved recipe now, just look for "make hot drink" in recipe you should find it, i'm gonna remove the previous recipe for next version